Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > PREMONITION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Nothing to Crow About...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nothing to Crow About...
    Posted: March 17 2007 at 7:13am

I know that she has been in some terrible movies, but just because the movie is terrible doesn't mean she is terrible in it. I got the impression from the HeadRAZZ that for Bullock: bad movie=bad performance, but I could be totally wrong.

Here is a link to an article in my local newspaper about how Bullock is often very good even when he vehicle is not: www.accessatlanta.com/movies/content/movies/stories/2007/03/ 15/0316MMbullock.html

Response from Head RAZZberry: My point in the previous posting, which may not have been clear, is that without Sandra Bullock agreeing to star in it, something like PREMONITION would never have been made. And if the script -- which almost every review has pointed to as one of the film's major flaws -- stinks, then Bullock signing on to star in it -- and thus, in a sense, "causing it to be made" -- deserves some a fair share of the blame...

jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 7:32am

I read one review on IMDb that said the Bullock was good, but Julian McMahon (a.k.a. Dr. Doom), who plays Bullock's husband, was terrible.

McMahon could be on the ballot this year for worst supporting actor for both this movie and The Fantastic Four 2, because acording to IMDb, his characters is coming back.

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 8:35am
She was also good in Crash...
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 11:08am

She was very good in Crash, and some idiot says she picks bad movies like Crash. Hello, it won Best Picture! I don't think McMahon will win Worst Supporting Actor because he's not that bad in Fantastic Four, nor will he be in the sequel.

For the user who questioned about other "Premonition" films, they are actually a trilogy BASED on premonition. They are part of the Final Destination franchise. They are actually smart horror movies with GREAT, let me repeat, great and original kills. The beginning of each movie always starts with a premonition by the main character (having a foreseeing of a deadly accident) which makes him/her carry other people out. They finally see the premonition comes true and the survivors start dying one by one in grisly (mostly gory) ways. As you have read, I'm a HUGE Final Destination fan and they're really smart horror movies (3rd was the worst). It's kinda hard to understand because there are these rules and death things you have to understand.

Response from Head RAZZberry: While your defense of the Final Destination / Premonition trilogy is spirited, your comment that CRASH winning Best Picture somehow automatically anoints it as a great film is somewhat naive. Numerous times (especially in the last 30 years) the Academy has failed to name the year's actual BEST Picture as their winner. A perfect case in point: The nominees for Best Picture of 1976 included ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, NETWORK and TAXI DRIVER -- any one of which film historians would rank as greater films than that year's Best Picture Oscar winner, ROCKY. While the original ROCKY is the best thing Stallone ever did, it was obviously a sentimental choice, and over the years has not retained the status of any of the three far superior competitors it won over...

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 3:42pm
HeadRazz, you mention "Speed 2: Cruise Control" was a major mis-step for her? And I agree. What about the original "Speed", one of the best action-thrillers of the last 15 years?

I like Sandra Bullock somewhat. She should've gotten an Oscar nom for "Crash", even if her role was 7-10 minutes in that film. (Bullock, Thandie Newton, and Michael Peńa should've all been nominated for that excellent movie.). Her best mistake: not starring in "Million Dollar Baby"
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 4:22pm
28 Days, Two Week's Notice, Divine Secret's of the Ya Ya Sisterhood (the biggest secret was that all of their other secrets were incredibly boring), all of these were pretty bad recent career choices on the part of Bullock. I've noticed that she always seems to play the part of a professional woman of some sort who never actually has to go to work. Where do I  get a gig like that? On the whole, I think she is a capable actress...but she might want to give her agent a fierce beating, fire him and get some capable representation.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 3:29am
Well, I was happy that Crash won Best Picture. I completely agree with their choise. I'm also happy Happy Feet won best animated feature!
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 4:39am

I Just found out that on Boxofficemojo.com that Premonition came in Third behind The Wild Hogs with $18,000,000 coming in first is 300

1 300
Warner Bros.

