Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > MORE 2008 MOVIE FORUMS Listed Alphabetically: 27 DRESSES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

This One DRESSES for RAZZIE Success!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This One DRESSES for RAZZIE Success!
    Posted: January 16 2008 at 3:55am

SURE, IT LOOKS ADORABLE and HARMLESS... BUT as the FIRST HIGH-PROFILE COMEDY of 2008, 27 DRESSES SETS the TONE for COMEDIES to COME...and WE MAY ALL BE in TROUBLE!

FORMULAIC, UN-FUNNY and TOO-CUTE-NOT-to-GAG-ON, THIS WOULD-BE CROSS-BREEDING of a CHICK FLICK with a RELATIONSHIP COMEDY STEPS on ITS OWN FEET at EVERY OPPORTUNITY...

BUT DON'T LET US HAVE ALL the FUN BRIDESMAID-BASHING... FEEL FREE to JOIN IN BELOW!

Heigl: "Wait a minute...aren't you Corny Collins? Does this mean our relationship is ENCHANTED??"

Marsden: "If you mean ENCHANTED in a RAZZ-able way...maybe!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 3:58am

If word-of-mouth on this one is as nasty as the reviews over at R.T. the studio may be sorry they sneak-previewed it in advance.

Suggested alternate title: I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU UP-CHUCK & MARRY...

Everything SUX!
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 5:27am

This is the second directorial effort by Anne Fletcher, whose previous film was the painfully cliched Step Up. This film appears to be equally as predictable, and given the simultaneous release of the formula-laden Mad Money, this could be the most crippling weekend for female-targeted comedies we see all year! 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 7:39am

Hollywood needs to stop funding dumb chick flicks, and pour their money into more Westerns. "3:10 To Yuma" is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and "Unforgiven" is in my top 3. 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
yotypeocom View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yotypeocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 2:24am

It actually looks like they rushed making this movie because of Heigl's rising fame from Knocked-Up. Looks like another lame Wedding Planner-Best-Friend's-Wedding-colorful-type-of bride-crap! I wouldn't pay a buck to see it, I'm rather gonna wait to see a TS screener for download.

By the way, the flick that paced last year's comedy casualties was P.S. I Suck You with Hilary Swank!

oneanonlyme View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote oneanonlyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 4:26pm

I thought it was a good movie...it was funny, and wasn't rushed.

Loser33 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Loser33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 5:11pm
I thought it was okay -- wasnt the best movie, but it was kinda good!
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 9:40pm
Oh sure, no one would EVER ask Katherine Heigl to get married.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 3:48am

Originally posted by deadguy76

Oh sure, no one would EVER ask Katherine Heigl to get married.

I feel you've hit upon the biggest flaw in the story. . . .

Jack Spencer Jr View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 7:46am
Is it just me or is that picture just weird? Either it's two pictures photoshopped together or she has stubby legs.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 3:07pm

I see what you mean; either that or wardrobe was way off.  Now if the picture were entitled 27 Pairs of Shoes, we might have more of an audience, as that would be a concept a wider female audience--or maybe both genders--can relate to. 

bts228 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bts228 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 11:45am
It wasn't that bad. Fine for what it is. Katherine Heigl is charming.
iliahtida View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote iliahtida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 4:41am

No matter how bad or good this picture is, it's always a delight to read those nasty, clever comments!

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 10:57am
This was so stupid. Even my mom hated this!  
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 2:52pm
I thought this wasn't that bad, yes it was formulaic and predictable, but hey,
compared to Fool's Gold, P.S. I Love You, and Over Her Dead
Body
, Dresses is a humdinger.
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 11:34pm

For Your Consideration:

Worst Actor in a Supporting Role: James Marsden (27 Dresses)
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>