Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > SUPERMAN RETURNS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Check Box Office for SUPERMAN RETURNS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LBSWebsite1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LBSWebsite1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check Box Office for SUPERMAN RETURNS
    Posted: October 26 2006 at 6:18pm

Get this, John. 'Superman Returns" FINALLY went past $200 million!

Although international box office and IMAX returns will help it break even
from its budget for WB, I 'm really glad the box office was pleasing enough
to Bryan Singer for the return of Superman cause I really enjoyed the film
with newcomer Brandon Routh in the lead role.

IMHO, I don't think "Returns" deserves Razzing of any sort really...
If it's a bad idea for a movie - “Put it out of your mind. In no time, it will be a forgotten memory!” - Samuel Goldwyn
Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 3:11am

At least Superman finally soared ahead of Click!  I don't think I could have lived with a Sandler movie beating out The Man of Steel! 

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 2:17pm

True, If this was a Friday to Saturday Comparison, However since this is a Wednesday to Thursday Tally these numbers are actually not bad (especially compared to the 2 previously mentioned films, "King Kong" and "Batman Begins" from last year).

But, I am still waiting to see the Friday to Sunday numbers, plus along with the 4th of July being on a Tuesday, most people are going to take that Monday Off. That means the Man of Steal will get a little Vitamin "K" were he will need it.

I have already supplied my predictions for both worst and best case scenarios (Just follow the  LINK to see). Hopefully it will land somewhere between both.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 9:28am

SUPERMAN RETURNS is following the pattern of almost every "blockbuster" of 2006: Big opening night debut...followed by a big and fast drop-off (close to 50%). Here's the LINK for B.O. MoJo's Daily Grosses page to see how the rest of the holiday weekend goes for Kal El. MoJo should have Friday numbers by mid-afternoon PDT on Saturday, then projected projected full weekend  (thru Sunday) numbers by mid-day PDT on Sunday...

And here's the LINK to VOTE in our SUPERMAN RETURNS Box Office Prediction POLL...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 10:47am
And, it's the Wed. numbers!!  Most films would give their left testicle for a return like that on a Fri.!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 9:06am

Well, it least it got a better start than King Kong (9.5 million) and Batman Begins (15 million) did last year.

The true test of Superman's Box Office Power will be from Friday to Tuesday before we can offically say he was hit up with some Box Office Krypotonite.

Stay Tuned!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 6:28am
It's a nerd, it's a flame, it's...Box Office MoJo's Daily Grosses Page featuring SUPERMAN RETURNS...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply