Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > COUPLES RETREAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

This Is Someone’s Idea of FUNNY?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Is Someone’s Idea of FUNNY?!?!?
    Posted: October 06 2009 at 5:04am

WHEN the SAME JOKE (THE SPEEDO-CLAD YOGA INSTRUCTOR with HIS TUSCH in JASON BATEMAN's FACE) APPEARS in EVERY PROMO, YOU GOTTA FIGURE THEY HAVEN'T GOT a LOT of LAUGHS to PROMOTE a "COMEDY" WITH...

AND EARLY REVIEWS CONFIRM THAT COUPLES RETREAT  IS YET ANOTHER 2009 "ROMANTIC COMEDY" FULL of BICKERING, MIS-UNDERSTANDINGS and TRUMPED UP CONFLICT THAT WINDS UP LONG on IRKSOME-NESS and SHORT on LAUGHS.

TOO BAD, 'CAUSE THIS ONE (DIRECTED by the GUY WHO PLAYED RALPHIE in A CHRISTMAS STORY) LOOKED LIKE IT HAD SOME PROMISE. MAYBE the FACT THAT IT NOT ONLY TOP-BILLS VINCE VAUGHN (WHO HASN'T BEEN FUNNY SINCE at LEAST 2005) BUT THAT VAUGHN ALSO CO-WROTE IT, SHOULDA BEEN a TIP-OFF.

FEEL FREE to ENGAGE BELOW in ALL the SPOUSAL ABUSE YOU FEEL THIS ONE DESERVES... 

Why Does This Still Remind Us of Groucho Marx's Remark "I Never See a Movie Where the Man's Tits Are Bigger Than the Woman's"?!?!?

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2009 at 3:26pm

Based on the previews, this movie looks like a very long pilot episode for a sitcom. Whether it will be an actually funny sitcom, or one that is driven by a laugh track, has yet to be determined.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2009 at 6:58am
Two And a Half Men: The Movie? Anyone?
-Iron helps us play-
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2009 at 1:01pm

Vince Vaughn, this time you've really made something that will get you a Razzie nomination.  You might even keep Zach Cregger and Trevor Moore from winning the Razzie for Worst Actor.

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2009 at 5:24pm

Man, I was psyched for this one. But the reviews came in and OUCH!

By the way, Post Grad scored the same as this film, why isn't that considered?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to check R.T. reviews on POST GRAD -- They are indeed within RAZZIE® Range. But the film itself, while technically qualifying for our consideration, was not widely seen and does not top-bill any likely RAZZIE targets. Thus giving it a Forum seemed unlikely to generate much discussion. COUPLES RETREAT, on the other hand, looks poised to be one of 2009's higher-profile box office bombs.

As always, feel free to write in anything you wish to Razz from POST GRAD when your Nominating Ballot arrives at the end of the year... 

You think you know, but you have no idea.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2009 at 10:35am

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Two And a Half Men: The Movie. It is one of the better written shows on TV.

But this? UGH! Do you folks have any idea how many times Hollywood has already made this film? 86 kajillion! That's how many! Please stop!

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2009 at 4:15pm

1. I agree, "Two and a Half Men: The Movie" wouldn't be as bad as something like this. It's one of the few clever and funny sitcoms left on TV.

2. I think having low approval ratings at RT is all a movie needs to deserve Razzie consideration, regardless if it has past Razzie winners or if it's "high profile."

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2012 at 4:14pm
Skip to 01:48

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply