Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > ALONE IN THE DARK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Those Who Saw It in Theatres WERE Alone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Those Who Saw It in Theatres WERE Alone!
    Posted: September 09 2007 at 10:40am
I'd, also, like to see Mr. Schumacher get tried to: for defaming a classic.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2007 at 8:47am

Uwe Boll blows.  The man doesn't know what he is doing.

I'm glad to see Christian Slater will star in upcoming movies like Slipstream and He Was a Quiet Man, because it pains me to say his acting was good despite the bad script and lousy wardrobe.  I have also read that Slater will regrettably be in Alone in the Dark II.  But at least he's not totally locked into bad movies.

Blair Erikson's article on how bad it was to work with Boll is a good read.  I hope one day that someone will bankroll making Erikson's script for Alone in the Dark into a movie.  Erikson's script will help better promote the video game franchise. 

Boll somehow keeps on going, though.  He's made four movies this year, and is slated to make three more next year.  If it's true what was said above that the German government will bankroll up to half any movie made by any German, I feel Germany needs to amend their laws, for everybody's sake. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Perhaps we should re-convene the Nuremburg Trials, and charge Boll with the filmic equivalent of war crimes??

uwe View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote uwe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 3:07am
I have read an interview with Uwe Boll. He said that he would be glad to win this prize, also he said in another interview that he wants to stop making movies that are based on video games.

CHEAP TRICK View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote CHEAP TRICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 6:55pm

you know who sucks as much this guy? Paul W S Anderson!!!

just remember that the next time you rent something.......    f**k 'em!

Bob View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 7:37pm

Whoever had anything to do with this movie should be shot. This movie misses the point more than a retard does. After trying to sit through this travesty those who were with me we all decided it was the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

Austringer @ Netflix View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Austringer @ Netflix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 1:43am

Dear god, I saw it in the theater. And I'd *wanted* to see this movie--until I actually saw it. Moreover, I convinced 4 friends to come see it with me. It is a testiment to their friendship that they still hang around me, even though I've not been forgiven for "Alone in the Dark" (and, previously, "Space Truckers").

Rumor has it that Uwe Boll produces movies specifically to take a loss so they can be used as a tax writeoff.

Below is the review I wrote for Netflix:

I really wanted to like this movie. Its pedigree--story-wise--was ever so promising. Alone in the Dark was originally a video game that preceded Resident Evil and basically set the tone for the computer RPG survival-horror genre. The lead character in the movie and the game, Carnby, share the same name. Furthermore, the video game was based off of H. P. Lovecraft's 1920s pulp horror writings, which in turn spawned a wonderful horror-survival role playing game called Call of Cthulhu--probably the most popular game in that genre as well. In the movie, there is a Bureau 713, which is clearly a reference to Bureau 13, a series of pre-X-Files books (and one bad video game) about paranormal investigators working for the government. In theory, and with some decent writing, this movie could have drawn upon a very rich tradition and set itself up for a number of sequels. Needless to say, the movie fell flat on its face, got up, fell over a cliff, and fell on its face a second time--just to be sure. Horrible acting, mediocre FX, an 80s thrash metal soundtrack of some sort--what were they thinking? The worst sin of all is the plot/story, which is at best disjointed and at worst.... even less than disjointed. The film is also disjointed on a visual level because of very bad cuts and transitions between more-or-less pointless scenes. Extremely jarring film work--in a bad way. I really hoped for more out of this movie, but I hadn't gone in to it expecting anything above your average campy B-movie. Unfortunately, this one ended up being a REALLY bad b-grade movie with zero campiness. Take a step up and go watch Van Helsing for campy B action-horror. If you're looking for something in the Lovecraft/Alone in the Dark video game/Cthulhu genre, I'd recommend "In the Mouth of Madness" as one of the better B-grade Cthulhu movies out there. If you must watch it, wait for it on video. It ought to be coming our right.... about.... now.

Sarah Cynthia Sylvia View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 10:45am

Yes, it was a bad movie (I'm a long fan of movies so bad they're good).  Completely inept filmmaking - just the kind of work that seems to suit Christian Slater these days.  It should be a big red flag to the audience when the director opted to have someone VO the opening scroll.  When you can't trust your audience has the capability to read on their own, you know you're in for some cinematic genius.

Actually, even though it's a hellish picture, it's not the laugh-a-minute fest that Daredevil or Catwoman were.  Those I actually recommend to anyone with more foresight than Halle Berry's agent.

BooBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BooBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 11:41am

Well, the nominating ballots are gonna be sent out soon, (Next week, I believe), and here's hoping that this cinematic garbage dump gets more than it's share of nominations, and nabs Mr. Boll his first, in what will most likely be a long line of many, Worst Director Razzies.

-BooBerry

Robertin View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Robertin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 10:33am
I want to see it just for the pleasure of laughing at Miss Reid: a "queen of vapid" like her portraying an anthropologist (sp?), I mean, c´mon!!!
Wok View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Wok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Al Qaeda

We claim responsibility for this movie.

LOL. They are always one step ahead...

Beware of these movies:  If you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
PhotoTJ View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote PhotoTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 10:23am

Originally posted by #1-Film Freak!!

HOW can you vote for ALONE IN THE DARK in the Worst Picture Poll when DIRTY LOVE is also listed?? Maybe it's just me, but vomit-covered-bare-breasts tops ANYTHING awful about ALONE...and DIRTY LOVE is running a distant third!!!

I MUST see these cinematic masterworks!  I Must!

If the Jamacan pirates don't get ya, it'll be the cold embrace of the sea. And that's no lovers kiss.
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2005 at 9:27am
HOW can you vote for ALONE IN THE DARK in the Worst Picture Poll when DIRTY LOVE is also listed?? Maybe it's just me, but vomit-covered-bare-breasts tops ANYTHING awful about ALONE...and DIRTY LOVE is running a distant third!!!
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 7:26am
I just voted for ALONE IN THE DARK in the Forum Worst Picture Poll ( http://66.102.142.54/razzies/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=146&a mp;PN=1). It was running a distant second to SON OF THE MASK -- WAKE UP & VOTE, FOLKS!!!
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 4:26pm
ALONE IN THE DARK makes PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE look like GONE WITH THE WIND.
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 3:02am
I must join the legions of other post-ers bemoaning the fact that this Lumpa Krud is only RUNNER-UP in the current Razzie Worst Picture POLL...Come on! ALONE IN THE DARK makes SON OF THE MASK look like CASABLANCA!!
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Al Qaeda

We claim responsibility for this movie.
You people are incredibly evil! How could you do such a thing? Have you no humanity...or even taste?
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>