Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

THE NUT JOB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE NUT JOB
    Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:05pm

MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION

THE NUT JOB...WHERE TO START? BRENDAN FRASER AND KATHERINE HEIGL AMONG THE VOICE CAST? A SQUIRREL TRYING TO STEAL FOOD FROM A STORE, AND DOING IT FAR WORSE THAN FANTASTIC MR. FOX DID THE SAME THING BACK IN 2009? A KID’S MOVIE WITH MORE THAN 80 MINUTES OF OBVIOUS NUT JOKES?

YET ANOTHER FLIMSY ATTEMPT AT 3D ANIMATION JUST 2 ˝ MONTHS AFTER FREE BIRDS, THIS “ANIMALS STEALING FOOD FROM A STORE” FLICK SEES THE SQUIRREL, NAMED “SURLY” GETTING EXPELLED FROM HIS COMMUNE OF WOODLAND PARK ANIMALS, JOINING FORCES WITH A RAT, THEN EMBARKING ON A MISSION TO STEAL ACORNS AND OTHER NUTS BEFORE WINTER STRIKES. ALREADY SPORTING LESS THAN 15% ROTTEN TOMATOES APPROVAL RATING BEFORE IT REACHED 50 REVIEWS, CRITICS HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW UNCREATIVE IT IS. TOO MANY OF THE JOKES INVOLVE PHRASES USING “NUTS” FIGURATIVELY IN A WAY THAT’S BEEN DONE TO DEATH, AND OF COURSE, THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM WITH KIDS’ ANIMATION THESE DAYS: FLATULENCE AND TOILET HUMOR!

BUT DON’T LET ME BE THE ONLY ONE CHIPPING AT THIS ROTTING ACORN’S SHELL! AS BART SIMPSON SAID IN SKINNER’S SENSE OF SNOW, “YOU ARE HEREBY ORDERED TO GO NUTS!”

NO NUTS, NO GLORY! OUR CONGRESS HAS BEEN SATURATED WITH RIGHT-WING NUT JOBS THESE PAST THREE YEARS, AND ONLY A SIMILARLY BIG NUT JOB WOULD UNITE THE STARS OF ONE FOR THE MONEY AND FURRY VENGEANCE AS THE LEADERS OF A  VOICE CAST!

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:29pm
A lot of the main actors (the ones on the poster*) will be in other movies this year. So I do think this movie has a good chance of getting nominated.

R.T. (15%): "Hampered by an unlikable central character and source material stretched too thin to cover its brief running time, the film will provoke an allergic reaction in all but the least demanding moviegoers".

JimmyO gave it a 3/10.

*Giving the "and" credit to Heigl implies she's a bigger star than Neeson. Although, it could mean that Neeson has a "glorified cameo" and Heigl has simply a supporting role.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:30pm
WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:35pm
By the way, one of the script writers of this also co-wrote OVER THE HEDGE. Does that give this movie a better (or worse) chance to be considered for Worst Remake/Rip-off?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:48pm
SchmoesKnow review:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 10:47am
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2014 at 5:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply