Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > DOES SLY DESERVE a WORST CAREER ACHIEVEMENT RAZZIE®??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HEAR Stallone Sing (OUCH!!!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HEAR Stallone Sing (OUCH!!!)
    Posted: August 09 2006 at 4:39am
With Wing as his leading lady...

I don't know...throw Gilbert Gottfried and Bob Goldthwaite in there as well...
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 12:44pm
OR....

William Shatner DOES sing it...

...in Esperanto!
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:36pm
Razilla, even worse would be if Lawrence Welk had done a cover version of
it, with Guy and Ralna singing amid the champagne bubbles...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 5:21am
It still could be worse...it could have been William Shatner singing it...
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 4:51pm
Things could be worse.

He could have done a hip hop rap version of Drinkenstein, and done some
break dancing in the middle of it...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 4:08pm
Holy CRAP!!!!

He sounds worse than Eilert Pilarm...
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 12:41pm

Razz, has anyone ever transcribed the lyrics for DRINKENSTEIN? I swear I have lost count of the times I've played it back and forth on the DVD, yet there are still several lines I cannot figure out; I'm just so mesmerized watching Stallone dressed up like a pimp on Sesame Street!

Response from Head RAZZberry: Your wish is my command -- Below, scanned from the Lyric Sheet enclosed in the Soundtrack CD of RHINESTONE, are the lyrics to "Drinkenstein"... 

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 10:42am
Mitch Miller would have NEVER EVER EVER EVER forced his audience to sing Drinkenstein....and Mrs. Miller never would have sang it...although she wouldn't have been any worse.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 4:00pm
Head Razz:

The sad thing is that when I 'SING ALONG WITH MITCH, er, SLY" on the
Rhinestone DVD, I actually hit the notes.

I still remember going to a Karaoke bar in Little Tokyo back in the mid 80s
with some friends and they were actually singing to "Drinkenstein". It took
years of chemical refreshment to recover from that
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 12:19am

God. As I have only seen Rhinestone for the first time last week, the memory of what I now simply call "the horror" is still fresh...

I found myself LITTERALLY laughing and crying at the same time whilst cringing furiously out of utter embarassment...and I realised I was covering my face with my hands and peeping between my fingers , excatly in the same way I used to when I was a kid watching horror movies!!

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 6:22am

It's one thing to hear Sylvester sing.   BUT...

It's another to SEE him sing this on the Rhinestone DVD!

Response from Head RAZZberry: Indeed, in this case, seeing IS dis-believing. Imagine, as you listen to the track using the LINK above, that Sylvester is wearing pointy-toed cowboy boots and a skintight yellow-and-blue polyester pantsuit, topped by a floppy coonskin cap..and that his face has the expression of an angry ferret defending its family's nest. Then imagine...you're NOT imagining -- 'Cause that is what Sly's wearing (on both his body and his face) while singing "Drinkenstein" in RHINESTONE. When put together with the above described visuals, this clip "ranks" as one of the All-Time Berry Biggest Laugh-Getters in ALL of RAZZIE History. And if Duh Sly Guy duzz "win" a Worst Career Achievement RAZZIE at next Spring's 27th Annual Awards, I have a feeling it'll be getting Berry Big Laughs all over again... 

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 6:07am
Aw, c'mon, Head RAZZberry -- Let's BE cruel!  Here's a LINK that will supposedly let you download an MP-3 of Mrs. Miller singing "Downtown," which is such a hoot that it actually made the Billboard charts in the mid-60s. But it's actually NOT her funniest recording. That'd be her cover version of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made for Walking," which for some reason does not seem to be available on the Net...
Everything SUX!
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 4:49am

Speaking of the worst damn vocalists of all time, I just had a scary thought -- How about a duet featuring Sly and...Mrs. Miller, the painfully off-key 60s singer who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket??

Response from Head RAZZberry: For any of you who don't know who Mrs. Miller is (or was) here's a LINK to read up on her. I'd ad a link to LISTEN to her, but that would just be too cruel, even for us!

Everything SUX!
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 4:48am

OMG!!  I've heard run-over dogs that sounded less pitiful!

Knowing he couldn't sing worth beans, I think Sly was trying to be silly here, but even with that proviso, this totally sucked...At last, some competition for Shatner's title as the worst damn vocalist of all time!

Everything SUX!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:51pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! And I thought his ACTING was bad! 

After that, Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins sounds like a Mozart aria... 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

We think you'll agree, it's one of the SCARIEST VOCAL PERFORMANCES ever committed!!

...but unfortunately for us, they did not commit Stallone for it...

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>