Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

This One Looks Seriously SCROOGED...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This One Looks Seriously SCROOGED...
    Posted: April 28 2009 at 3:29am

THIS ONE RIPS OFF ELEMENTS from SO MANY SOURCES, IT'S LIKE SOME KIND of SPONTANEOUS REACTION in the DUMPSTER BEHIND a SKIN-GRAFTING LAB...

TAKING ITS BASIC PREMISE from DICKENS' A CHRISTMAS CAROL, GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST GRAFTS the IDEA of GHOSTLY VISITATIONS onto a FRAMEWORK of FORMULAIC ROM-COM CLICHE's to PRODUCE a MOVIE WE'RE FAIRLY SURE ALMOST NO ONE WILL WANT to SEE...EXCEPT MAYBE MASOCHISTIC RAZZIE® VOTERS.

AND the FACT THAT IT FEATURES TWO FORMER RAZZIE® NOMINEES AMONG ITS CAST (MICHAEL DOUGLAS -- LOOKING 108 YEARS OLD -- and ANNE ARCHER) ONLY ADDS to ITS WOES.

JUST AS LIKELY an OUTCOME as THIS GETTING a HANDFUL of NOMINATIONS at YEAR's END IS the THOUGHT THAT IT COULD BE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN by THEN.

BUT, WHILE ITS TRANSGRESSIONS ARE STILL FRESH in YOUR MIND, WHY NOT TAKE the OPPORTUNITY to EXPRESS HOW PISSED YOU ARE THAT SOMETHING LIKE GIRLFRIENDS PAST EVER CAME to BE MADE...

McCONAUGHEY: "Since you've got experience, Mr. Douglas, I thought maybe you could tell me -- What's it like being a RAZZIE® nominee??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 5:01am
Did you know McConaughey's next movie is a comedy?
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 5:21am

I think this technically is supposed to be a comedy.

But I have to say, to Family Guy's credit, I imagine sitting down and talking to McConaughey is probably EXACTLY the way Stewie's conversation played out -- He's really terrible.

-Iron helps us play-
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 5:37am
Sounds interesting, I may have to check this one out.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 5:42am
The title of this movie alone is enough to send chills up my spine. Maybe it is just a personal reaction: "Ruh roh! Somebody found the bodies!"
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 5:57am
I can assure you, if I made a movie called "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past"... well, it would be a bit different. With a lot more chainsaws.
-Iron helps us play-
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 6:03am

Sounds like we could maybe collaborate on one of the great action thrillers in cinematic history.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 8:06am
I'm convinced that every studio in H-Wood has at least one screenwriter whose sole job requirement is to think up new twists to "A Christmas Carol". Because no matter how many versions and adaptations of that story have been made, H-Wood just HAS to make a few dozen more.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 9:26am
Remember back when Matthew McConaughey was known for his acting and
not his body?
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 11:41am

I was planning on pitching a movie to the major studios: Basically, Michael Bay wants to remake the Leprechaun movies, and is visited by Warwick Davis, who then shows him the past, present and future of his career. It's a brilliant way to showcase clips of past Michael Bay projects, current Michael Bay projects, and potential future project concepts.

Suffice to say there will be plenty of explosions.

Originally posted by Michaels

I'm convinced that every studio in H-Wood has at least one screenwriter whose sole job requirement is to think up new twists to "A Christmas Carol". Because no matter how many versions and adaptations of that story have been made, H-Wood just HAS to make a few dozen more.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 3:53pm

He (Michael Bay) has returned in the director's seat for the upcoming Transformers sequel titled Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, coming to theaters June 24.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 4:03pm
HeadRAZZ is sure on top of things. I was just gonna report that the film was sitting at 20% on Rotten Tomatoes. Seems like it might be a contender.

Also of note, news was out that Matthew McConaughey also expressed interest in playing Captain America in a forthcoming project based on the superhero, then in The Avengers. Let the fanboy bashing begin.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:13am
Originally posted by movieman

not his body?

Nope.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:25am

Because, it never happened... Good call, dEd.  

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Originally posted by movieman

not his body?

Nope.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:36am
Family Guy suggested that the high point of Matthew McConaughey's career was Dazed and Confused. Wasn't he the guy who said, "I love high school girls. I keep getting older, and they keep stayin the same age." That's a point of pride. I hope that's on his tombstone.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 12:52am
If that is the high point of his career, then there are some serious issues with his career. Perhaps someone should take it off life support.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>