Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEMBER-STARTED DISCUSSIONS of 2012 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

THIS MEANS WAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THIS MEANS WAR
    Posted: February 17 2012 at 1:52pm

THIS MEANS WAR STARS REESE WITHERSPOON IN THE MIDDLE OF A LOVE TRIANGLE. ITS DIRECTOR, JOSEPH "McG" McGINTY-NICHOL, IS INFAMOUS AMONG US FOR THE WORST PICTURE FINALIST CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE, AND HIS TERMINATOR: SALVATION WAS ONCE RUMORED TO BE ON THE 2009 RAZZIE NOMINATION BALLOT.

TWO CIA AGENTS WHO HAPPEN TO BE BEST FRIENDS ARE CAUGHT IN A DISPUTE OVER REESE WITHERSPOON WHEN THEY FIND OUT TOO LATE THEY'RE BOTH DATING HER. SIMPLY PUT, SHE'S THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEMS, SHE'S CHEATING ON THEM. I DON'T KNOW HOW OFTEN A ROMANTIC COMEDY HAS EVER HAD CHEATING SO CENTRAL TO ITS PREMISE AND STILL BEEN GOOD, BUT THIS IS NOT AN EXAMPLE. IT HAS A VERY BAD 25% APPROVAL RATING AT ROTTEN TOMATOES AND 33% METASCORE

REESE WITHERSPOON APPEARED IN A COUPLE OF WELL-REVIEWED FILMS SINCE Y2K, LEGALLY BLONDE IN 2001 AND WALK THE LINE IN 2005, BUT SHE'S ALSO BEEN IN LITTLE NICKY AND FOUR CHRISTMASES. MIGHT SHE FINALLY BE NOMINATED FOR OUR AWARDS FOR THIS MEANS WAR?

DON'T LET ME BE THE ONLY ONE FIGHTING AGAINST THIS FILM. IT'S YOUR TURN TO OPEN FIRE!

The old stigma holds that its worse for a woman to date multiple men than vice versa. Did she consider this before signing on to star in it? Did the crew consider this before making it?
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 7:21pm
This movie only seems to be a contender for Worst Couple, and based on some comments, Worst Supporting Actress for Chelsea Handler. First of all, does she even want to be an actress? And does that matter? If she doesn't, it would make it more understandable why she delivers her lines with the same face and a monotonous voice as if it was a stand-up routine. But I don't think it would make it right. Why does she want to be in a movie then? Just because she takes supporting roles doesn't mean we'll look away. She could become the next Jerry Seinfeld! No, wait. The next Ellen DeGeneres sounds more fit for her.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

TWO CIA AGENTS WHO HAPPEN TO BE BEST FRIENDS ARE CAUGHT IN A DISPUTE OVER REESE WITHERSPOON WHEN THEY FIND OUT TOO LATE THEY'RE BOTH DATING HER. SIMPLY PUT, SHE'S THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEMS, SHE'S CHEATING ON THEM. I DON'T KNOW HOW OFTEN A ROMANTIC COMEDY HAS EVER HAD CHEATING SO CENTRAL TO ITS PREMISE AND STILL BEEN GOOD, BUT THIS IS NOT AN EXAMPLE.

Nowadays, it's more common for a person to date 2 at the same time if neither of the relationships is exclusive. This would work more and would be better viewed upon society if the parties involved discuss it, but most of the times the one "in the middle" tries to hide it as long as possible and use what I said above as an excuse.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

IT HAS A VERY BAD 25% APPROVAL RATING AT ROTTEN TOMATOES AND 33% METASCORE.

"A career lowlight for all three of its likable stars, this movie is loud, clumsily edited, and neither romantic nor funny".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 7:27pm
Three online/video reviews... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 7:28pm
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 2:11am
One question: Chris Pine and Tom Hardy: WHY DID YOU DO THIS PIECE OF SH*T? Also, I agree with this at least being nominated for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble and Worst Supporting Actress for Chelsea Handler.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 10:05am
Versatility, maybe? They've both been in many types of movies. 

Originally posted by jesse685

One question: Chris Pine and Tom Hardy: WHY DID YOU DO THIS PIECE OF SH*T?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 4:23pm
Vits, the correct answer is: They agreed to be in this for a sh*t load of money!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 10:07am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 7:30pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 7:30pm

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 3:21pm
I just saw it.

For your consideration: Worst Actor (Tom Hardy), Supp. Actress (Chelsea Handler), Couple (Reese Witherspoon and either Chris Pine or Hardy), Director, Screenplay and Excuse for a Romantic Comedy. But not Worst Picture.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it.

For your consideration: Worst Actor (Tom Hardy), Supp. Actress (Chelsea Handler), Couple (Reese Witherspoon and either Chris Pine or Hardy), Director, Screenplay and Excuse for a Romantic Comedy. But not Worst Picture.
Skip to 05:00.

Any thoughts?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 6:45pm
Here's a link to the Rotten Tomatoes page for This Means War.  It wound up with a 26% critics score.

Here's a link to the IMDb page for This Means War.  It currently has a rating of 6.3.

Here's a link to the Box Office Mojo page for This Means War.  Its budget was $65 million, its domestic take $54.7 million and its worldwide take $101.7 million. 

Although the studio will eventually make a profit with This Means War, I doubt there will be enough of a profit to guarantee a sequel.

This movie reminds me of Because I Said So, in that it tries to make cheating seem funny.  Can anybody think of any 40's or 50's film that pulls this off?  I mean, most comedies nowadays don't make people laugh, let alone think, anymore, but comedies about cheating must be difficult to pull off. 

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2013 at 12:51am
I just remembered a movie where cheating was funny - The Apartment from 1960.  I wish these movies were of the same calibre.
 Post Reply Post Reply