Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Member Discussions & Polls > THE HOST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Think of It as "ENJOY ALL MONSTERS!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Think of It as "ENJOY ALL MONSTERS!"
    Posted: March 05 2007 at 6:52am

WE DON'T OFTEN DEVOTE FORUM SPACE to MOVIES WE ACTUALLY EXPECT to LIKE...BUT THE HOST HAS ALL the EARMARKS of BEING a GREAT, SURPRISE MONSTER HIT, FULL of DELIBERATE LAUGHS, EMOTIONAL PAY-OFFS and a CREATURE THAT MAY ACTUALLY BE SCARY. IN OTHER WORDS, the ONE GOOD MONSTER MOVIE of 2007.

FEEL FREE to DISCUSS, AGREE, DISAGREE, WHATEVER BELOW...

"Look...Godzilla! Only this time, he's actually SCARY!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 9:33am
I saw The Trailer thought it looked like good old fashion B-Rated Monster Fest even though it's dopey it's fun.
moonjo View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 5:14am
I watched it a while ago. Maybe my expectations were too high due to all the hype, but it was pretty bad. I think a lot of people will be disappointed.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 7:15am
This was great! For some reason, they're remaking it.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 9:49am

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

This was great! For some reason, they're remaking it.

I bet it's an English version.  I wondered how long it would be before they made an English version of this.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 12:09pm
I had a very high expectation for this and I was disappointed, all right. Too much character developement and little monster attacks, especially thinking this would be like War of the Worlds.
gloriashern2 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote gloriashern2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 4:15am
A friend of mine created a new blog on Korean movies. Here is a LINK: http://only-your-movies.blogspot.com/
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 7:09pm
Oh no, not too much character development! Heaven forbid we know anything about the characters so that when they die or are suffering we actually CARE about them! No, they should all be 1-D like horror movie characters, so that when they all die after spending all their screentime getting drunk, stoned, or laid, we don't give a s*** about them either way!  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I had a very high expectation for this and I was disappointed, all right. Too much character developement and little monster attacks, especially thinking this would be like War of the Worlds.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2010 at 4:32pm
Wow. That was uncalled for. You realize that comment was made a couple of years ago? I actually liked the film. Gave it a 8/10. I liked the developed characters a lot. I was just taken aback at how much it focused on the characters when the previews made it look like a straight out monster movie. That's the reason why I was "disappointed" back then.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2010 at 5:49pm
Sorry, but it's comments like "there's too much character development" that cause us to have the sh*tty movies that we have today, where everything is just CGI and other tricks to take our minds off the fact that the movie as a whole is as thin as tissue paper...
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply