Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > KARATE KID (2010)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The SON Also Rises?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The SON Also Rises?!?!?
    Posted: June 12 2010 at 6:54pm
The hatred of Jaden Smith is weird. I thought everybody loved him in Pursuit of Happyness. And he was in The Day the Earth Stood Still. Those are only TWO films, and now people act like they want to kill him. Oh, and don't worry. Jaden is very good in this film. This film shows he can carry a movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 7:01pm
They hate him because if he wasn't Will Smith's kid, he wouldn't be anyone.  

Although everybody loved him in THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS,he has made 2 remakes, which for us is what musicals were in the '80's: Unnecessary, and most likely bad. 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 8:56pm
"TDTESS" sucked. Everyone was sleepwalking their way through the movie and Jaden was so damn annoying, I was cheering when he was dying and screamed "NO!!!" -- then Keanu saved him.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 8:57pm
BINGO! Without his daddy, Jaden wouldn't have gotten into the business, let alone last this long in it!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 10:10am

Father and son Razzie nominations!

Fred Cooper
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 11:26am
Movie Preview Critic's opinion. It's "okay at best" to him.

So his heart isn't the total lump of coal that Miguel claims it is.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 4:05pm
I don't think Will Smith has done anything this year...as an actor. I know he produced this movie, but if a movie gets nominated for "Worst Picture," does it go to the producers??
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 4:12pm
To me, Worst Picture is less about giving bad credit to the producers than it is all about saying the movie was the worst of the entire year, so Will Smith wouldn't be getting a nod for anything. Jaden, on the other hand, has a bull's eye on him!
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 4:53pm
How? Like I said before, Jaden is really good in this film.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

To me, Worst Picture is less about giving bad credit to the producers than it is all about saying the movie was the worst of the entire year, so Will Smith wouldn't be getting a nod for anything. Jaden, on the other hand, has a bull's eye on him!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 5:00pm
Maybe, but look how much he's hated by the Razzie members here.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 5:39pm
Well, at least Razzie members don't want to kill him, unlike the other sites...well, you did want him to die in TDTESS, but that's different than wanting to kill him, I suppose.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 6:21pm
Yeah, that was because of his character being annoying throughout that movie. People online want him dead in real life because he is where he is today only because of who his daddy is.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 6:46pm
I'm sure one of the easiest ways to get ahead in Hollywood is to have connections with somebody, either a friend, or a father, or a relative. Jaden isn't the only star who got to go to fame with his father's help. Some others include Angelina Jolie, Micheal Douglas, Drew Barrymore, Bindi Irwin Gwyneth Palthrow, Kate Hudson, Beau Bridges, Jeff Bridges, Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen, Tori Spelling, Carrie Fischer, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jake Gyllenhal, Josh Brolin, etc. (I got the list of names from another post)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 7:42pm
The thing is, all those other actors took years, if not decades, to become famous or step out of their famous parents' shadows. Jaden, however, seems to have leaped into fame on the first try and in the eyes of many, is ruining many a childhood memory by starring in remakes like 'TDTESS" and now "Karate Kid".
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 8:04pm
In another forum is a subforum for The A-Team [remake]. Is HeadRAZZBerry just late on moving that one up to official contender, or has he reconsidered on naming it a contender?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 8:26pm
From what I heard, "A-Team" is a mindlessly campy action movie. But I have a feeling "The Expandables" will be convsidered much worse for just being mindless.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>