Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf
    Posted: June 24 2010 at 1:31pm
HOW the THREE MOPEY/DOPEY STARS of THIS FRANCHISE HAVE MANAGED to MAKE IT to THEIR THIRD MOVIE WITHOUT "WINNING" a SINGLE RAZZIE® YET IS a MYSTERY for the AGES. BUT THIS LATEST TWITTER-PATED ENTRY, SURE to SEND 11-15 YEAR-OLD GIRLS into FURTHER TWITCHING SPASMS of PRE-PUBESCENT PLEASURE, COULD FINALLY DO the TRICK. 

WITH REMEMBER ME ALREADY to HIS (DIS) CREDIT for 2010, ROBERT PATTINSON as the WORLD's SUCKIEST ALBINO VAMPIRE WAS ALL BUT ASSURED a WORST ACTOR NOD. BUT SINCE PROGRESSIVELY SHOWING MORE MUSCLE TONE IS HIS ONLY "CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT," TAYLOR LAUTNER CAN'T BE RULED OUT, EITHER. AND AS the SIMPIEST, WIMPIEST FEMALE PROTAGONIST on SCREEN TODAY, KRISTEN STEWART MAY BE MEGAN FOX 's ONLY SERIOUS COMPETITION for WORST ACTRESS of 2010. AND, LEST WE FORGET, IT'S ALSO ELIGIBLE as WORST PREQUEL/REMAKE/RIP-OFF or SEQUEL, as WELL as WORST PICTURE, WORST SCREENPLAY, WORST SCREEN COUPLE -- WE COULD KEEP GOING 'TILL the WEREWOLVES COME HOME! 

BUT NOW IT's YOUR TURN to GO ON-and-ON ABOUT TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, ONE of SUMMER 2010's FEW SUREFIRE BOX OFFICE HITS, and ONE THAT's ALSO LIKELY to TAKE a HIT or TWO (OR TEN??) COME RAZZIE® NOMINATIONS MORNING, JANUARY 24, 2011... 

LAUTNER: "So, which of us do you think is gonna 'win' 
                         for this one?"  

STEWART: "Well, I bet we all get nominated at least once..."

PATTINSON: "And you know what they say -- it's an honor 
just...oh, wait --Were you talking about RAZZIE® nominations??"  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 1:58pm
I want this to "win" exactly 1 RAZZIE. Any category will do. Who knows where I'll put it on my Bottom 40 (?) of 2010? I won't know until January of 2011.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 4:35pm
Taylor Lautner is overdue for a Razzie nomination. I thought Pattinson was actually decent in New Moon, so his nomination for that still baffles me. Lautner, however... that kid is absolutely terrible! Hopefully he'll get a Worst Actor nod for this and Valentine's Day (a movie I kind of enjoyed, guiltily. But Lautner was still terrible, as usual).
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 4:44pm
And countdown until Miguel starts ranting on about how this movie is THEE worst of the year and how it is the Razzies Awards' DUTY to give it as many awards as possible starts in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 11:17pm
Since some of you are tired of hearing me constantly complain about this movie, I'll make this as calm as possible.  This film may end up like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen --  It'll make a lot of money, and get a lot of Razzies.  However, this film won't enter the Razzie race unchallenged.  

Other terrible films like Killers, Grown-Ups, The Bounty Hunter, The Spy Next Door, Jonah Hex, Vampires Suck, Furry Vengeance, Marmaduke, Sex and the City 2, etc. will stand in its way.  

The way I see it, Twilight: Eclipse is only favored in two categories (Worst Screen Couple and Worst Screenplay), but I would like to see it "win" more because the franchise needs to be punished for winning thirty-some popular awards over superior films, and killing American culture as a result.  It should "win" more Razzies if it makes more money than Inception.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 11:13am
Ah, there goes Miguel, making everything sound bigger than it really is. No, this movie will not break any records that "Trannies 2" made last year. At the most, it will make $300 million (that's including worldwide) and it will be up for a few nods, but won't win anything because there are movies much worse than it out.

