Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > JOHN TUCKER MUST DIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Yer Outa Luck, Brother TUCKER!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yer Outa Luck, Brother TUCKER!
    Posted: July 26 2006 at 4:11am

FROM THE DIRECTOR of HOWARD STERN's PRIVATE PARTS (OH-OH!) FEATURING 2005 WORST ACTRESS RAZZIE "WINNER" JENNY McCARTHY in a SMALL ROLE (OH, NO!) and LOOKING LIKE a BADLY-LIT SIT-COM (SEE BELOW) THIS HAS ALL the EARMARKS of a TOTALLY FORGETTABLE FILM...

AND by RAZZIE BALLOT TIME, EVERYONE BUT OUR VOTING MEMBERS HAD FORGOTTEN IT! 

Not that we aren't riveted by the dramatic impact of this pivotal scene, but....is that the back of Conan O'Brien's head in the background?!?!?

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 4:19am
This actually doesn't even look good enough to be a network sit-com -- It looks more like a Disney Channel cable movie (except that Disney Channel would've sprung to have Raven play the Black chick, so at least someone in it was a recognizable name)... 
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 4:23am
Forgettable? YES! In a year where we've already got BASIC INSTINCT 2, POSEIDON, LARRY THE CABLE GUY: HEALTH INSPECTOR, BENCHWARMERS and now LADY IN THE WATER to choose from, JOHN TUCKER doesn't even cut it as a Razzie contender.  It truly deserves to be forgotten...unless you come up with a Truly Trashy Teen-Sploitation category.
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 6:01am
Why even bother releasing piffle like this in theatres, where it'll never even make back its marketing costs?  Why not just go Direct-to-Cable...or, better yet (given its target audience) Direct-to-Ipod!!
Everything SUX!
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 6:05am

The plot of this movie looks suspiciously like one of those 1960s drive-in movies starring some mid-level "rock 'n' roll star" -- like the day-long marathon running on TCM today (July 26).

Only TUCKER doesn't even have the dozen-or-so lame-o song-and-dance numbers that at least made some of those 60s movies watchable! 

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 3:29pm
It sounds like a Jerry Lewis movie with Sammy Petrillo in the lead role
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 4:11pm

Looking at this poster for this movie, showing the backside of a girl in a tank top and panties, I still have one question: Which one of the girls in the movie is on this poster?

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 5:31pm

Of course, I would choose to see Miami Vice...

...over this movie. Though there is this one scene where this one girl in a red bra and panties gives the other girls the idea to have John Tucker wear women's panties...

Click to view full size image

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
LBSWebsite1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote LBSWebsite1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 12:03pm
Hey, again. I just read what Slant Magazine had to say, dishing their take on dead 'Tucker,' but at IMDB.com, Newsday's film reviewer John Anderson has a better explanation about probably going straight to #1 this weekend, (I hope to God it doesn't, save Miami Vice or 'Pirates' to take first!)

While the movie is set at a high school, the film is "less an institution of learning than it is a sanitarium for the chronically aroused. Having apparently adopted a policy of 'No child's behind left behind,' Forest Hills High (in 'Tucker') is a debauch on the brink of an orgy.  The school," Anderson continues, "is a fitting setting to confirm 'two things moviegoers have long suspected: 1) That all teenagers care about is sex, and 2) That what gets the go-ahead in contemporary Hollywood isn't a movie that will be entertaining, or even make sense, but one whose concept -- and only its concept -- can most easily be sold."

'John Tucker Must Die' "has everything the marketing department at Fox, or any studio, dreams about. Good-looking young people to put on the poster and a theme that appeals to audiences' worst instincts," and represents "everything that's wrong with movies today."

BTW, from my last post, I have perfected the best year-round category to consider for the Razzie Awards ...

Most Asinine Executive(s) to Greenlight an Idea/Development for any Film

If I had my way with the vote, I'd pick the whole Sony Pictures Executive Board!

Can you believe the crap they came out with this year!  At least 5-10 pictures have come from their Screen Gems, [or SCREEN GERMS] label that haven't been screened for critics and bombed!

My advice, they ought to retire the label should they give a damn about making good films anymore...

If it's a bad idea for a movie - “Put it out of your mind. In no time, it will be a forgotten memory!” - Samuel Goldwyn
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 2:23pm
How little they all realize that most young people would back away from anyone their age who behaved in the manner these characters do in complete revulsion; just about everyone I new personally in high school--more or less everybody--would.  Just another shining example of how they're all lost in their own funhouses. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2007 at 4:10pm

My sister said she went and saw this movie over at her friend's house, and she said that it was an OK movie, but not her type of movie. I think that's just girls who think that. This was a lot like a chick flick, and there have been plenty of bad chick flicks that are as worse as this one, but some are just plain bad.

P.S. This is the second year in a row that Jenny McCarthy has gotten a Razzie nom, this time, as Worst Supporting Actress (after winning last year's Worst Actress Razzie, as well as Worst Screenplay and Worst Picture, as a producer for Dirty Love). So, I guess Razzie voters didn't forget about this movie after all!

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 5:01am
I know up next for Brittany Snow is Hairspray, also with John Travolta in drag. I think it's gonna be pretty scary seeing John Travolta dressed as a lady. We've already seen a bunch of other actors that have dressed up as ladies, some had male roles but dressed up as ladies.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 5:26pm
I know now one of those movies in which a male actor has played a male role dressed up as a female has gotten a Razzie nom, and we all know which movie it is.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 6:49am
Originally posted by sportsartist24

Looking at this poster for this movie, showing the backside of a girl in a tank top and panties, I still have one question: Which one of the girls in the movie is on this poster?

I've been wondering about that too. I know it's not Ashanti cause the skin color is not exactly dark. By far, it could be Brittany Snow or Sophia Bush or Arielle Kebbel. But it's just hard to tell who ot is since the poster doesn't show the top of the head. But my best answer would be Brittany Snow, but I'm not exactly sure on that, but that's the best that I can say on that. But if anyone else has any opinions on who it could be, then you can say it.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 3:30am
Besides Date Movie, I'm probably gonna rent this film for Valentine's Day. It's probably not appropriate for Valentine's Day, but still. I already know it's pretty bad, the same for Date movie.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 2:19am
Well, just watched this film as well, and it was not the best film to watch for Valentine's Day. It's just about 4 girls who are just trying to kiil a popular guy. Ok, seriously, doesn't anything like get annoying at all?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>