Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > BRATZ: THE MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Think SPICE WORLD w/Product Plugs!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Think SPICE WORLD w/Product Plugs!
    Posted: July 25 2007 at 6:59am

IF BARBIE DROPPED ACID, THEN REMADE SPICE WORLD, THIS MIGHT BE WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE...and DON'T EVEN TRY to DEFEND IT as BEING AIMED at CHILDREN: EVEN the NOT-YET-BORN DESERVE SOMETHING BETTER to LOOK at THAN THIS! 

"And the RAZZIE® for Worst Costume Design goes to..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 9:23am

If Barbie remade Spice World, it still wouldn't be as bad as this.  Bratz, unlike Barbie dolls, are basically promoting the image of wh***s (or Wh**z) with their skimpy clothes (what little there are) and heavy makeup.  Also, I heard that some of these Bratz Babyz dolls (little versions of the regular dolls) were wearing thongs!

I don't think this movie is any different from the dolls.  I can see really short miniskirts in my mind, but no undergarments.  Oh, and plenty of skimpy clothing.  A movie that hopes to turn all of our young daughters into Paris Hiltons.

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 3:07pm

SGT. ROSCOE BROOM:  Kopek, on the double, they're all under arrest for this!  

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 5:49pm

I think the Bratz Movie looks like cross between "Mean Girls" and "Clueless"...

Response from Head RAZZberry: If you mean a literally CLUELESS remake/rip-off of MEAN GIRLS, I'd have to agree with you there...

ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 7:44am

Ahhhhh...FINALLY! A discussion thread for this potential piece of crap.

I am particularly anti-Bratz, and the news that this junker was coming to theaters nearly made me puke, and seeing the trailer while out at the movies on Friday night made me go "Oh, no...no, no, NO!"

Sadly, this movie seems to also be keeping alive the stereotype that all preteen/teen girls are fashion-obsessed airheads. Why can't the people who come up with this crap think of something more original? How about less of these - as the Pink song refers to them - "stupid girls" and more tomboys or brainy girls?

*sigh* I really hope this movie does REALLY bad, just so that these Hoochie Mamaz can finally go AWAY. But, sadly, there are many misguided little girls out there...

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 10:07am

Originally posted by tomsmobr

Response from Head RAZZberry: If you mean a literally CLUELESS remake/rip-off of MEAN GIRLS, I'd have to agree with you there...

I guess on our Nominating Ballot this year, when comes to Bratz we can ad Bratz: The Movie as Worst Remake or Rip Off of "Clueless
and "Mean Girls"??

Response from Head RAZZberry: Our Worst Remake or Rip-Off category is gonna be Berry Crowded this year -- Not sure yet (with the year barely more than half over) exactly what may make it onto our Nominating Ballot, but at this point, BRATZ looks likely to get mentioned in at least a couple of categories... 

jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 1:49pm

Even watching the two minute trailer for this movie feels like a major waste of time. I couldn't imagine actually sitting through the movie!

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 5:01am
And to think Paula Abdul was upset when she couldn't be involved with this movie! Why would you want to?! And no parent would take their kids to see a movie with her drunken ass in it. I consider her lucky (so far, the movie was her idea). Can she get a Razzie for coming up with this? Call it Berry Worst Movie Creators or something!!!
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 11:07pm

This piece of crap looks like a cheap Disney Channel made for TV movie!!! Who would waste their time to see something like this that seems annoying, over the top unfunny, and involves Paula Abdul??

Please, kids...stay away from this!!! 

ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 2:52am

But she got kicked out of the movie, so she wouldn't be able to "win" that dis-honor anyway. 

Originally posted by dipitlow555

And to think Paula Abdul was upset when she couldn't be involved with this movie! Why would you want to?! And no parent would take their kids to see a movie with her drunken ass in it. I consider her lucky (so far, the movie was her idea). Can she get a Razzie for coming up with this? Call it Berry Worst Movie Creators or something!!!

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 9:54am
Originally posted by ArtGirl138

But she got kicked out of the movie, so she wouldn't be able to "win" that dis-honor anyway. 

Originally posted by dipitlow555

Still, she came up with it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 10:01am
Next they'll make movies based on TV commercials. Oh wait -- they are: This fall's CAVEMAN TV show. Let's see if a Barbie movie is coming soon...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 12:07pm
At least they got girls who look like the dolls: F**KING SCARY LOOKING!!!!!!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 10:47am
You know, it's just so sad when the dolls look a lot better than the live
people
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 2:34am
Please give out a worst costume Razzie for this movie!
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 6:11pm
I've seen episodes of "Saved By The Bell" that looked better than this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>