Forum Home Forum Home > MOVIES & DVDs of the WEEK > Worst Movie of the Week
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Wicker Man (take 2)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Wicker Man (take 2)
    Posted: August 31 2006 at 10:29am

No critics' screenigs for what sounds like the worst Idea for a Hollywood remake ever(in the words of an article I read today: "Nicolas Cage playing a virgin??"), Neil LaBute's The Wicker Man. Over here, it's being released tomorrow, so at this time there are still no reviews available, but to me this looks like it may be a Razzie contender...

Personally, I think everyone involved in this remake should be tied inside a wicker man and burned alive as a punishment.

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 1:24am

It's far too early to judge, yet (there are only 7 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, as I am writing this, with 2 positive and 5 negative, with an average rating of 2.6), but I did find this review on Rotten Tomatoes, that calls this Wicker Man remake "the kind of film for which Golden Raspberries were invented"...

I have not seen it yet, but my guess is this movie might be judged "acceptable" by someone who has never seen the original, so maybe not deserving of Razzie attention after all(for my part, I would rather it deserved punishment as a stand-alone movie as well, rather than just as a remake. That way, all involved in the making of this film could get what they deserve and maybe Hollywood will think twice about giving cult classics the blockbuster treatment!). Has anyone in this forum seen it yet? 

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
 Post Reply Post Reply