An $80 million Sci Fi "DINOSAUR"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An $80 million Sci Fi "DINOSAUR"
    Posted: January 23 2011 at 12:23pm
1. Well yeah, that sorta makes sense. If the animal was going to die any way, they are not changing the course of history. However, killing an animal that was going to live for many more years and be a critical part of evolving into something else, yeah, that is altering history. 

2. Hollywood makes tons of excuses for itself. When you have millions of dollars at stake, you will do questionable things. Just look at Wall Street for another example. They claim they MUST be paid millions for their services, even though they let their companies go out of business so they can get fat bonuses anyway. That's just how greed works. 

Originally posted by Vits

1)According to the movie universe's rules, they can kill animals if they were going to die anyway. 
2)But is that a passable excuse?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 12:01pm
1)According to the movie universe's rules, they can kill animals if they were going to die anyway. 

2)But is that a passable excuse? 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 9:12am
What, their rules for time travel? Well, they had the hunt fixed so that the T-Rex would die even if they shot it, so that wouldn't change history. But killing a butterfly that was suppose to evolve into something else, that changed history. So as a result, changing history changed how other animal evolved, too. So then Ed Burns had to go back in time and stop the butterfly from being stepped on, and everything was fixed ... except the poor script, bad acting, crappy CGI, etc.

But yeah, if a studio is out of money, they'll just throw something together in hope of making money off of it, hence bad CGI.  

Originally posted by Vits

Would you be so kind to answer the questions of my previous post?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 6:48am
And there are others like Uwe Boll that use actual video-game footage.

W
ould you be so kind to answer the questions of my previous post?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2011 at 11:04pm
It's almost like George Lucas' ILM is the only CGI company that can make great CGI, everyone else just makes cartoonish, glossy, video game looking s***.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2011 at 3:53pm
I just saw this.

There are some issues about the time travel logic here,but I don't know.Every movie has it's own rules.I also wonder if the studio going broke is a good excuse for the bad effects(I felt I was playing a video-game).

I give this 3/10.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

GO, Baboon-osaurs, GO!

That's brilliant!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
OTAKU View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote OTAKU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 12:02pm

I just saw the trailer. And the Wikipedia article.

They freaking BUTCHERED that story! I had to read the story in English class this year and now that i've seen the plot................

You think if some political guy from the future came back and sat on Peter Hyams, someone would try to replace him too? 

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 4:40pm

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Reply to Landypoo -- If you were "on duty" at the theatre when you watched SOUND OF THUNDER, you actually got paid to see it, unlike the other 27 people across America (myslef includued) who PAID to see it!

Hmm, that makes you, me...and I wonder who the other 25 suckers were?

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 11:22am
The real drag was it was a really good story. I was really looking forward to a movie adaptation. I saw names like Edward Burns, Ben Kingsley and thought yipeee! Then the early reviews came out, and they alone kept me away. I'll probably rent it one "B" movie night to see what everyone is talking about.

On a side note with all the crap being made these days I think the studios should go back to the story - (see: Brokeback ), rather than trying to outdo each other by "Bruckheimer-ing" everything to death. Ray Bradbury's stories are so well written and rich I never understood why more aren't shot. Illustated Man, R is for Rocket, Martian Chronicles, Golden Apples of the Sun...
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 7:41am
Reply to Landypoo -- If you were "on duty" at the theatre when you watched SOUND OF THUNDER, you actually got paid to see it, unlike the other 27 people across America (myslef includued) who PAID to see it!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Landypoo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Landypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 5:22am
I am OUTRAGED that this DIDN'T get nominated for a Razzie....

It is by far one of the worst movies I have EVER seen.....

I didn't pay for it because I work at a theater but let me tell you.... I still wanted my money back.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 2:49am

SOUND OF THUNDER is only showing in 8 theaters nationwide now, and will likely completely disappear after today (Thursday, Oct. 6). It's unlikely to get much of an international release (the rest of the world already hates us enough, so why risk it?).

With somewhat less than a $2 million box-office take to date, THUNDER will only have to recoup $78 million in video sales and rentals to get to the breakeven point. The guess here is that it will fall short by about...$70 million. Obviously this is going to rank among the greatest box-office disasters in cinematic history.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 9:38am

WHOA! I just checked B.O. Mojo on this one to see How Far Down It Has Sunk...On Monday, October 4, it's TOTAL GROSS "nationwide" was...$139.00.  And it's per-screen average was...$17.00.

Guess it can now officially be considered...EX-STINK-T!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 8:21am
BOO-HOO! I finally tried to see this one at my local multiplex today, and it was already GONE! Talk about a Fast Fade Out!!!
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 8:52am
How did something like this EVER EVEN GET MADE? The bluescreen stuff was even worse than the old FLASH GORDON serials of the 1930s, the script just plain SUCKED and the acting, OMG! They spent $80 million on this? No wonder Franchise Pictures went the way of the dinosaurs!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>