Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > The Very Best of Hollywood's BERRY Worst
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

XANADU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XANADU
    Posted: October 29 2010 at 7:48pm
And now the movie is a Broadway musical. Go figure!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2010 at 8:14am
I gave it 3/10.Here's my review:

THERE'S A PLACE CALLED "XANADU" WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T DARE TO GO TO.THERE'S A SAME TITLED SONG YOU SHOULD HEAR INSTEAD(**/*****): 

The movie just doesn't know what it is.On one hand,it's a feel-good pop/disco musical that's fun for a family to watch together.On the other hand,it's a romantic drama where the conflict it's only on paper(specially the climax). 

We were lied by the marketing.Even though we weren't supossed to turn off our brains in order to watch this,we didn't expect to over-think.The scenes that were left open ended up feeling like plotholes,and the movie didn't need more than it already had.It took me a few minutes to understand the ending,not because I wasn't paying attention,but because the movie seemed like something that would explain everything at the end. 

I know that in musicals the songs are the most important,but in this case,they just save the movie.Although I'm glad for the variety of genres.However,that doesn't mean the musical numbers were good.Yes,they were cheesy but creative in their own way.Still,half of them didn't make sense plot-wise. 

Grades: D- in the U.S. and 3,0 in Chile.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 5:21am
This film contained one of the most precious bad moments in movie history, when Oliva Newton-John and the block of wood that played the male lead looked up "muse" in the dictionary, so that all the dumb people in the audience would know what  a muse was. When you hold your audience in that low of a regard, you must already know you are making a seriously bad film.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
PhotoTJ View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote PhotoTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 9:53am
What's to discuss?  You hit the nail exactly on the head!
If the Jamacan pirates don't get ya, it'll be the cold embrace of the sea. And that's no lovers kiss.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 3:22am

The Berry BEST Bad-Disco-Roller-Skating-Olivia-Newton-John-ELO-Dippy-Drippy -Trippy-Movie-Musical EVER made!

Now feel free to DISCUSS IT amongst yourselves!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply