Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

THE NUT JOB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE NUT JOB
    Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:05pm

MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION

THE NUT JOB...WHERE TO START? BRENDAN FRASER AND KATHERINE HEIGL AMONG THE VOICE CAST? A SQUIRREL TRYING TO STEAL FOOD FROM A STORE, AND DOING IT FAR WORSE THAN FANTASTIC MR. FOX DID THE SAME THING BACK IN 2009? A KID’S MOVIE WITH MORE THAN 80 MINUTES OF OBVIOUS NUT JOKES?

YET ANOTHER FLIMSY ATTEMPT AT 3D ANIMATION JUST 2 ˝ MONTHS AFTER FREE BIRDS, THIS “ANIMALS STEALING FOOD FROM A STORE” FLICK SEES THE SQUIRREL, NAMED “SURLY” GETTING EXPELLED FROM HIS COMMUNE OF WOODLAND PARK ANIMALS, JOINING FORCES WITH A RAT, THEN EMBARKING ON A MISSION TO STEAL ACORNS AND OTHER NUTS BEFORE WINTER STRIKES. ALREADY SPORTING LESS THAN 15% ROTTEN TOMATOES APPROVAL RATING BEFORE IT REACHED 50 REVIEWS, CRITICS HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW UNCREATIVE IT IS. TOO MANY OF THE JOKES INVOLVE PHRASES USING “NUTS” FIGURATIVELY IN A WAY THAT’S BEEN DONE TO DEATH, AND OF COURSE, THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM WITH KIDS’ ANIMATION THESE DAYS: FLATULENCE AND TOILET HUMOR!

BUT DON’T LET ME BE THE ONLY ONE CHIPPING AT THIS ROTTING ACORN’S SHELL! AS BART SIMPSON SAID IN SKINNER’S SENSE OF SNOW, “YOU ARE HEREBY ORDERED TO GO NUTS!”

NO NUTS, NO GLORY! OUR CONGRESS HAS BEEN SATURATED WITH RIGHT-WING NUT JOBS THESE PAST THREE YEARS, AND ONLY A SIMILARLY BIG NUT JOB WOULD UNITE THE STARS OF ONE FOR THE MONEY AND FURRY VENGEANCE AS THE LEADERS OF A  VOICE CAST!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:29pm
A lot of the main actors (the ones on the poster*) will be in other movies this year. So I do think this movie has a good chance of getting nominated.

R.T. (15%): "Hampered by an unlikable central character and source material stretched too thin to cover its brief running time, the film will provoke an allergic reaction in all but the least demanding moviegoers".

JimmyO gave it a 3/10.

*Giving the "and" credit to Heigl implies she's a bigger star than Neeson. Although, it could mean that Neeson has a "glorified cameo" and Heigl has simply a supporting role.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:30pm
WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:35pm
By the way, one of the script writers of this also co-wrote OVER THE HEDGE. Does that give this movie a better (or worse) chance to be considered for Worst Remake/Rip-off?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:48pm
SchmoesKnow review:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 10:47am
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2014 at 5:52pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2014 at 7:05am
Andrés Nazarala R. (2/7): "The visuals are adequate (I find it interesting that it takes place in the '50s), but it's weakened by the excessive action and director Peter Lepeniotis' lack of ambition. It's just that this is a movie that we've already seen many times. And it's inevitably overshadowed by another great movie about rodents: RATATOUILLE".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 8:59pm
Diego Muńoz (2/5): "It has enough physical comedy and flashy colors to distract the smallest children, but there's very little for the older ones or for the accompanying adults".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2014 at 8:39pm
I just saw it. It currently ranks #3/5 in my Worst Animed Movies list. For your consideration:
-Worst Supp. Actor for Liam Neeson (also for A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST, but not for THE LEGO MOVIE nor NON-STOP).
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Remake/Rip-off (remake of this short film/rip-off of OVER THE HEDGE).
-Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment.
-Worst Picture.

JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2014 at 11:25pm
Vits, did you mean Worst Animated Movies of just this year or of all-time?

Because I'm 100% sure I can name at least 5- no wait, make that 10- Animated films which are easily worse.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2014 at 11:27pm
And thanks for calling it out for being such an obvious rip-off of Over the Hedge. But isn't it an equal rip-off of the Oceans movies w/ George Clooney?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 6:25am
1) Of all time.
2) Really? 10? Which ones?
3) Your comment implies that you've seen this movie. What did you think of it? You don't think it's one of the worst of all time, but maybe you still want it to be nominated for something?
4) As I said in a few posts above, both movies have the same script writer.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 5:01pm
No I confess that I have not seen this movie. But if you're telling me its worse than these movies:

All 3 Animated Titanic movies (including that WTF piece of sh*t Tentacolino) I count them as one because they all suck and are a trilogy.

Foodfight (look up the Nostalgia Critics review on it)

Secret of Nimh 2: Timmy to the Rescue

Cars 2 IMHO. The spy genre thing completely went against all the down-to-earth themes of the original and was unnecessary to begin with.

Little Nemo

A Troll in Central Park, obviously

Countless direct-to DVD or Video Disney movies

Felix the Cat: The Movie

I HATED Fantasia and found Fantasia 2000 as pointless as it was forgettable. Sorry if you like them, but got those movies bored me!

Shrek the Third and especially Shrek Forever After! Talk about a franchise jumping the Shrek!!!!

And quite a few more I can't think of right now.

P.S. While I haven't seen it, if I do I'll let you know who I think deserves to be considered. I'm already thinking about Brendan Fraser as a possibility for Worst Supporting Actor for this movie and Gimme Shelter as a sort of Worst Career Award for selling out after The Quiet American w/ Michael Caine. I haven't seen that one either, but heard very good things.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 9:02am
I gave CARS PART 2 and SHREK FOREVER AFTER a 5/10, FANTASIA and SHREK THE 3RD a 7/10, and FANTASIA 2000 an 8/10. There are direct-to-DVD Disney movies in my list, but they're ranked lower than THE NUT JOB. I saw A TROLL IN CENTRAL PARK when I was little and I don't remember how I felt. I haven't seen the others you mentioned.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 10:12am
Fantasia is actually my favorite animated film.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>