Nothing to Crow About...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nothing to Crow About...
    Posted: September 30 2012 at 4:17pm
Skip to 05:47.

Any thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Mrs. Magnatech View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mrs. Magnatech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 4:41pm

Dumb movie...but not quite bad enough for the Razzies. 

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2007 at 3:17pm

Ok, I finally saw this film and I actually liked it a lot more than I thought it would. I thought it would've been an average thriller but it was more than that! It made you think! Still, there are some minor holes (like the inconsistent scars) but overall, it was actually really good. And I heard people didn't like this movie because of the ending...

WELL SPOILERS!!!

well...why do people complain of the hollywood happy sappy ending? If they always complain each movie ends happily, and Premonition did not, then why are people complaining now, They all say "it was all for nothing". Well, how about Usual Suspects, Night of the Living Dead, and Saw and other movie ending with the bad guys winning over?

Can't you say all those movies were for nothing? I like it because, of course, it wasn't the usual happy ending but because it was happy in the end. She doesn't grieve over her husbands death because she is pregnant (from him). It all fits well.

END SPOILERS

THat's why I liked the movie. And yes, I think audiences like this film while critics did not.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Criss808

I think Sandra Bullock is a terrible actress. The only two movies I've ever liked her in was "Crash" and "Infamous". Other than that, I think she's very UNfunny, and remindes me alot of Fran Drescher from "The Nanny".

I agree, except for "Infamous". I saw this with my mom, a big Bullock fan, and she hated!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 4:50am

I think Sandra Bullock is a terrible actress. The only two movies I've ever liked her in was "Crash" and "Infamous". Other than that, I think she's very UNfunny, and remindes me alot of Fran Drescher from "The Nanny".

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 6:14am
This movie was one big headache, with deja vu and "RAZZIE" written all over it... 
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 2:25am
I just saw this movie. It wasn't awful, but there are many things I didn't like about it, which I don't feel like discussing right now. However, I will say, Sandra Bullock was not Razzie worthy! She was the best part of the film.
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 6:23pm

WOW! Just saw this on DVD -- What an idiotic, irritating, pointless movie! It was often convoluted in ways that actually seemed hostile to the audience -- And when all was said and done, it wasn't even as satisfying as an old "Twilight Zone" episode...At least those were only 30 minutes long, not 90+ !!!

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 7:23am
The Really sad part is that I just barely remember it being released earlier this year (It was this year right?) Anyways, I think the Lake House was just a tad better than this waste of time! (Get it, waste of TIME).
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:26pm
I walked over to Best Buy and I thought I saw that PREMONITION has been released on DVD in stores. All I have to say about that is, UGH!! I didn't really enjoy that movie at all.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 5:51pm

Major spoilers.

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Has fatalism suddenly become entertaining?  Well, maybe in some movie I can't recall or have yet to view, but certainly NOT in this one. 

Earlier today, three movies about fatalism came to my mind - the Final Destination movies.  What does it say about Premonition when Final Destination makes the same point in, dare I say, a more satisfying way?

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 7:56pm

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS

Originally posted by cvcjr13

So, lump it in with Aeon Flux and Silent Hill.  The critics hate it, and the audience seems to be polarized about it.

Well, it's time to eat crow, especially after watching the crow.  A dead crow.  That has a lot of blood despite being long past dead and electrocuted.  And is full of maggots and horseflies, as if we were watching the Amityville Horror.

I liked Aeon Flux, and I liked Silent Hill.  However, Premonition failed to foresee its own disaster.  Anyone who read the script beforehand should have had a premonition.

Take Linda Hanson's (Bullock) daughter Bridgette (Courtney Taylor Burgess).  On the day Linda finds out her husband, Jim (Julian McMahon) is dead, Linda puts stickers on the glass door and Bridgette's face doesn't have a single scar.  However, the film reveals that Bridgette plowed through the glass door BEFORE Jim's death, and all other scenes after this incident have her scarred up.  So why isn't she scarred in the scene the day after his death?

But that's not the worst part.  The movie plods, like hiking through the mud in combat boots while carrying 200 pounds on your back.  I looked at my watch no fewer than 10 times through this movie.  It failed to captivate me.

That's still not the worst part, though.  That would go to the ending.  SPOILER.  What's the point of bouncing a character back and forth through space and time, which includes a lecture about fighting for what you believe in, when your child still winds up scarred from running through the glass door, when you still wind up being held for psychiatric observation with a needle in your arm, when your repentant husband still winds up dead, and, even worse, when you find out that you had a hand in causing his death.  What is the point of that?  Has fatalism suddenly become entertaining?  Well, maybe in some movie I can't recall or have yet to view, but certainly NOT in this one.  And what was this thing that Linda believed in that she was to fight for?  Maybe her family?  Is that it?  Can't tell with this movie. 

This doesn't even address the fact that the driver of the tanker truck that killed Jim should have seen Linda on the scene.  The driver would be able to place her at the scene of her husband's death, making the sheriff's notification the next day unnecessary.  And, really, with Linda being the woman that she is, I doubt she would have left the scene before the police arrived.

To be fair, the acting was excellent except for McMahon's dull performance.  Because of the acting and a few inspired moments, I gave it a generous 4 at IMDb.  That said, the HeadRazzberry points out that a star of Bullock's calibre and (at least at one time) box office draw should have seen the flaws in the script and demanded that they be corrected.  If she didn't say yes, it would not have been made.  I don't mind time yet another time travel movie, as long as it holds my interest.  So if Bill Kelly is nominated for worst screenplay and Mennan Yapo for worst director, I'll be voting for them, and I'd recommend Sandra Bullock for worst actress and Julian McMahon for worst supporting actor unless there are even worse out there (Epic Movie and Blood and Chocolate being two of them).

Fresh in DC View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fresh in DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 8:35pm

I think Premonition deserves a C for CRAP!!! This movie was god awful, i only saw it because i couldnt see 300. I had a nice nap though, and a few laughs. Like when The ladys daughter jogs toward a sliding glass door and breaks it with her face resulting in heavy cgi bleeding. Should have been a commercial for windex. I like how they spend 5 minutes on Sandra Bullock making a sad face to show that she is sad. I like how they spend 5 minutes on Sandra bullock making a confused face to show how she is confused. I like how the movie ended without solving anything really and not changing anything from the begginning. I like how nia long had four lines in this movie ,nd they didnt have anything to do with anything but some good reviewers said she gave a powerful performance. This movie was sooooooo Gay. OMG. It was pointless. People who said it was a good movie are so Homo. They try and make it seem more complicated than it really is.

Actual Review:

" This movie started to freak me out, and confuse me. I guess it's important to know the meaning of the word "Premonition" before you watch a movie with that title. "

No bull thats a real review.

Not That Confusing the trailer is the entire movie.

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 5:37am
I guess Ms. Bullock should had own PREMONITION before she signed on to make this film.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 5:29am

Originally posted by Razzilla

Come on...it can't be THAT bad...it only has 8% approval at RT at this time...

Critics are at 8%, but the users are at 59%.  At this point, it seems this is one of those movies that the critics hate but the rest of the audience likes.

Notice I said "like", not "love".  Although it seems good number of users have given it 4-1/2 to 5 stars, there have been enough low user votes to pull the overall total down to 59%.

The user rating at IMDb is 5.3.  Even though 58% of the users gave it a higher rating, the 28 users among the top 1000 gave it an average of 4.8, pulling the overall total down. 

So, lump it in with Aeon Flux and Silent Hill.  The critics hate it, and the audience seems to be polarized about it.

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 9:58am
Come on...it can't be THAT bad...it only has 8% approval at RT at this time...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>