Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > YOU, ME & DUPREE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion of YOU, ME & DUPREE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion of YOU, ME & DUPREE
    Posted: July 12 2006 at 2:47am

ALL BUT PROVING THERE REALLY IS NOTHING ORIGINAL COMING OUT of HOLLYWOOD in 2006, YOU ME & DUPREE "BORROWS" ITS MAIN PLOT POINTS from the CLASSIC STAGE PLAY and FILM THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER ...BUT OWEN WILSON IS NO MONTY WOOLLEY, MATT DILLON IS...WELL, MATT DILLON, and KATE HUDSON MAY BE CUTE, BUT (DARE WE SAY IT) SHE'S CERTAINLY NO BETTE DAVIS...

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS, DISAGREE (or SIMPLY DISS) BELOW...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 4:44am
Yeah, When I first saw the trailer for this my first thought was: "I'll probably see this on my RAZZIE Ballot next January!"
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 6:10am

For those of you not familiar with The Man Who Came to Dinner, here's a LINK to the IMDb page for the 1942 movie version of it, which starred Monty Wooley (from the original stage production) Bette Davis and Ann Sheridan.

And, yes, the two films' plotz do sound awfully similar...

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 5:09pm

I saw this movie tonight...

All I can say is, what a waste of two hours of my life that I can never get back...Owen Wilson AND the rest of the movie wore out their welcome before the opening credits had even finished.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 4:19am

As a post script, if we had a category for Worst Screen Threesome, Wilson, Dillion and Hudson should win hands down. However, there are 3 strong contenders for Worst Screen Couple in this one movie:

Dillon and Hudson

Wilson and Hudson

Dillon and Wilson

I've seen better onscreen chemistry between actors and CGI effects. I was left frequently wondering if any of the actors were actually in the same city when any of the scenes were filmed, or if the whole thing was just spliced together.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 4:56pm
I still remember the Orson Welles version of "The Man Who Came To
Dinner" from the 70s. Orson chewed up the script and made me laugh so
hard, I thought I had to wear a truss for the rest of my life.

Even if Owen Wilson went to Pinks and ate 16 hotdogs, 5 bags of fries, 4
bottles of soda and 2 or 3 pieces of cake daily for a month (like Welles
allegedly did), he MAY wind up looking like Welles, but he would still have
less talent than Ed Wood
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 2:59am
My question is: Who did Owen Wilson sleep with in order to be in movies? Mucho lousy "actor".
Fred Cooper
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 9:31am

I just watched this movie, and here's the thing. There were some funny parts, but it was pretty much dumb. Oh, and from one of the posting's from another forum, this can actually describe all that of both Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell, and Owen Wilson. Still, Wilson did an excellent job playing the voice of Lightning McQueen in CARS.

Ya hear that, Will, Vince, and Owen!

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 6:40am
I wouldn't say this is garbage. I actually had fun watching it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 10:05am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

As a post script, if we had a category for Worst Screen Threesome, Wilson, Dillion and Hudson should win hands down. However, there are 3 strong contenders for Worst Screen Couple in this one movie:

Dillon and Hudson

Wilson and Hudson

Dillon and Wilson

I've seen better onscreen chemistry between actors and CGI effects. I was left frequently wondering if any of the actors were actually in the same city when any of the scenes were filmed, or if the whole thing was just spliced together.

Actually,the Razzies could've nominated it for "Worst Screen Couple" for the 3 together,or a variation.

And B.T.W.,the problem with the movie is that they realized they couldn't make 2 hours of DUPREE ruinin'ev'rythin',so they made the storyline in which CARL gets jealous,which ruins the movie's tone.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:58pm
The problem of the movie is stated above in that clipping. This movie sucks because i'ts just about the "Frat Pack" doing what they do best (or worst), comedy about grown men who refuse to grow up.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 1:47pm
I doubt it.It's not really my type of humour,but a lot of people enjoy it.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Vits

I doubt it.It's not really my type of humour,but a lot of people enjoy it.
I guess people just love seeing grown men act the part of the lovable moron.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 2:42pm
Now come on.Like I said,it's not really our type of humour,but most of their movies have had good reviews:
-BOTTLE ROCKET(grrr!).
-PERMANENT MIDNIGHT.
-MEET THE PARENTS.
-ZOOLANDER.
-OLD SCHOOL.
-STARSKY & HUTCH.
-DODGEBALL.
-ANCHORMAN.
-WEDDING CRASHERS.
-BLADES OF GLORY.
-TROPIC THUNDER.
-THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN.
-TALLADEGA NIGHTS.
-IDIOCRACY.
-WALK HARD.
-PINEAPPLE EXPRESS.
-MARLEY & ME.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 1:52pm
I just wrote a review on Rotten Tomatoes about this movie. here's a LINK to read it... 
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 4:20pm
Is there any reason why we're dredging this mess up after almost 4 years? I am sure there is newer sludge we can dig up for this year -- Honest! Sleepy  
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>