In a nutshell, the top five movies that will take up the load of the nods (and Worst Picture) will mostly likely be "Johan Hex" (stars Megan Fox and was a BO bomb), "Killers" (bad reviews, rip-off of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith", stars repeat Razzie offenders), "Expandables" (features an all-star cast of repeat Razzie offenders), "Grown-Ups" (RT rating is in the single digits, features an all-star cast of repeat Razzie offenders), and "Vampires Suck" (one word: Seltzerberg, 'nuff said).
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 11:44am
And yet women think this series is the single greatest thing to come to the movies since the invention of the rom/com. Go figure!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 7:56pm
Is GROWN-UPS worse than THE BOUNTY HUNTER?
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 9:41pm
Well, both Grown-Ups and Bounty Hunter had RT ratings in the single digits, but the sheer mass of Razzie offenders in "Grown-Ups" is what makes it more appealing to Razzie voters like me.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2010 at 2:18pm
When I saw the 1st trailer for this, it was the worst I'd ever seen -- All it showed was BELLA wondering who she'll choose, instead of telling us what the plot was going to be.

When I saw the new trailer in the MTV Movie Awards, they actually showed the plot, but I didn't care, because it had the most ridiculous dialogue I've heard in a long time.

And Pattinson is supporting? Maybe he'll get 2 nominations, one for each movie. That would be a dream come truth for Miguel

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I understand it, Pattinson's Edward character returns to major status in this third film -- unlike the second, in which he disappeared for more than half the film and was this nominated last year as Worst Supporting Actor... 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2010 at 2:23pm
Actually, I think Miguel's dream come true would be if both parts of "Breaking Dawn" broke the most "wins" record of "I Know Who Killed Me", but I doubt that will happen.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 1:55pm
Razzie track records don't always determine who "wins" and who doesn't.  One or more of those five could get left out when the nominations are announced.  Also, you know as well as I do that thousands of moviegoers are annoyed by this steaming pile of a franchise, and many of them think Razzie Awards would suit perfectly.  

Finally, if you look at the trailer, you can see that this movie is asking for Razzies with its whispers and long pauses and bad CGI and male shirtlessness.  How can anything be worse than this?  Furthermore, how can anyone think this will be any good?  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 2:26pm
Um, because as bad as this movie might be, there are much worse movies out there. "Killers" and "Grown-Ups" with one digit RT ratings, "Johan Hex" bombing and being the unofficial sequel to "Wild, Wild West", "Vampires Suck" has yet to be released, and of course "Expandables", the siren song calling out to us. That and there's still like a half-dozen 80s remakes and sequels to go through. In other words, "Twilight" movies just get lost in the crowd. Sure, maybe they MAY get a worst acting nomination here ot there, but they aren't going to sweep any major catagories. Oh, and the 670 voting members might not make up a big enough amount of those thousands of haters you mentioned.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 7:51pm
It's no mystery why these movies haven't "won" Razzies yet --  Hollywood simply manages to produce tons of crap far worse than the Twilight films.  Trannies 2 had its own form of stench, along with some other films of 2009 I think should have received more nominations (Miss March, Draggin Balls Evolution, & Street Fighter Chun Li had a combined 1 nomination)  How those films avoided nods (except for Hefner's March role) is, to me, more of a mystery for the ages.  And Seltzerberg didn't have a film in 09. 

Another mystery: how Hollywood is able to produce so much "worse than Twilight" grade crap.  Well, you can put in perennial Razzie contenders, make a lot of unnecessary remakes, make action-packed but minimal plot/story films, and simply not care about film quality. 

Twilight will also have opportunities in 2011 and 2012 with Radiant Dawn (split in two parts), but there may still be enough crap to out-stink those, as well.  Among those is Keanu Bebop.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 8:43pm

Radiant Dawn is the 10th Fire Emblem game.

On topic, I hope each half of Breaking Dawn receives exactly 1 nomination. After those 2 movies get released, the Twilight series will be all but forgotten, except for their status as RAZZIE classics.

Oh, and Burn, is it Expandables or Expendables?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 9:44pm
The biggest mystery of all is how "Love Guru" won the most Razzies in the same year as three Uwe Boll movies and two Seltzerberg movies! As for "Keanu Bebop", ewww, don't remind me. Not to mention there will be a "Dragonball" sequel. Good Lord, I hate Hollywood!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>