Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Think of It as WAL-MART, THE MOVIE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Think of It as WAL-MART, THE MOVIE...
    Posted: October 03 2006 at 2:30am

WORD-of-MOUTH ON THIS ONE WAS ANYTHING BUT KIND. STARRING COLLEGE COMEDY CIRCUIT SENSATION DANE COOK, IT WAS LABELED "RELENTLESSLY UNFUNNY" by CRITICS. BUT the NASTIEST REVIEWS WERE for the FILM'S LIKELIEST RAZZIE TARGET, JESSICA SIMPSON, WHOSE PERFORMANCE WAS CALLED "LIKE CARDBOARD."  SOUNDS LIKE A CONTENDER TO US...BUT FEEL FREE to LET US KNOW  YOUR  OPINIONS BELOW...

Jessica: "How come it makes all those little bleeping noises when I drag stuff across the glass?!?!?!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 7:19pm
This is the most unrealistic casting job since Tara Reid as a scientist. Dude come on, Jessica Simpson actually working for a living?
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 8:20am

Don't worry RAZZ...I don't think you will get an argument from me or Deadguy76 on this movie.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
warlorde View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote warlorde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 6:51am

Looks like a winner to me...a Razzie winner.

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 4:43pm
Definitely a Razzie contender, since Jessica already got a Razzie nom last year, it'll be pretty good seeing her getting a Razzie nom. And, most importantly, neither this film nor TCM-TB could beat the other film THE DEPARTED at the weekend box office.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 4:12pm

Well, a second straight Razzie nom for Jessica, this time, she gets a Worst Actress, and I don't really think it features Jessica in those short shorts (I call them Daisy Dukes 'cause they almost look like the short shorts Daisy Duke wears).

Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke in Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dukes of Hazzard

And now she goes from that to like working at something like a Wal-Mart store, except for the name of the store in this movie is called Super Club and NOT Wal-Mart.

Jessica Simpson in Lionsgate Films' Employee of the Month

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 5:43am
Further proof that Wal-Mart is subliminally attempting to subjugate the entire world to its will and rule it with an iron Roll Back fist.  Truthfully the 3rd season Monk episode centering around a Wal-Mart-esque store had much more entertainment than this (given that Monk is one of TV's best written shows and this is a horridly written film, that's no surprise whatsoever) 
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 6:58am
If Jessica Simpson wasn't in this, I don't think we would have talked about it.
It is actually not that bad when she is offscreen, and Dane Cook is amusing.
It's just one of these many comedies that fall in between the good and the
bad and will be forgotten.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 4:13pm
With those Roll Back prices coming in, Wal-Mart ist just dominating the world. Poeple are only going to Wal-Mart more because of those Roll Back prices, or the low prices.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 6:54am
Dukes made over $80 Million at the U.S. Box Office last year, but this film only $28 Million. I'd say this did bomb at the Box Office, but I expected it to make less than $30 Million for sure...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 4:15pm
Of course, for sure, there is a fine line difference between the Wal-Mart stores and the Box Office. I don't know what it is, that's only if we can be able to find that difference.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 5:15pm
I think that people just have some certain reasons why Wal-Mart is just dominating the world.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 7:07am
I know Jessica Simpson had to gain weight on muscle for her role as Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard. They made her dump from eating steaks, which is what she likes a lot.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 4:41pm
Do you remember the TV series The Simple Life, with Nicole Richie and 2005 Worst Supporting Actress Razzie winner Paris Hilton having to work? Now, this film has Jessica working in a store -- not Wal-Mart, but close to it. What's next? A movie with Ashlee Simpson working in a fast-food restaurant? If that does happen, it could be pretty hilarious!  
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 1:59am
Dude, if they made a movie with all that in there, it would be a Razzie contender for sure! I don't even wanna imagine that!
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 2:55am
Anyone heard of Jessica's latest movie? It's called Blonde Ambition, with Rachael Leigh Cook, Luke Wilson, and Andy Dick. It's in post-production right now, but I think it's gonna be pretty bad for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>