Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf
    Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Only because they made $100 million, although their budgets were half that. However, their BO takes went lower and lower with each movie. Still, you can't tell me they have an ounce of talent between them, or that their movies are funny -- even by accident.
I never said they're movies were hits.They weren't.But they weren't boms either.They all grossed twice their budget.And I do think they were accidents.
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

And on a slightly different note, Gee-Wiz and Vits, lets keep the posting of early reviews to a minimum. There's going to be well over a hundred reviewers (maybe 200) in the next couple of days for this film, so it really is pointless to be discussing whether or not a movie will be good from the first dozen or so. (GI Joe anyone?)
The only reason I mentioned them is because those comments were said by others in other forums,and I thought you all wanted to know.Anyway I have no problem with stop doing it.

After all,right before they were released,HOT TUB TIME MACHINE and MACGRUBER had 100%.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 12:18pm
But it is rather pointless to point out the few dozen good reviews when there will be hundreds in total still to come. It's just to wait until a Saturday to lay claim to if critics like it or not, instead of jumping the gun and pointing out early reviews for mid-week showings. It goes to show Gee-Wiz just really wants people to think the movie is good. 

Originally posted by Vits

The only reason I mentioned them is because those comments were said by others in other forums,and I thought you all wanted to know.Anyway I have no problem with stop doing it.

After all,right before they were released,HOT TUB TIME MACHINE and MACGRUBER had 100%.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:41pm
The top critics seem to be enjoying this film more. Still, more than half the critics liked the film. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:44pm
Dude, give it a few more days, and wait for the floodgates to open. A few "top" critics don't matter. The overall opinion of 200+ does. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 2:05pm
Hey, funny thing is, it's getting good reviews now. Duh-what?
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 2:31pm
I can already picture Miguel pulling his hair out over that.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 4:55pm
I hope the positive reviews don't last. I'll be goshdarned if Twilight ever beats Harry Potter in the next year and a half!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:11pm
Last time you said Top Critics did matter but now you say they don't matter. I see you're using selective ratings to make yourself sound right. This film has an even higher rating on Metacritic. 

RESPONSE from head RAZZberry: FYI, MWG - Almost every movie has a "higher rating on MetaCritic," that's part of why we recently began including lynx to their pages on current releases as well as lynx for RT -- for balance. Also, the current "rating" for TWITTY SAGA: EEK! LIPS! over a MC reads "mixed or average reviews" (LINK) -- hardly the ringing endorsement of the film your multiple postings so excitedly imply...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:50pm
I never said top critics matter, I said what the sum of the critics added up mattered. Well, we won't know for sure what the critic's final say is until Friday or Saturday. By then, Miguel will either be jumping for joy or hitting his head against a wall.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 8:35pm
This is getting good reviews? 

Maybe you'd better read Roger Ebert's review. It's priceless! 

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:36pm
How long until Ebert writes a review for Eclipse? (That one's for New Moon) Will it be even more priceless?
DarkPhoenixSaga View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DarkPhoenixSaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:50pm
Are you kidding me? A Dragonball sequel after the critics and true Dragonball fans of the anime responded with hatred for the first movie, they've got the nerve to make a sequel?!?!? Angry 

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Not to mention there will be a "Dragonball" sequel. Good Lord, I hate Hollywood!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:58pm
Your anger at Hollywood shows clearly. And if they're making a sequel to Dragonball: Evolution, I have a question: Is Hollywood high, or just incredibly stupid?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 7:01am
Didn't Ebert gave New Moon a "1/2 star" rating? So, technically, Eclipse is 4 times better than New Moon!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You, MWG -- Did you actually read Ebert's review? Here's a LINK to do so. It's hardly a "rave," and mercilessly mocks the film's premise, its characters and its breathlessly enthusiastic fanbase -- of whom MovieWizeGuy apparently is one... 
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 8:48am
With a little over 100 reviews in (actually 101) this is at a 50% at RT. I think there is one more negative than positive. My guess is that it is going to stay right there. As HeadRazz noted, that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, but it is just about what should have expected. Once again, I don't think most of us would care much for this, but it probably isn't bad enough to take into our hearts...not with junk like Johnas Hex, Grownups, The Expendable et al out there.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:31am
Before Eclipse came out, I considered it overhyped.  Now that the critics have their say, I consider it overrated.  According to news reports, Eclipse is not expected to overtake any of New Moon's records.  If it fails to make a colossal amount of money this weekend, then the hunt for the Worst Movie of 2010 will continue.  I still think it has a shot at Worst Screen Couple, Worst Screenplay and Worst Actor, but for now, it has fallen out of the race for Worst Picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>