Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Vampire Albino Clown vs The Shirtless Werewolf
    Posted: February 18 2011 at 8:57am
The first trailer is not so good even my friends said that this is the one of the worst film in the world.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 8:58am
I like the movie and like the every part of the role played by Robert.
theonlydevice007 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote theonlydevice007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 8:09am
Thanks for sharing imdb & links , I love this movie series!  
Jenneez View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jenneez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 8:19pm
This movie should certainly get a Razzie 1. This is one of the best Vampire movies of all time. Enough said!
Jenneez View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jenneez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 8:21pm
This is one of the best Vampire Love stories of all time. I simply well writtin movie. That is just my opinion, this one should certainly get RazzieD!
robbie bugg View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote robbie bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 3:10am
Yes,you are right...  

moviecritic123 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 9:55pm
I'm sorry, but I can't hate on the Twilight saga. Don't you get it, it's hilarious. "It's like a big-budget B-movie and not everyone is in on the joke"-Obsurus Lupa.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by moviecritic123

I'm sorry, but I can't hate on the Twilight saga. Don't you get it, it's hilarious. "It's like a big-budget B-movie and not everyone is in on the joke"-Obsurus Lupa.
Sadly, I don't think anyone is in on the joke, especially the fans and the media who treat this series like it's the most important movies you will ever see.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2011 at 8:55am
This movie was included here:
Any thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Guys... are we really defending Twilight? First of all I thought we all agreed last year never to mention those movies ever again?  

Also... all five Twilight movies are awful in their own special ways. For some reason, everybody wants to defend the last two for no reason. Breaking Dawn Part 2 had a CGI fight that was completely over the top... SO WHAT? In the end, it meant absolutely NOTHING. As for Eclipse, it was still really boring with awful acting and dialog to sit through. There is nothing to defend when it comes to that "Saga".

I wouldn't say I was exactly defending Twilight 3, but it should not have beaten Killers and Jonah Hex, or a bunch of other horrible films that the RAZZIES snubbed. What I want to know is why HeadRAZZ personally selected Eclipse over films like Jonah Hex to compete with The Last Airbenderfor everything. My emphasis is not exactly on Eclipse, but moreso on the dozens of films that deserved a nomination moreso, but didn't get any. I know the RAZZIES were starved for publicity, I know that everybody knew Twilight's name, and I know nothing stood a chance against The Last Airbender, but blast it! There were even more films that deserved nominations than in 2009, according to one poster who's since missing in action! And people say we can't RAZZ everything, but stupid moves like picking Eclipse for the co-frontrunner with the mega-front-runner The Last Airbender are the biggest part of the problem. I finally decided to sign up for a voting membership with the Worst of 2011 RAZZIES when I realized that my vote could perhaps guide far worse films to the finals. In 2012, I ended up throwing my vote for Worst Picture away on A Thousand Words. I was a fool to think Eddie Murphy could ever win Worst Picture, even if he DID win Worst Actor of the Decade of the 00-Agents!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 2:18pm
I don't usually like to double-post, but I admit I was somewhat wrong for turning the 1998 Nominations and Winners thread into an argument about Twilight Saga: Eclipse, when I should've brought it to the relevant thread where it belongs.

Originally posted by Vits

Oh, for the love of God! GTA, if you're gonna flood the threads, at least write your opinions. That's what I've been trying to tell you. This is a forum of opinions. We want to know each other's opinions on movies. Not that I don't appriciate your data recollection, but it's not like we can't look it up for ourselves.

All of  your questions have one simple answer: Each voter uses their own criteria. They don't base their decisions on what critics think.

If I'm really stepping out of line, then hopefully stating my honest opinion based on what little memory I have of the films can ease the tension. In terms of production quality, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse wasn't good, but Jonah Hex and Killers made it look tame. In terms of principle, there was the ubiquity, the "Worst film everyone saw" *FN1 *FN2 factor, and the "Team Edward vs Team Jacob" crowd debates that automatically got it tied with The Nutcracker 3D for a deep position on the Bottom 40 Films of '010, which would've been otherwise ill-earned amidst the rest of the Bottom 40. And if you want to know the 7 (so far) principles as to how I brought myself to name The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 the #1 Worst Film of '012, they're in that thread.

*Footnote 1: When I say "Worst Film Everyone Saw" and "Best Film No-One Saw", they're superlatives for critical failure combined with commercial success, and commercial failure combined with critical success respectively. Often times, it's hard for me to accept the fact that people generally pay to see bad films, and that many great films go mostly unseen. And if there were categories for any award show, be it for films ("Best Film No-One Saw"), or for books ("Best Book No-One Read"), or for music ("Best Album No-One Heard"), or for video games ("Best Game No-One Played"), they'd be to recognize the best or worst works that underpassed a certain fairly-low boundary or exceeded a certain high threshold respectively.

