Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > WALTER, THE FARTING DOG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Toot-Toot-Tootsie, Don’t BARK!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toot-Toot-Tootsie, Don’t BARK!
    Posted: May 10 2010 at 8:55pm
Good riddance. How many other RAZZIE contenders were adapted into TV shows in the past 3 years that they need to cancel?
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 11:16am
Well, there's the rebooted "Knight Rider," that got canceled. "V" is on the chopping block. "Hawaii 5-0" is coming next fall, but I'm guessing that won't last long. And of course, there's "Parenthood." Don't you love how television is equally as unoriginal as movies are?!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 3:20pm

I spit on that trend. Since 2000, television and movies just haven't been the same. 1999 was so short on bad movies they had to nominate The Blair Witch Project and Big Daddy for Worst Picture. not only that, but most of '999's RAZZIE classics I hadn't even heard of! Several long-running shows premiered in 1999 as well. Then comes Triple-O, and everything goes to Hell. Few good shows, few good movies, notoriously sinister collections of RAZZIE nominations all millennium (so far).

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 4:01pm
Yep, I claim 2000 as The Year That the Entertainment Industry Went to S*** Almost Overnight. Since then, Hollywood hasn't even been trying to make any good, original product ... unless of course, they want an Oscar or Emmy for their troubles!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 5:17pm
How could it be? With Y2K comes the swift downfall of creativity! How could this have happened?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 7:19pm
Maybe studio heads thought the world was going to come to an end because of the so-called "Y2K bug", so they didn't bother to stock up on good movie ideas, and then decided "Screw it, we'll get by on remakes, sequels, reboots, and adaptations!".

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 8:33pm
Somebody more artistically talented than me could develop a good stand-up comedy routine about it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 11:34am
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Somebody more artistically talented than me could develop a good stand-up comedy routine about it.
Like this?

Screenwriter: Sir, remember when everyone said that the Y2K bug would wipe out all the computers in the world, so we didn't bother to save any of those new screenplays we wrote?

Studio Head: Yes.

Screenwriter: Well, that Y2K didn't happen, so now we're left with nothing. What should we do?

Studio Head: Hmmm, if we don't have any new ideas, then we should just make sequels and remakes of old movies. Yes, that's it! We'll just remake any movie that's anywhere between 3 to 30 years old! And we'll make sequels to movies from 20 years! Oh, oh, and to top it all off, we'll make adaptations of comic books, video games, and even amusement park rides and board games for the next 10 years!

Screenwriter: Good idea, sir!

Studio Head: Of course it is!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 12:50pm
I think we should publish that!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I think we should publish that!

Who knows, it might become the best selling non-fiction book ever written!
alexaf View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote alexaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 9:31am
Is it in 3-D?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123