Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > THE TOOTH FAIRY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

To Tell Ya the TOOTH...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Tell Ya the TOOTH...
    Posted: January 20 2010 at 9:47am
SOME MOVIES ARE BASICALLY FEATURE LENGTH RIFFS on a SINGLE IMAGE -- CASE in POINT: THE TOOTH FAIRY, WHICH IS BANKED on the SIGHT of MACHO MAN "THE ROCK" in a TUTU to CARRY IT to BOX OFFICE SUCCESS... 

THOUGH IT CERTAINLY LOOKS LIKE YET ANOTHER CRAPPY, KIDDIE-FRIENDLY "COMEDY" from DIZZ-KNEE (the ULTIMATE PURVEYORS of SUCH PAP) THIS ONE IS ACTUALLY ANOTHER CRAPPY, KIDDIE-FRIENDLY "COMEDY"...from FOX.

OTHER THAN THAT ONE SURPRISING TIDBIT, THERE's ALMOST NOTHING to DISTINGUISH THIS FILM from ANY of THE ROCK's OTHER RECENT FARE. THE ONE CLASSY ELEMENT HERE, and IT's SUCH an OBVIOUS CHOICE THAT the CASTING DIRECTOR MAY HAVE LITERALLY COME UP with IT in HIS SLEEP, IS the CASTING of OSCAR® WINNER JULIE ANDREWS as "LILY, QUEEN of the TOOTH FAIRIES."

IF WATCH THIS FILM EXPECTING ANYTHING BUT a HEEPIN' HELPIN' of EVERYTHING YOU OUGHT to EXPECT from a MOVIE LIKE THIS, MAYBE IT's TIME for YOU to RE-ASSESS YOUR BELIEIF in the TOOTH FAIRY, the EASTER BUNNY, SANTA CLAUS... 

THE ROCK: "So, like, what's the key to all this I'm a 
Tooth Fairy crap?"

ANDREWS: "You simply have to believe...just as I 
strongly believe you could be a Worst Actor RAZZIE® 
nominee come year's end..."  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
sampsoninc916 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sampsoninc916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 1:17pm
You know Julie Andrews will always be remembered for Mary Poppins (where she played the title character) and The Sound of Music (as Maria Von Trapp). My friend Sarah Houpt also remembers her guest-starring on The Muppet Show, where she told me, that they brought in a real cow on the stage with Andrews.

Julie Andrews will probably be the best part of the movie, because she was on Broadway for several years before making movies, and thus has far more acting experience than The Rock (who more people still know for wrestling). Kind of like like Hulk Hogan, before he went kiddy on us and gave us a silly, campy, obscure Christmas movie in 1996 called Santa With Muscles (LINK). That one should have a DVD release by now, but doesn't...  
Do you think I was young enough to grow up watching Smurfs, Thundercats, and reruns of shows like A-Team and Dukes of Hazzard, and Alvin and the Chipmunks?
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 1:38pm
This will easily be the best film of the year...right behind The Spy Next Door

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Do I detect a note of sarcasm creeping into moviewizeguy's postings...ALLRIGHT
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 1:58pm

Though 2007 had about 30 films that were worse, I thought really badly of The Rock in The Game Plan (LINK). If I ever get a career that's NOT acting, chances are next-to-nothing that I'll sign on for any roles, because I doubt they would wait for me to read the script. The Rock should've stuck to wrestling. Hopefully fewer people in the future will make the mistakes he's made.

As for The Tooth Fairy, is the fairy supposed to look that old
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 5:56pm
Hey, remember when Julie Andrews had a respectable career and Dwayne Johnson was showcased mainly as a manly man? Yeah, well...those days are long gone!   
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 7:37am
Roger Ebert gave this film two stars stating, "There's no way I can recommend this movie to anyone much beyond the Tooth Fairy Believement Age, but I must testify it's pleasant and inoffensive, althought the violence in the hockey games seems out of place."  To be honest, I don't know the average age when children stop believing in the Tooth Fairy, but for those who still do, I wonder how this will affect their thoughts on the subject. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For those interested in reading Ebert's entire review, here's a LINK... 

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 1:31pm
I now have to officially place Dwayne Johnson in the same league as Madonna. There is no level officially too low for this man to descend to in order to promote himself...  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 9:57pm
I think this week, Hollywood big-wigs must've said, "Let's release a whole bunch of crap starring men with wings." Thus we are "treated" to The Tooth Fairy and Legion. I wonder if there are any men with wings in Extraordinary Measures.... 
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Bloomer View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bloomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2010 at 4:07pm
Oh man, how do some of these films get green lit?!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2010 at 10:55pm
This film is just one big root canal minus the Novocain.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2010 at 11:27pm

I still think his worst role was in DOOM in autumn 2005.

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:00pm
Although Dwayne Johnson was good in [ulr=http://www.razzies.com/forum/the-game-plan_forum224.html]THE GAME PLAN[/url],that movie's plot was a lil'more appealin'for adults...but this?

I'll watch it,but my hopes won't be very up.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 2:17pm
Yeah, this is a parents are suffering through it as they kids are loving it kiddie movie ... "Baby Geniuses 2" being the worst example of such a movie.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 7:47am
And they still made a "B.G. 3".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Vits

And they still made a "B.G. 3".
Confused No comment. Dead
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
fhryssd View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote fhryssd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2010 at 9:46am
EmbarrassedWhatever people may say, I get to like this movie now because of my kids. The more they laugh, the more I like it. Sometimes its fun being with kids (or be like a kid TongueWink haha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>