Discussion of STUPID EX-G.F.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion of STUPID EX-G.F.
    Posted: June 09 2012 at 3:25pm
I jsut re-watched it, and gave it 1/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2006 at 2:05pm
Ivan Reitman seems to be living 20 years ago; he's bent on making another Ghostbusters and keeps trying too hard. 
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 5:13am
I also read a review of Super Ex-Girlfriend at the IMDb that clarified what was wrong with this movie.  People like to identify with a character they think they are like.  We all like to think we are capable of being a hero, but none of us think we are intolerable.   The ex-girlfriend that engages in harassment and violent acts of revenge is not someone we want to be like, nor is she someone we want to ever know. I think when people feel uncomfortable with a movie character's personality, they generally feel uncomfortable with the entire movie. I also think the opposite is true with characters we love to hate. For instance Lex Luthor in the original Superman movie, or how about the Joker in the first Batman movie (especially when he said "where does he (Batman) get those wonderful toys?").   Didn't you just love laughing at his meanness?
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 5:03am

I've picked up some more info on "My Super Ex-Girlfriend," none of it good: It's already tanked at the box office, and no one seems to like it. Ithink I'm going to wait to rent this one, maybe with a free coupon (my video store gives out a freebie with every 15 videos rented.)

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 9:26am
As of next week G-Spot will be nothing but a memory (It is sitting at No.12 right now) except come January when we start casting nominations.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 6:12pm
You GO Boy!!!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 6:07pm
Uma could pick me up and fly me anywhere
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 4:51pm

Well my friend, that is what it is shaping up to be at this point (at least the consensus over at Rotten Tomatoes). We'll probably find out in the near future what the Head RAZZ berry's take on this will be; but "Lady in the Water" or "The Lady's already past dead and please let me stay that way in the Water" I am sure will make our ballots at the end of this year (In at least 4 categories).

As far as G-Spot...I mean G-Girl (There I go again) should deserve at least one nomination in the writing department; For the very least for not coming up with a better name than G-Girl???

My Super Ex-Girlfriend Movie Stills: Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson, Anna Faris, Ivan Reitman

Also maybe one for wardrobe? The costumes really suck !!!

Words to live by:
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 1:45pm
That's because, Lady in the Water is a guilded turd while and Super X is between good and mediocre.

This is NOT the worst film of the week. Not, by any means, a possible Razzie "winner" while Lady most definately IS.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 2:43am

QUICK UPDATE: Razz, you're not going to believe this, but old G-Spot is up to 55% on the Tomato-reader, almost fresh levels!! Either the people who made the trailer for this movie should be nominated for a Razzie, or the critics were on some kind of "Chemical Refreshment" when reviewing it.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend Movie Stills: Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson, Anna Faris, Ivan Reitman

Meanwhile, "Lady Already Sunk in the Water" is clinging for dear life to a mere 24% approval rating!

How's that for Ironic!

Lady in the Water Movie Stills: Bryce Dallas Howard, Paul Giamatti, Jeffrey Wright, M. Night Shyamalan

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 10:26am

The reviews for the adventures of G-Spot...Whoops! I did it again (Wow, now tell me if you had not heard that one before) of course I meant G-Girl! Anyways the reviews are sitting at about 44% (But I am sure that will change in the next day or two). I do not see this getting too much higher, but it could drop below 30%.

What really surprises me is the reversal of fortune between G-Spot/G-Girl (Both Work) and "Lady in the Water" which is sitting right now at only about 20%...

Words to live by:
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 6:07am
Yo, Nasty Man -- I sure HOPE this isn't  as dumb as LITTLE MAN! I just checked the credits on The IMDb (LINK) and this film's screenwriter has a long-term affiliation with The Simpsons, one of my favorite funny TV shows of all time. Maybe it won't suck after all??  
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 5:21am

I'll probably go see this when it goes to mark down for some good laughs (lord know I need them these days).....

By the way...Who the heck came up with "G-GIRL"???

Let me guess...It has something to do with her most coveted inner best kept secret that she has over the mortal male race...Her "G-SPOT"!!! 

One last thought RAZZ, When seeing the still from this movie posted above, the first thought that came to mind was: "Hey Uma, Luke...we got a call from Dick Donner. He said he'd like his scene back!" 

Words to live by:
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 4:57am
From that one TV spot they seem to be running every 8 minutes on cable TV channels, this movie looks incredibly bad -- Not as incredibly bad as LITTLE MAN, but still...
Everything SUX!
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 10:19am

Hey, at least I'm glad this is on the list now. This definitely looks like another bad superheroine movie, joining in with Supergirl (1984)-which gotten some Razzie noms in '84, and Catwoman (2004)-winning Worst Actress, Director, and Picture of 2004.

Note to HeadRAZZBerry: I also was thinking RAZZIE when I first heard about this film and even more so when I saw the trailer for it...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 4:58pm

Hey, this could be one of those Crossover movies like "Freddy Vs. Jason", You know "Supergirl Vs. Old School".

Words to live by:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>