$10,000,000

+83.5% / $3,058
$106,288,000 / 8
$12,400,000

+24% / $3,792
$118,688,000 / 9
$8,800,000

-29% / $2,691
$127,473,000 / 10

N/A
2 WILD HOGS
Buena Vista

$5,511,000

+160.4% / $1,640
$90,679,000 / 15
$8,607,000

+56.2% / $2,562
$99,286,000 / 16
$4,707,000

-45.3% / $1,401
$103,993,000 / 17

N/A
3 PREMONITION
Sony / Columbia

$6,400,000

-- / $2,261
$6,400,000 / 1
$7,175,000

+12.1% / $2,534
$13,575,000 / 2
$4,425,000

-38.3% / $1,563
$18,000,000 / 3

N/A

Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 6:13am
I don't like this kind of film, and watching the trailer confirms my bad opinion of this kind of flick.   Movies like this never seem to answer the basic questions of "who, where, what and why".  
The trailer seemed to indicate that only Susan Bullocks' character knows what is going on.  Her mother seems clueless in the scene I saw.  The music gets louder as Bullock's eyebrows go up and the viewer is supposed to "get it", but I seemed to have missed the point.
  What can I conclude but that this movie is about a woman going insane?   In which case it's a study of human delusion and our inability to accept the death of loved ones.
Other possible plot devices:
Her husband is an employee of a secret government agency and he is trying to save the world.
Her husband is under the federal witness protection program and his testimony could save the world.
Her husband, is in fact stuck in a town in Pennsylvania, covering a woodchuck race or something, and is desperately trying to contact her.
Her husband never really existed and everyone just goes along to humor her.
His real name is Jesus and he has died to save the world.

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 4:34am
Let's see, Sandra Bullock's been nominated for three RAZZIES, and she's never "won" any of them. She's been nominated for Worst Supporting Actress for Demolition Man (1993), and twice, Worst Actress and Worst Screen Couple with Jason Patric, for Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997). I know Speed 2: Cruise Control was also nominated for Worst Picture, Director-Jan De Bont, Screenplay, and Supporting Actor-Willem Dafoe, and "won" the Worst Remake or Sequel RAZZIE. I'm sure she'll be on the list of potential nominees for Worst Actress, and this film will also be on list of potential nominees for perhaps Worst Picture, Worst Excuse for Horror/Thriller Entertainment, Worst Screenplay, etc.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 4:41am

Yea the Catagory we should have this year is "Worst Excuse for a Thriller and/ or a Horror Movie," considering every other movie coming out this year seems to be a really bad thriller, or a horror movie that rips offf some thing that's already been done, or sequel to one...

jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 2:23am
Originally posted by jb razz

I know that she has been in some terrible movies,
but just because the movie is terrible doesn't mean she is terrible in it. I
got the impression from the HeadRAZZ that for Bullock: bad movie=bad
performance, but I could be totally wrong.

Here is a link to an article in my local newspaper about how Bullock is
often very good even when he vehicle is not: www.accessatlanta.com/movies/content/movies/stories/2007/03/
15/0316MMbullock.html">www.accessatlanta.com/movies/content/
movies/stories/2007/03/ 15/0316MMbullock.html

Response from Head RAZZberry: My point in the previous posting,
which may not have been clear, is that without Sandra Bullock
agreeing to star in it, something like PREMONITION would never have
been made. And if the script -- which almost every review has pointed to
as one of the film's major flaws -- stinks, then Bullock signing on to star
in it -- and thus, in a sense, "causing it to be made" -- deserves some a
fair share of the blame...

I thought that worst actess means "worst performance by an actress
in a leading role", not "actress that caused the worst movie to get made".
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 9:58am
Come on...it can't be THAT bad...it only has 8% approval at RT at this time...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 5:29am

Originally posted by Razzilla

Come on...it can't be THAT bad...it only has 8% approval at RT at this time...

Critics are at 8%, but the users are at 59%.  At this point, it seems this is one of those movies that the critics hate but the rest of the audience likes.

Notice I said "like", not "love".  Although it seems good number of users have given it 4-1/2 to 5 stars, there have been enough low user votes to pull the overall total down to 59%.

The user rating at IMDb is 5.3.  Even though 58% of the users gave it a higher rating, the 28 users among the top 1000 gave it an average of 4.8, pulling the overall total down. 

So, lump it in with Aeon Flux and Silent Hill.  The critics hate it, and the audience seems to be polarized about it.

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 5:37am
I guess Ms. Bullock should had own PREMONITION before she signed on to make this film.
Fresh in DC View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fresh in DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2007 at 8:35pm

I think Premonition deserves a C for CRAP!!! This movie was god awful, i only saw it because i couldnt see 300. I had a nice nap though, and a few laughs. Like when The ladys daughter jogs toward a sliding glass door and breaks it with her face resulting in heavy cgi bleeding. Should have been a commercial for windex. I like how they spend 5 minutes on Sandra Bullock making a sad face to show that she is sad. I like how they spend 5 minutes on Sandra bullock making a confused face to show how she is confused. I like how the movie ended without solving anything really and not changing anything from the begginning. I like how nia long had four lines in this movie ,nd they didnt have anything to do with anything but some good reviewers said she gave a powerful performance. This movie was sooooooo Gay. OMG. It was pointless. People who said it was a good movie are so Homo. They try and make it seem more complicated than it really is.

Actual Review:

" This movie started to freak me out, and confuse me. I guess it's important to know the meaning of the word "Premonition" before you watch a movie with that title. "

No bull thats a real review.

Not That Confusing the trailer is the entire movie.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>