Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > DOOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Rock is Back...and Ready 2 RAZZ?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Rock is Back...and Ready 2 RAZZ?!?!?
    Posted: October 19 2005 at 2:08am

Movies based on video games (see ALONE IN THE DARK) tend to be dorky and dim-witted. When they star The Rock, it's almost like shooting fish-in-a-barrel. Join our discussion and let us know: Are we putting ourselves between The Rock and a hard place by predicting DOOM is doomed to REEK??

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 9:43am
If it's directed by Uwe Boll, perhaps. But I feel that it could be slightly out of the running for the Razzie, as there's fierce competition for that top spot this year.

I still think The Rock shouldn't have given up his day job...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 1:10am

So, I was at the Monday Night Football game a few weeks ago (Denver vs. Kansas City). A host on the field was giving the crowd instructions on a few crowd stunts we were going to do when the game started, and the broadcast was live. The person on the field told the crowd that a "national celebrity," who was not identified, would come out on the field, and with the celebrity, everyone would chant, "A R E   Y O U  R E A D Y ? !!!!!!"

The telecast started, and who came out? The Rock!? We were all saying, "Oh? Is he going to introduce the celebrity?"

A decidedly disappointing start to the proceedings. Fortunately, Denver whipped up on the Chiefs and all ended well.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2005 at 12:11am
I'm just waiting for The Rock to emulate Hulk Hogan and make a string of "C" pictures with a bunch of has-been TV actors co-starring...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 3:22am

With a filmography that includes Be Cool, Walking Tall (can anyone think of a film that needed to be remade even less?) The Rundown and The Scorpion King, It appears to me that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (how pathetic is it that I know his real name?) is already well into the C-list portion of his career.

The bad news is that by my count, he is either already involved in the production of, or contracted for roles in, 7 more films that will appear by the end of next year. I personally see a Razzie worthy career in the building that could rival Sylvestor Stallone.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 5:25am

Did anyone else notice that the print ad for DOOM in today's paper (one week after it opened!) has already gone from being a FULL PAGE last Friday to being TEENY-TINY today?? 

Gee, what is Universal trying to tell us??

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 6:43pm

Originally posted by JoeBacon

I'm just waiting for The Rock to emulate Hulk Hogan and make a string of "C" pictures with a bunch of has-been TV actors co-starring...
From what I've noticed, there seems to be a lot of pro-wreslters going to movies these days. Like Paul Levesque (Triple H) in Blade Trinity and Diamond Dallas Page in Devil's Rejects.

What's next? Washed up ex-rock stars making cameos?

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 10:45pm
When it comes to The Rock, it's so sad. He had the potential to be THE biggest action hero ever, and he squandered it...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 2:13pm
It's funny because WWE wrestling isn't fun to watch anymore, the Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin were the two best trash talkers in the WWE and now they're both gone, wrestling isn't as fun anymore.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 12:24am
Speaking of Pro Wrestlers, one of the best, who I honestly believe could have made it in Hollywood with his Charisma, facial expressions, and comedic timing, just passed away. RIP Eddie Guerrero
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 3:31pm

Yes, Hollywood wouldn't be able to resist his Latino HEEET!!!!

May he rest in peace and best wishes to his family.

- Joe Queenan

Robertin View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Robertin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 12:29pm

With all due respect to his memory, do you know what happenned to him?

RIP Eddie Guerrero, may his memory never fade, and my thoughts for his loved ones...

bill the builder View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote bill the builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 6:12pm
hey, personaly i dont think the rocks movies are all that bad (for action
movies), now granted they may not be the type of movies that chance
your way of thinking in life, but then again its no where near as bad as
some of the other trash out there,(trust me i know i work at a video
store), personally i think he just needs time to mature, which will only
come with time, i mean come on...what was the last oscar arnold won??
lets face it, the film industry has and most likely never will validate
characters and movies that are built around people with the rocks build.
arnold, sly, burt renolds, come one. the list goes on and one, the "movie
critic" industry is ran by people who were dorks in highschool who have
an axe to grind. ....you know its true!
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 7:19pm

What's with this infantile thing of posting with no capitalization, no punctuation and sentences that run on for 17 lines?? There's a little button above the box you compose your post in, it reads "ABC" with a check mark next to it -- Try using it before you post your thoughts for all the world to see in their puerile pointlessness.

As for critics having been dorks in high school, at least most of us don't wind up working at video stores!

Everything SUX!
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote bill the builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 8:21pm
im sorry, it was my first post. i should have spell checked. .....and as for
working at a video store...well i dlike working ata video store, it gives me
the free time of day to do other things like ...mmm, run another business.
so ...hmmm, i appreiciate your smart little remark and cheep cut down ,
but i think that just proves my point, dork!!!
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote bill the builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 8:27pm
p.s.
befor you make fun of my spelling ( ya jack ass!) yes i kjjnow there are
some miss spacing, my space button is not doing to great, (im sorry, we
cant all be perfect) geez.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>