Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > FIREHOUSE DOG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The reviews are in !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote breezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The reviews are in !!!
    Posted: April 12 2007 at 7:54am

I happen to catch Ebert & Roeper's review on Firehouse Dog on http://www.atthemoviestv.com and it got a thumbs down from Roeper and a thumbs up from his guest, and got me to thinking how many pple actually use reviews before they go out and watch a movie. How many of you check out reviews before you hit the theates and what do you think of Ebert & Roeper's site ?

chitty chitty bang bang, we love you!
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 12:29pm
I, for one, check reviews before I see movies. But I use Rotten Tomatoes, so I get the basic idea of whether a movie is worth seeing or not.
Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
breezy View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote breezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 4:37am
Does that influence your decesion on whether to watch the movie or not, or are you just trying to get a feel for the movie ?
chitty chitty bang bang, we love you!
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 6:49am

Usually, it does influence my decision (why would I waste $10 to see a piece of crap?), unless it's a movie I really, really, REALLY want to see, and have been looking forward to for a long time (example: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - didn't get "Certified Fresh" on Rotten Tomatoes, but I still saw it)

Eventually, once the bad movie in question shows up on one of the movie channels we get, I usually flip over to it to see if it's REALLY as bad as people say (and it usually is - I recently caught the Worst-Supporting-Actress-winning Date Movie and felt sick to my stomach ).

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply