Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Twilight Saga: Rest in Peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Twilight Saga: Rest in Peace
    Posted: May 16 2013 at 4:50am
I am surprised no one on the forum has really talked about the end of the Twilight Saga. Well let me be the first to sing:   

DING DONG THE TWILIGHT FILMS ARE DEAD!!!

Now I shall give a short review of the series as a whole and then I will reveal a new idea I have to celebrate the end of a series that made the movie going public seem like over zealous fans of horrible writing and Acting.

Despite how much we hate this series, we all know how big and "successful" it has been. Not only has some Twi Hard invaded the forum to tell us the series has made over 3$ Billion Dollars, but E! News would talk about how much money it was making EVERYDAY (EYES ROLL). But I think we all know that there are a lot of fans that went to go see the movies 20 to 30 times each. SO it's not like 3 billion individual tickets have been sold, a lot of those tickets were sold to mostly girls who have seen the films over and over again.

Also, there is something I want to put to rest because I've seen this assumption and statement not only on the forum but other websites and shows. The statement was "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 was the best of the Twilight films". Why??? Because of one CGI filled fight scene with Vampires, Werewolves and Bella... OH MY! I sat through the ENTIRE Breaking Dawn Part 2 film (my Brother was somewhat of a Twi Hard). I can tell you guys it was just as bad as the other films that came before it. Two things stand out to me about this movie. The "Twist ending"... seemed like a last thing they did in post Production. It was very random, out of nowhere and stupid. And the 2nd thing is the weird relationship Jacob (Taylor Lautner)and Bella's Daughter (Mackenzie Foy). I know a lot of people on the Forum thought "That's my Boy" or "A Thousand Words" should've won Worst Picture. But the fact of the matter is... it was about time for this series to die with 7 BIG FAT RASPBERRIES

I shall close this topic with the big idea I mentioned earlier. My idea is to never ever mention this Series on the forum ever again. We all should try to forget about sparkly vampires, a boring plain girl and inappropriate relationships between little girls and grown up Werewolves. Please let me know your thoughts down below. May the Twilight Saga rest in peace
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 5:07am
Hey, I'm all for forgetting it!  

And I still say that Battleship was the worst movie of 2012.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 5:10am
Battleship would be a 2nd place runner-up for me. It's just Transformers with aliens on a boat!  

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 1:19pm
I say the opposite... Rest In WAR! I wish upon the franchise a tumultuous and turbulent afterlife filled with fear and worry!

Anyways, I almost forgot to list the Bottom 40 Films of 2012, so I figured I'd do so here for reasons you'll understand after reading them off.

#40 The Watch
#39 John Carter
#38 The Expendables 2
#37 Lockout
#36 The Possession
#35 Madonna's W./E.
#34 Joyful Noise
#33 The Raven
#32 Last Ounce of Courage
#31 Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
#30 Man on a Ledge
#29 Underworld: Awakening
#28 Taken 2
#27 Parental Guidance
#26 Gone
#25 The Cold Light of Day
#24 House at the End of the Street
#23 The Apparition
#22 Silent Hill: Revelation 3D
#21 The Devil Inside
#20 The Guilt Trip
#19 Seeking Justice
#18 Tyler Perry's Good Deeds
#17 Total Recall [remake]
#16 Resident Evil: Retribution
#15 Madea's Witness Protection 
#14 What to Expect When You're Expecting
#13 Wrath of the Titans
#12 Piranha 3DD
#11 Atlas Shrugged Part II
#10 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
#9 Red Dawn [remake]
#8 Alex Cross
#7 Playing For Keeps
#6 One For the Money
#5 A Thousand Words
#4 That's My Boy
#3 The Oogieloves in the BIG Balloon Adventure
#2 Battleship
#1 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 1:27pm
Really? This from Mr. "It's only in the 40s on Rotten Tomatoes, so its not that bad for the Razzies?"

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by oiram

Really? This from Mr. "It's only in the 40s on Rotten Tomatoes, so its not that bad for the Razzies?"

Well, Breaking Dawn Part 2 got the title of #1 worst film of 2012 on a matter of principle. All that hype, all that revenue, and all that media interest, but no staying power. Unlike Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, which people will remember for decades and possibly centuries to come, the Twilight Saga will be forgotten by 2020, if not 2016. Plus Kristen Stewart needed to be spited/spote/spitten. Those factors, on top of sweeping the 2012 RAZZIES (even if it was because this was the last call to do it to a Twilight film), automatically earned it the bottom spot on my list.

As for John Carter and The Expendables 2, those are on the shallow end of the Bottom 40 for different reasons. It was down to those two, The Three Stooges, Darling Companion, A Little Bit of Heaven, and Snow White and the Huntsman. A Little Bit of Heaven and Darling Companion were ruled out first because they were so small-name, got limited releases, and far too few people saw them to bring them to the RAZZIE recommendation ballots. The rest of the four got less negative than mixed or positive reviews on Metacritic, so two of them had to be ruled out. The Three Stooges and Snow White and the Huntsman got more positive than mixed reviews, so they were ruled out next. John Carter got mostly mixed reviews, and on top of the Box Office Bomb factor being so bad that it bordered on domestic terrorism, I handpicked it for #39. And The Expendables 2 was handpicked on the grounds that 2/3 of the critics who gave it a positive review didn't truly think it was good or enjoy it for the right reasons. The other 1/3 might've thought it was a really good film, but the 2/3 in question thought it was so bad it was good. On top of that, the predecessor was #40 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2010, so handpicking the sequel on those terms became the obvious move.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 5:55pm
GTAHater, there's a vacant spot on your dozen Worst Picture signature. Any idea what could fill the spot?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 6:08pm
MovieCritic, you answered your own question. We haven't talked about the TWILIGHT saga because we feel they should be forgotten. And they most likely will be.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 1:19pm
UPDATE: As much as I hate Breaking Dawn part 2, the worst reviewed film of 2012 is "A Thousand Words" with a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. I haven't seen the film, but a big hint of how bad it is: I didn't laugh once at the trailer. Oh dear
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 5:58pm
I'm going to tell you right now, be prepared for a HUGE mood whiplash.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 6:40pm
What are you talking about???
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 8:47pm
He's probably going to write a major rant regarding your previous comments and will probably mention about why Battlesh*t was much worse than A Thousand Words.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 3:37am
No, I mean, in A Thousand Words does something that makes you completely disrespect the movie. Watch it, and you'll see what I mean.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:00am
I'm not sure if I want to watch "A Thousand Words". Granted, I didn't cringe and try go to a safe place while watching the trailer (Oggiloves ) but to me the film seems very dated with a really RIDICULOUS CONCEPT. Who's idea was to have Eddie Murphy be quiet in a movie??? However, I did see a clip of Eddie murphy shirtless in A Thousand Words so I might watch it because of that scene lol
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:15am
Um, is there something you're not telling us? I mean, nothing to be ashamed of, but I'm just wondering.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I'm not sure if I want to watch "A Thousand Words". Granted, I didn't cringe and try go to a safe place while watching the trailer (Oggiloves ) but to me the film seems very dated with a really RIDICULOUS CONCEPT. Who's idea was to have Eddie Murphy be quiet in a movie??? However, I did see a clip of Eddie murphy shirtless in A Thousand Words so I might watch it because of that scene lol

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:19am
For all those people who are wondering, I am Bisexual. I hope that's not a problem for anyone. I am proud of who I am, and could not care less what other people think or say...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>