Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tim Allen: Razzie Nominee for 2006?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tim Allen: Razzie Nominee for 2006?
    Posted: February 21 2006 at 4:11pm

Tim Allen, coming off two disappointments (SANTA CLAUSE 2 and CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS) is doing no better this year. The first film of 2006 starring Tim Allen is THE SHAGGY DOG, a  really stupid film about a man who gets transformed into a sheepdog. Really, really dumb! One of the other films of 2006 starring Tim Allen is ZOOM. We already figured ZOOM would likely be a Razzie contender for 2006. Please feel free to write your comments about Tim Allen, and tell us if you think he'll be a Razzie Nominee for 2006...

Response from Head RAZZberry: With SANTA CLAUSE 3 added to the two titles you mentioned above, I'd say Tim Allen is a shoo-in to at least be a nominee for Worst Actor this year.  But Hollywood could have a surprise Holiday Turkey in store for us come November or December (like maybe...ROCKY BALBOA a.k.a. ROCKY VI) so the eventual Worst Actor "winner" could still be TBD...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:11am

Here's the poster for THE SHAGGY DOG, with Tim Allen looking like a sheep dog. How dumb!!   

They haven't released a poster for ZOOM yet. But once they do, I'll let y'all know. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Here 'tis...and boy, does it look AWFUL!

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:28pm
Tim Allen is better looking as a dog. His human counterpart is butt-ugly.
Fred Cooper
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:11pm
Yah, man, I agree with you on that one.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:56pm

They have released the theatrical trailer for THE SHAGGY DOG though. If you wanna go see it, click here: http://www.imdb.com/tt0393735/trailers 

Plus, since this is Disney, it's considered a kids/family film and has been given a PG rating...

Response from Head RAZZberry: Make that a "PU!" Rating and I'd agree with the MPAA for once... 

callofduty06 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote callofduty06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 12:06pm

Tim Allen sucks!  How come he never got nominated for a Razzie? 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Not to worry -- With three terrible titles in 2006 (SHAGGY DOG, ZOOM and SANTA CLAUSE 3) there's probably a Worst Actor nomination in Santa's bag with Tim Allen's name on it!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 11:42am

Hey, Head RAZZ, would you like to see the poster for SANTA CLAUSE 3? Well, here it is, and it looks pretty lame, don't ya think?

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2006 at 8:32am
I think Tim Alen could even beat out Larry the Cable Guy and Steve Martin for the Worst Actor RAZZIE...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2006 at 1:15pm

Hello, I'm freshly new here, and I'd like to start off by agreeing with all that's been said in this thread, that Allen has done little but make a fool of himself this year.  I wouldn't be surprised, indeed, if he gets nominated for everything he made so far (too bad he can't "win" them all). 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Welcome Aboard! Your post above prompts me to mention that RAZZIE eligibility rules are different from Oscar rules: If one actor makes mutliple rotten films in a single year, we'll list ALL of them after his name on our Ballot (the record to date is FIVE titles in one year).

Anywaze, we hope you enjoy your visits to our Bizarro World "mirror opposite" of All Those OTHER Awards Show sites, and that you feel free to rant...vent...and just have fun while you're here!

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 3:20pm
Welcome, "wetbandit82." Probabilities are that Allen will be nominated for all three of his performances this year. Right now he has my vote, but  if Rocky Balboa (and Stallone's performance therein) is anywhere near as dreadful as I'm expecting, Sly could still score a knockout as this year's Razzie "underdog."
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
loor.vic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote loor.vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 3:31pm
I think that no one can save him from this nomination and it is almost for sure that he's gonna win. This year he's done nothing else but crap and more crap!!
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 10:56am

Spencer Breslin could get a Worst Supporting Actor nomination for the same three Tim Allen films, and he and Tim Allen could get a Worst Screen Couple nomination for all three movies they are in together.

What's ironic is that Spencer's sister Abigail Breslin recieved praise for her performance in Little Miss Sunshine.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 2:16pm

For those of you who were hoping that Tim Allen would get a Razzie nom, it has finally happened! He's nominated for Worst Actor for all 3 terrible films of 2006, and also for Worst Screen Couple with Martin Short for THE SANTA CLAUSE 3: THE ESCAPE CLAUSE.

This sure looks like a Worst Screen Couple to me!!

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 2:09am
Well, I don't think Tim is going to escape the little gold painted Razzie this year. Not with the quality of work he put out for 2006. I am still hoping Rob Schneider will pick up is second win in a row however!
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 6:41pm

Tim Allen had 3 strong Razzie worthy lead performances to his "credit." In fact, if our beloved Head Razz hadn't initiated the tradition of lumping all of a performer's work together, Allen might easily have managed 3 of the 5 Worst Actor nominations. I'm definitely leaning toward giving Allen my vote.

But, deserving as Rob Schneider may be, it should be noted that while his work in Benchwarmers qualifies as a lead role, it would almost be stretching a point to even call him even a Supporting Actor in Little Man -- Cameo would be a more apt description...

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
loor.vic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote loor.vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2007 at 7:16am

The champ this year (and for many years) IS definitely Tim Allen. What an uncharismatic and bad actor he is. I claim justice!

Post Reply Post Reply