Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > COMPLETE LIST of ELIGIBLE 2009 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

THE LIST Jan. 1- Dec. 31

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE LIST Jan. 1- Dec. 31
    Posted: January 20 2010 at 6:17pm
Inglourious Basterds is "an over-rated movie"??  Not at all!! 
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 6:26pm
War is meant to be seen in shades of Awesome and Bad-Ass.
-Iron helps us play-
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 6:38pm
I don't want to bore everyone with a long dissertation on mathematics and gaming theory, but with 10 movies in the mix rather than 5, the vote can get split so badly (particularly in a year with 3 or 4 worthy contenders) that it is almost guaranteed that something entirely undeserving will end up winning. Whoever it was at AMPAS who came up with this completely ridiculous idea really didn't think it through very carefully...  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 7:28pm
Truly, what five other movies are worthy of being Best Picture Oscar contenders besides the ones what were up for the Golden Globe's Best Picture/Drama award? 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 9:20pm
Besides Avatar, The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, Precious, and Up in the Air, some of these films could possibly get Best Picture Oscar nominations:

Bright Star, Invictus, The Road, 500 Days of Summer, The White Ribbon, Up, An Education, Crazy Heart, Where the Wild Things Are, A Serious Man, A Single Man and The Messenger. 
My Picks... so far:
Worst Picture BUCKY LARSON
Worst Actor Shia LaBeouf
Worst Actress Martin Lawrence
Worst Sup Actor John Turturro
Worst Sup Actress Vanessa Hudgens
Worst Director Michael Bay
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 10:15am
Boy have the PR branches of Dick Clark Productions and NBC done a snow job in selling the public on the idea that the Golden Globes are a legitimate (or even relevant) award! Their voting membership is, according to The L.A. Times, a mere 83 PEOPLE. And most of them retain their memberships by getting less than half-a-dozen film-related articles published each year by foreign news organizations. The rest of the time, most of the HFPA membership make their living doing menial jobs, just like most Regular Joes. These are not people with the experience, insight or credentials to be considered in the same league with the various "guild awards" or the Oscars. If you run the numbers, it is possible (in a field of 5-6 nominees) to win a Golden Globe with as few as 17 VOTES. How is that significant?!?!? 

Honestly, until the past decade or so (when they first popped up on NBC during the time frame when Academy Award nominating ballots are being voted) the Globes were alwaze considered an industry joke!

And, speaking of jokes, my favorite riff on the caliber and priorities of HFPA voters called them "people who would cross the Alps for a free hot dog!"   

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 10:55am
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but NBC doesn't make mistakes. Have you EVER heard of anything else they might've botched?

I didn't think so! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, the other night on COLBERT REPORT they had the head of NBC Sports as their guest, and he said that NBC is actually expecting to lose money on this year's Winter Olympics -- To the tune of about $200 million.

I guess when you're "on a streak," you're "on a streak"!!     
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 11:45am
Wow, Head Razz....sounds like the L.A. Times is actually catching up with....US!!!!!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
ROTTEM View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ROTTEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 2:06pm

BRAD PITT for Worst actor in INGLORIOUS BASTERDS!!!

Tongue 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, both words in this film's title are intentionally mis-spelled, thus it is "properly" referred to as INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS... 
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by ROTTEM

BRAD PITT for Worst actor in INGLORIOUS BASTERDS!!!

Tongue 

What the f..... What are you smoking? It's a joke I hope!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Boy have the PR branches of Dick Clark Productions and NBC done a snow job in selling the public on the idea that the Golden Globes are a legitimate (or even relevant) award! Their voting membership is, according to The L.A. Times, a mere 83 PEOPLE. And most of them retain their memberships by getting less than half-a-dozen film-related articles published each year by foreign news organizations. The rest of the time, most of the HFPA membership make their living doing menial jobs, just like most Regular Joes. These are not people with the experience, insight or credentials to be considered in the same league with the various "guild awards" or the Oscars. If you run the numbers, it is possible (in a field of 5-6 nominees) to win a Golden Globe with as few as 17 VOTES. How is that significant?!?!? 

Honestly, until the past decade or so (when they first popped up on NBC during the time frame when Academy Award nominating ballots are being voted) the Globes were alwaze considered an industry joke!

And, speaking of jokes, my favorite riff on the caliber and priorities of HFPA voters called them "people who would cross the Alps for a free hot dog!"   

83 members?! And most of them have "regular Joe" jobs?! Hmmm, maybe I can join their little club and be a voting member of both the Razzies and the GGs!
augusta87 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 10:35pm
I just hope the Oscars have a little more sense to award something other than The Hangover. Personally, my vote is for The Hurt Locker to win Best Picture.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 3:34am
I think it is perfectly obvious which movie is going to win the Best Picture Oscar this year. I mean seriously, what could beat out the most influential 3D movie event of all time. It tracked well among it's target audience, and to top off that, it grossed more at teh box office than logic should allow. So, when the Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience wins, I'll have a big "I told you so" for everyone!

HAHAHAHAHA!

I was gonna say Avatar in there, but that wouldn't have been nearly as amusing to me... I need to see the darn nominations... like NOW.... **grumbles**

And if it weren't obvious, I was kidding about the Jonas Brothers being a front runner.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

I think it is perfectly obvious which movie is going to win the Best Picture Oscar this year. I mean seriously, what could beat out the most influential 3D movie event of all time. It tracked well among it's target audience, and to top off that, it grossed more at teh box office than logic should allow. So, when the Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience wins, I'll have a big "I told you so" for everyone!
LOL That was priceless, Frank! It's so good to have you back, the board wasn't the same without you. Clap 
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 6:25pm
Sleep deprivation, it does wonderful things to my brain.Smile
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 7:52pm
Good to see you back, Frank...we missed you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105>