Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > M-I-III
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Cruise: IMPOSSIBLE to Ignore?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: The Reviews on M-I-3 Are Good, But What About Cruise Himself??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[4.76%]
[9.52%]
[73.81%]
[7.14%]
[4.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tom Cruise: IMPOSSIBLE to Ignore?!?!
    Posted: May 05 2006 at 4:16am

HE'S STILL ACTING LIKE THE BIGGEST STAR on the PLANET...and STILL ESPOUSING IDEAS THAT ARE ALIEN to MOST EARTHLINGS. EVEN IF M-I-3 IS a BOX OFFICE BONANZA, WHAT's YOUR TAKE on CRUISE HIMSELF? SHOULD WE GIVE HIM a HAND for HAVING ANOTHER HIT...OR HAND HIM HIS PINK SLIP RIGHT NOW??

VOTE in OUR POLL...Then Feel Free to Join Our Discussion below...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2006 at 4:22am

WHY is this man still so popular?!?!?!? He's not an especially good actor, his movies are formulaic and predictable, the ideas he's been spouting in interviews lately endanger mentally damaged people everywhere -- and he somehow manages to be both boring and just plain WEIRD!

I for one plan NEVER to give my money to anything he EVER does again!

Everything SUX!
Dragon View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 7:58am

Ey guys relax. We were supposed to talk about him being an actor, not 'bout him believing in aliens ( by the way one of the most dumb beliefs :P ) He's still a good actor. And I'm not talking bout MI coz that is just another action movie. War of the Worlds was great and so was Collateral, not mentioning marvelous Interview with Vampire or Few Good Man. Every actor has his ups and downs so chill out and wait for another decent ( talking 'bout the artistic merit ) movie with Tom or just relax and stop thinking while watching special effects in MI 3.

Peace.

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 8:34am
I just saw the movie last night and it was good, but between Cinco De Mayo and being unable to keep his opions and personal life out of everybody's face. I think he may have hurt himself. Friday's Box office according to the Numbers (www.the-numbers.com) had M-I-3 only hauling in $16.5 million. It will need bigger numbers for Saturday and Sunday for the film to be a true success overall! Right now, it does not look like it is going to happen...
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
jeanericuser View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeanericuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 11:50am
I think someone should smother Tom Cruise's face in a used baby diaper until he agrees to retire. I'm sure after an hour or two of his face smothered in baby sh*t, he will feel a little more eager to quit making movies and being such a media hound...  
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Dragon

Ey guys relax. We were supposed to talk about him being an actor, not 'bout him believing in aliens ( by the way one of the most dumb beliefs :P ) He's still a good actor. And I'm not talking bout MI coz that is just another action movie. War of the Worlds was great and so was Collateral, not mentioning marvelous Interview with Vampire or Few Good Man. Every actor has his ups and downs so chill out and wait for another decent ( talking 'bout the artistic merit ) movie with Tom or just relax and stop thinking while watching special effects in MI 3.

Peace.

Let's take this point by point:

First of all, we DO talk about him as an actor. We also discuss the fact that he is using his celebrity to espouse nutty beliefs. Whether or not it is legitimate, celebrity status carries credibility with some people. If it didn't Nike and Pepsi and whoever else wouldn't be tossing loads of money at celebs to sell us their products. So when Cruise et al start peddling their nutty religion, it isn't entirely harmless.

As to him being a good actor, that is debatable. He has put in some good performances, and some bad ones. I'd say he's a capable actor who is wildly overrated.

War of the Worlds was not great. If you liked it, fine, but it wasn't a good movie. Collateral wasn't particularly good either. I'll give you A Few Good Men, however, it was good for a lot of reasons that had very little to do with Cruise's performance (which wasn't all that bad).

Cruise has made himself a target. In doing so, he, and his fans, have lost the right to complain when the rest of us take well deserved pot shots.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 5:05pm
What's up with his Scientology, man? I mean, can he just for once stop talking too much about Scientology? Just for once. It's starting to annoy a whole lot of people. Though, mostly everyone found it annoying when he married Katie Holmes last year, but now, it looks like they're just relaxing with the baby girl, in which we all thought it would be a baby boy, aka Baby Tom. However, I have a feeling Baby Tom will be coming.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 8:10am
What's wrong with $cientology? Why don't you check my signature, sportsartist? Hey, HeadRAZZBerry, are you already taking nominations for the worst actor in a leading role? Because I already have a suggestion...
Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 10:37am
I saw it this weekend, it was actually a big improvement over the first two MI films and way better than War of the Worlds. The entire cast was good in this film (Yes, that includes Cruise.). 
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 3:50pm
It plays out like a two part episode of the original series. I thought
Hoffman was very good as the bad guy. So good I must admit, I rooted for him to win in the end...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 8:13am
You and me both, brother.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 10:59am

Originally posted by Queen_of_Toad

What's wrong with $cientology? Why don't you check my signature, sportsartist?

I think you either misread or misunderstood sportsartists post, Queen. He was not defending Scientology. In fact, I believe he was attacking Cruise for promoting it so frequently.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 10:42am
Then my apologies. Still no improvement in my English "skills".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 2:28pm
No problem. So, tell me, Queen, are you really from Germany? Anyway, I do understand you haven't improved on your English skills.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by sportsartist24

are you really from Germany?

Yes. Why do you ask? It is obvious that I am not a native speaker, so I might as well say where I am really from. (and very nice of you that you allow me no further improvement on my "skills".  I am very embarrassed actually. I was expecting more from myself. )

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 3:59pm
Anyway, I want you to do a favor. Just try and keep working on your English skills.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>