Footnote 2: I mentioned this before, but I noticed a trend. Most of the Worst Picture finalists from 2000 to 2004 were infamous box office bombs that got unanimously bad films from critics. Most of the Worst Picture finalists from 2009 to 2012 were giant box office hits that got generally bad reviews like the Transformers and Twilight films, but not as heavily panned as Battlefield Earth, Glitter, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, Gigli, or Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2. Most of them from 2005 to 2008 were somewhere in the middle between those two extremes.

Starved for attention? Really? This has nothing to do with attention. I'm sorry you saw Killers, Jonah Hex, One For The Money and A Thousand Words. But nobody else did! How can we give an award to something nobody even bothered seeing? 

Also Twilight needed those nominations and eventual wins because we were sick of those movies. They were almost inescapable. Those movies you mentioned were pretty much under the radar. That's My Boy did win two Razzies, that's not enough? The Razzies are not about attention, they're about awarding the worst in movies. And that's what we've been doing for a very long time. Have there been worse movies than the one's we've given awards too? Sure, but it's not like the Twilight Saga are a goo series. Where the hell is the issue?

To moviecritic1994: What's the issue, indeed? I do have another hypothesis. When I saw that The Twilight Saga: Eclipse had been nominated for Worst Picture, I had a... different reaction... to the Worst of 2006, 2007, and 2008 Worst Picture finalists. All 16 of those were hideously bad, but it felt like while Twilight: Eclipse wasn't good, it didn't exactly fit in with The Wicker Man [remake], BloodRayne, Daddy Day Camp, Bratz: The Movie, Norbit, The Happening, Meet the Spartans, The Hottie & the Nottie, or In The Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. It's possible I was overwhelmed with disappointment beyond which I could get over in an ordinate time interval when I wanted Killersand Jonah Hex to get nominated.

EDIT: I had heard once that HeadRAZZ slathered the recommendations ballot with Twilight 3 to drum up attention and publicity for the RAZZIES, but I heard it in passing, I don't remember who said it, and now I don't know why I believed it. I thought he might've needed the attention really badly because I'd also heard people saying that the Worst of 2010 RAZZIE nominations were... downhill... compared to the preceding 10 years. But at least the Worst of 2011 and Worst of 2013RAZZIES were a lot better!

The Razzie Nominations for 2010 were still great. The Bounty Hunter, The Last Airbender, Twilight Eclipse and Vampires Suck truly were the Worst of that year (I haven't seen Sex and The City 2 but I'm sure it's awful too). We didn't stray or anything like that. We did our job didn't we?  

The RAZZIES did their job. A little. I could come up with much better nominations than what the voters picked.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 11:55pm
I would have nominated Saw 3D as a default series recognition award (and for being the worst of the series, no less.) Or what about Little Fockers?!?! Did no one think to nominate Paul Weitz for Worst Director instead of David Slade for Twilight: Eclipse or Sylvester Stallone for the 1st, and in my opinion still the best Expendables movie?!!?!

I actually genuinely like Eclipse and would argue if you COMPLETELY IGNORE all the other movies it works fine on its own as a nice, solid, fantasy/romance teen movie.

Here are 3 reasons why:

The Tent scene w/ Jacob and Edward. I thought it was funny how they teased a bromance just so all the fangirls would inevitably go nuts. Its one of the only moments from the series that is the least bit clever, and I was and remain grateful for it.

JASPER'S f**kING BACKSTORY: This is going to be a hard one to sell because it was pretty generic, but seriously at least they gave him some character development, compared to basically all the other supporting characters, which was, oh wait let me think........none whatsoever.

The action scene at the end: sometimes, less is more as was definitely the case w/ this action scene vs. the one in the last movie. Think about it, which would you rather have, a over-the-top and ridiculous action scene at the end of a boring-ass movie or as competently executed and entertaining one at the end of what was in my personal opinion a slightly better-than-average B-movie. I give the movie a B+ overall. I wasn't great, but it knew what it was and I had a good time w/ it. It was definitely better than what.....came...........next.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 6:13pm
1) That movie was all over the ballots.
2) JACOB: "Let's face it: I'm hotter than you".
LOL

Originally posted by JacobD

what about Little Fockers?!?! Did no one think to nominate Paul Weitz for Worst Director instead of David Slade for Twilight: Eclipse or Sylvester Stallone for the 1st, and in my opinion still the best Expendables movie?!!?!

The Tent scene w/ Jacob and Edward. I thought it was funny how they teased a bromance just so all the fangirls would inevitably go nuts. Its one of the only moments from the series that is the least bit clever, and I was and remain grateful for it.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567