Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Most Original Movie Ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Most Original Movie Ever
    Posted: September 23 2009 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I still don't see how the term idiot ever applies to taste, at least not on an individual level.

I'm sorry but what does this have anything to do with the matter at hand? Oh, wait. It isn't.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 1:00pm
What he means is that just because someone has bad taste in movies, that doesn't make him an idiot. In other words, there's no reason to be throwing around names when one's IQ has nothing to do with one's taste in movies. That does have a matter in this, since you always seem to be under the impression that we think your bad taste in movies means you're stupid, which is not true.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 6:34am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I still don't see how the term idiot ever applies to taste, at least not on an individual level.
I'm sorry but what does this have anything to do with the matter at hand? Oh, wait. It isn't.

What it has to do with the matter at hand is that I WAS trying to say that you WEREN'T an idiot... Although, you seem to be trying to prove me wrong.
-Iron helps us play-
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 9:08am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

You're making me close from quitting here and I'm sure many of you won't care because all of you are conformists who don't express their own opinion but follow with the majority.

I really hate to belabor a rather pointless discussion here, BUT the statement above really can't be permitted to go unchallenged. Quite honestly, the very existance of this board is all about challenging the majority. Unfortunately, most people out there make movie decisions on the basis of what Hollywood tells them is good, and few people ever really walk out of a movie saying, "Wow, that was a stinker." The people on this board ignore the fact that they've shelled over their hard earned bucks on some piece of crap and are fulling willing to challenge the trendy notions of what constitutes "entertainment".

Just speaking on a personal level, I very recently spoke out strongly against District 9, a film that was well received by critics but which, IMHO, was grossly mismarketed and not a movie I was comfortable sitting through.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 4:27pm

Once again, saturnwatcher makes a good point. Take for example, "Transformers 2", the worst movie of the year as far as I'm concerned. I didn't pay money for it, I was given a free ticket from a friend. It was the worst piece of sh*t H-Wood has made this decade, yet it made $400 million. We are the minority that is willing to give this "movie" awards for just how bad it is. I for one am not posting here just so I can be part of a majority, I'm posting here because I really do believe the movies listed here all suck and shouldn't have been made.

dianne View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 1:20am
Japanese and Chinese has their own style of making movies that make them their own or original. It's mostly based on their culture and tradition, history, folklore and their own legendary hero stories. I have been a fan of Chinese and Japanese movies because of those. Martial arts scenes, costumes, concept and story are great. It's original.
Check out sweet quotes for inspiring thoughts on life and love.
reedaisym View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote reedaisym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 8:23am
I think the 1954 movie "Seven Samurai" is one of the most original movie ever. Aside from that it is considered as one of the greatest and most influential movies of all time. This film was among the first who used the now common plot of recruiting and gathering of heroes into a team to accomplish a certain goal. Seven Samurai is in my favorite movies list, this movie is really good.
jetbravv View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jetbravv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 3:03am
I have always loved Ghost. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12