Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

32nd Annual "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 32nd Annual "Winners"
    Posted: April 01 2012 at 7:40pm

DELIGHTED! DELIGHTED! DELIGHTED! Congrats to my fellow voters on their outstanding choices.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 7:53pm
LOL Yeah, man. I mean, don't hold back on Sandler or anything, people. Clap
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:00pm
Too bad there wasn't one more award, but that would have been piling on LOL
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:08pm
I can't believe he didn't show up, though. What.a.coward.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:14pm

"The winners were determined by some 650 members of the Golden Raspberry Foundation, and more than 35,000 ballots on movie review website Rotten Tomatoes.

Organizers said the cast of "Jack and Jill" was only just ahead of box-office hit "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" in the voting."

I'm honestly glad that people at RT got their head straight and refrained from expressing their anger about Twilight and went with the more deserving one. But I'm kind of mourning the non-win of the New Year's Eve cast. But at least J&J cast won.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:16pm
I have to express that I'm not that thrilled with opening the voting in certain categories to non-members because it is too much like the People's Choice Awards. I suppose it does bring us some good publicity, but I think it can stir integrity issues.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:32pm
That exactly is the problem. And honestly, they go by their RT ratings, but how many of them have actually seen e.g. New Year's Eve or BL? Not a lot thinking of the movies' numbers. But most have seen Transformers and Twilight, so they go with what they saw or what the trend is.
But again, I'm glad that it ended like this.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:43pm
Hey, the Oscars have "Ben-Hur", "Titanic", and "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King". We have "Jack & Jill". Fair trade? I don't know, but I will say this: Sandler had this coming to him! Only people with IQs the same number as their shoe size find this man entertaining, and it's about time he got this just desserts like he did tonight! The only downside is he was too chicken to show up and accept the award. Even Tom Green, who had even less talent than Sandler (if such a thing is even possible) was brave enough (or shameless enough) to accept his award. Sadly, unlike Green, Sandler's career will continue, but I guess that just gives us more chances to razz him yet again! Congratulations on another successful razzing!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:47pm
Sandler has definitely had this one coming, and he probably should have got it last year for Grown Ups. The very thought that Happy Madison has evidently green-lighted a sequel to that horror makes tonight's sweep all the more justified.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 9:51pm
I bet you this is the look on Adam Sandler's face right now after hearing that Jack & Jill won all the RAZZIES.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 9:56pm
I'm guessing Miguel has  the same look after Twilight failed, yet again, to win anything Wink
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 10:49pm
Though I would've loved to see The Smurfs 3D, Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil, The Roommate, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, and Red Riding Hood each get 1 nomination, I am extremely satisfied that Jack and Jill beat Transformers: Dark of the Moon to Worst Picture.

To whoever said that opening up one category makes it more like the People's Choice Awards: Don't the People's Choice open up half their categories to the public? Because this was only 1 category. I'm much more worried about them giving the award to a Twilight film than anything.

To HeadRAZZBerry: Knowing you might be exhausted after the RAZZIE ceremonies, I say take your time with the following two questions.
1) Would you attribute much of the success to the April Fool's Day schedule?
2) Have you decided whether the Worst of 2012 RAZZIES will be in February or April of 2013?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 7:10am
The only differences between what I voted for and what won were in Worst Supporting Actress (I voted for Nicole Kidman), Worst Screenplay and Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel (I voted for Bucky Larson in both categories). I'm not shedding any tears though.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 4:43pm
Sandler doesn't care. I doubt Sandler even knows what the Razzies are. I am 100% certain that the idea he even cares is not accurate at all. 
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 4:46pm
Money talks. The first Grown-Ups was a big hit at the box office, so of course they're going to do a sequel (actually I'm surprised Sandler agreed to it -- he always seemed to be anti-sequel).
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 6:06pm
The first Grown Ups was, also, Sandler's biggest hit around the world. Since Jack & Jill didn't break even, maybe Sandler thinks that brand name alone well give him a hit. Remember how John Carter relied on brand name alone?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>