Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of All-Time RAZZIE® Champs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of All-Time RAZZIE® Champs
    Posted: August 12 2011 at 3:36pm
Crash winning goes beyond that... It shouldn't even been the runner up for Best Picture...
It shouldn't even have been nominated (it wasn't even nominated for the Globes)...

The film is bad... It has all the depth of a melodramatic television movie....
And it calls itself a anti-racism movie but meanwhile depicts Asians and Arabs as uneducated stereotypes... I was recently flipping through the channels and saw that Crash was on TV....
I tried rewatching, but I just couldn't... It's very unpleasent to watch...

Originally posted by Vits

Again...how many people are against CRASH mainly because they think the Oscars are homofobes?

As for The Departed... It's a decent and well made movie...
But it just feels very inferior when you put it next to Infernal Affairs....
I know someone who isn't even willing to watch it, because he liked the original that much...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 3:38pm
Yeah, all the past winners' reasons have been listed above. "Hurt Locker": gotta give Best Director to a woman, "Departed": gotta give Scorsese his long awaited props. "Crash": there's no gay cowboys there. In other words: politics.

And I'm not saying those were bad movie that didn't deserve to win, I'm just saying that they won for the wrong results. And no saturnwatcher, it wasn't because anyone was given "gifts" for their votes (although I'm sure it has happened in the past, but like I said, not to all 7000 members, just even to get the vote to swing in your direction).
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 6:17pm
I would agree with Head Razz that Goodnight and Goodluck should have won Best Picture in 2005. It is one of the most underrated films of the past decade or so, imho. 
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 6:58am
Really? I just saw it a high profile docu-drama and not much else. Sure, it was a nice little reminder of when the news actually challenged the government, rather than be its PR service, but I didn't consider it a Best Picture winner.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: So what would you have designated as 2005's Best Picture??  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 6:49pm
The stakes where higher than that in the time period this movie is portraying. They were again in 2005 and still are now. Most of the country just hasn't figured that out yet. But we have a considerable portion of the population that claims to hate and distrust government, yet allows themselves to be spoon fed by the PR arm of one political party (despite the fact that they also claim to hate and distrust the press). It was an important movie. Too bad more people didn't see it and really think about the message.

The wisdom of Edward R. Murrow:

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.
Everyone is a prisoner of his own experiences. No one can eliminate prejudices - just recognize them.  

Originally posted by Michaels

Really? I just saw it a high profile docu-drama and not much else. Sure, it was a nice little reminder of whe

n the news actually challenged the government, rather than be its PR service, but I didn't consider it a Best Picture winner.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 9:23pm
That's the thing, I think 2005 was just the wrong year for that movie to be released. If it were released today, it would have gotten more notice for the reasons stated above, since it speaks even more loudly today.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 9:32pm
I am inclined to disagree...2005 was a much more necessary time to release it. I doubt that it would get that much more attention today.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2012 at 7:30pm
I lost track of all of Adam Sandler's "wins" that I'm beginning to suspect he might have surpassed da gas bag known as Stallone...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 3:09pm
Stallone has won 10, while Sandler has won 5.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 8:29pm
Sandler actually has six. Worst Actor '99 for Big Daddy and Worst Actor, Actress, Screenplay, Screen Couple, and Ensemble '11 for Jack & Jill.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 6:56am
You're right. IMDB didn't list the nominees for Worst Ensemble because... well... too many names!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456