Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Three Worst Picks Of The Weak ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three Worst Picks Of The Weak ?
    Posted: March 11 2007 at 11:26am
We might have three Worst Pic Of The Weak we had one on February 23rd with Number 23, The Abandoned & The Reno 911: Miami looks like this week it's  PREMONITION, Dead Slience & I Think I Love My Wife
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 1:24pm

Premonition looks like a good thriller.

Dead Silence looks scary.

I Think I Love My Wife looks like it could be funny but it could also really suck.

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 1:36pm

Dead Silence looks like a cross between The Puppet Master & Magic. Premonition might be a good Thriller, but it reminds me of The Sixth Sense. I Think I Love My Wife (don't get me wrong I love Chris Rock) just does not look funny (maybe it's not supposed to be?). That's why I thought we might have three Worst Movies of The Weak: Two of them look like plots that have already been done, and one I can't tell if it's supposed to be a Comedy or a Drama...

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 3:39am
Actually, Next Friday (March 23) -- With HILLS HAVE EYES II, the remake of  TEEN-AGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES , the irksomely whimsical looking THE LAST MIMZY and Adam Sandler in REIGN OVER ME all opening the same day -- looks like a likelier date for us to have at least 3 Worst New Movie of the Weak choices... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 3:53am
To The Headrazzberry and do not forget The Shooter with Mark Walberg
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 4:01am

REIGN OVER ME looks like it will be good. Just because it has Adam Sandler in it doesn't mean that it will be bad. The Razzies are too prejudiced against Sandler. He has made a few good movies, and, as seen in Punch Drunk Love, can actually give a great performance.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Okay, PUNCH DRUNK LOVE -- Now name even one other "good Adam Sandler movie." And if you say SPANGLISH, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. When not playing a simpleton in movies whose scripts I would imagine are encrusted with the boogers of the boneheads who wrote them, Sandler tends instead to appear in the sort of treacly sentimental slop that makes many movie-goers wanna gag. Yes, REIGN OVER ME could be a good movie...but defending it on the basis of Sandler being in it is, based on the man's long and lamentable track record, decidedly a losing proposition...

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 4:09am
I actually I did not like Punch Drunk Love or Spanglish all that much. I'm not sure if Reign Over Me looks good from what I have seen, so far in The Trailers. But then again, Sandler might actually give great performance, and prove me wrong...
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 4:12am

TEEN-AGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES is one of three nephews' favorties things, so I won't say any bad things about it.

Response from Head RAZZberry: As a parent whose 10-year-old went through a TMNT phase a few years back, I have no qualms about saying "bad things" about this latest incarnation.

jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 8:26am
Originally posted by jb razz

REIGN OVER ME looks like it will be good. Just because it has Adam Sandler in it doesn't mean that it will be bad. The Razzies are too prejudiced against Sandler. He has made a few good movies, and, as seen in Punch Drunk Love, can actually give a great performance.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Okay, PUNCH DRUNK LOVE -- Now name even one other "good Adam Sandler movie." And if you say SPANGLISH, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. When not playing a simpleton in movies whose scripts I would imagine are encrusted with the boogers of the boneheads who wrote them, Sandler tends instead to appear in the sort of treacly sentimental slop that makes many movie-goers wanna gag. Yes, REIGN OVER ME could be a good movie...but defending it on the basis of Sandler being in it is, based on the man's long and lamentable track record, decidedly a losing proposition...

I liked HAPPY GILMORE and 50 FIRST DATES.

I'm not defending this movie because of Adam Sandler, I'm just saying we shouldn't have an immediate prejudice against it just because Sandler is in it. After all, it co-stars Don Cheadle, who is a good actor.

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 11:42am

My Dad and I liked Adam Sandler in The Water Boy and Happy Gilmore. 50 First Dates was pretty good,too. I think TMNT is based on a 4Kids TV series that airs on Fox Saturday Mornings. This one is Computer Animated, which might make a difference. Here's a link to The TMNT Website to view the trailer. http://www.4kids.tv/tmnt/tmntmoviemini/index.php

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 10:08am

I will give Sandler credit for having good actors in his movies ( And they're usually -- not surprisingly -- the high-points of the film) like Steve Buscemi (Big Daddy, Billy Madison), John Turturro (Anger Management, Mr. Deeds), and Jack Nicholson (Anger Management).

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 3:12pm

We may need to rename this the Adam Sandler thread. . . .

Of the Adam Sandler movies I somehow wound up seeing, I liked 50 First Dates and own it, I liked Spanglish (not so much for Adam Sandler's okay performance but for Paz Vega's superior performance). I thought Click was weak, with way too many product placements, but had a few genuinely funny moments.

curl View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote curl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2011 at 11:05pm
I have not seen any of those pictures but think that most of celebrity gets too old after plastic surgery. Farrah Fawcet tops in my list and she was looking too ugly in the picture. 
 Post Reply Post Reply