Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE REAPING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have a Reaping Helping of Horror Clichés!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have a Reaping Helping of Horror Clichés!
    Posted: April 04 2007 at 3:54pm

FOLLOWING in the FOOTSTEPS of FAYE DUNAWAY, LIZA MINNELLI and HALLE BERRY, 2-TIME OSCAR WINNER HILLARY SWANK TAKES the RISK of TANKING HER CAREER by APPEARING in a BLATANTLY RAZZ-ABLE MOVIE: THE REAPING. WALL-to-WALL WITH HORROR CLICHÉS, PLAGUES and BIBLICAL MUMBO-JUMBO, REAPING MAKES LAST YEAR's OMEN REMAKE LOOK REPUTABLE by COMPARISON.

FEEL FREE to SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS and OPINIONS BELOW... 

DIRECTOR: "And over here on this end of your mantle, Hillary, you can put your first RAZZIE -- Right next to those two Little Gold Naked Men..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 4:35am
Of course, at least Hilary won't be nominated for Freedom Writers. That movie was a little better. But I was pretty much disappointment with her performance in The Black Dahlia last year. Of course, she wasn't on the ballot last year for The Black Dahlia. But her career is NOT done yet though. She has like a couple more films coming out. But did you know, Head RAZZ, the director of this film has directed other RAZZible films? There's A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child (1989), The Ghost and the Darkness (1996), and Lost in Space (1998). The first one won a RAZZIE, which was Worst Original Song back at the 10th Annual RAZZIE Awards.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 5:22am

I wondering what made Ms. Swank pick The Weeping strange.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 10:23am
I love Dark Castle Production because their films are actually good, sometimes scary and they aren't afraid of releasing R rated films! I don't care what anyone says about Gothika and House of Wax (the only two films I've seen in this company) but they were fantastic and maybe this one too. One of their pros is that they have a great production design (you can't deny that) and great cinematography (at least for Gothika and probably The Reaping)!
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 2:26pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I love Dark Castle Production because their films are actually good, sometimes scary and they aren't afraid of releasing R rated films! I don't care what anyone says about Gothika and House of Wax (the only two films I've seen in this company) but they were fantastic and maybe this one too. One of their pros is that they have a great production design (you can't deny that) and great cinematography (at least for Gothika and probably The Reaping)!

Cinematography and production design do not make a crappy movie less crappy. Good screenwriting, directing, and acting (plus a little thing called originality) make a good movie.

And, judging from the reviews, The Reaping won't be winning any awards (except for some Razzies, perhaps) in THOSE fields.

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 2:52pm
Well, cinematography and production designs does make these films good looking.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 4:15pm
Ok, for the updates on RT on the films released this week nationwide, Disturbia is getting a 54% approval from critics, with 24 reviews counted, 13 fresh and 11 rotten, Pathfinder doesn't have any reviews counted in right at this minute, maybe it's because they probably are not screening that movie for critics, Perfect Stranger, which stars 1998 RAZZIE "Winner" Bruce Willis and 2004 RAZZIE "Winner" Halle Berry is getting only a 17% approval from critics, with just 12 reviews counted, only 2 fresh and 10 rotten, Redline doesn't have any reviews counted in right at this minute, and the same thing for Slow Burn. So, by far, it looks like Perfect Stranger will end up being the Worst New Movie of the Weak for April 13.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 12:54am

Well, cinematography and production designs does make these films good looking.

First off, it's "do", not "does". If you're gonna make a rebuttal, please use proper English.

Now that I got that off my chest, let me offer a counterpoint: you said good looking, not good. So you admit these movies were bad in substance, but looked good, so that makes them good? Kinda shallow, don't you think?

Granted, if a movie looks good, it's a nice bonus, but, as I said before, it doesn't make a crappy movie less crappy.

(If anyone wants this little debate to stop, I'll shut up.)

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 12:50pm

Ok, I never said they were bad because I've never seen them, ecept Gothika and House of Wax, which both were good not that the fact of those two things. Those two things were a nice addition to the movies but really, they didn't have as many cliches as most horror movies.

Like in this scene from House of Wax: (SPOILERS!!!)

When the bad guy was beating up one of the main characters, his sister comes and hits him with a bat. No, she hits him CONTINUOUSLY until the bad guy dies. I mean, at most, you'll find people hitting the bad guy once and run away until they trip and they die.

END SPOILERS!!!

Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 9:16am

It's still unoriginal. How?

One word...

REMAKE!

If you're gonna prove that these movies are "original", you might not wanna choose a remake of a cheesy 3D horror flick from 1953 (especially when that movie was ALSO a remake of a previous horror film).

Let me know when you can back your point up.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2007 at 9:36am
You get a lazy excuse like "remake"? Who really freakin' cares right now? There are so many remakes and sequels! I mean, HOW just took the concept of the "real people under wax figures" in the original and turned it into a creative slasher film! It didn't copy every piece of scene in the original. Same with Death Proof in Grindhouse. It's just a serial killer with a car. Yuo call that original? Og course, because it's Tarantino. No wonder his movies are so overrated.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2007 at 11:32am

You get a lazy excuse like "remake"? Who really freakin' cares right now?

People do care, actually. Why waste your hard-earned cash on something that's already been done?

Yuo call that original? Og course, because it's Tarantino. No wonder his movies are so overrated.

Grindhouse, including Death Proof, isn't just getting good reviews because of Tarantino. It's getting good reviews because it's good.

Which is more than I can say for your taste in cinema. (Seriously...I looked at some of your other posts...you defended DATE MOVIE?! )

Oh, and as a side-note...see that little button with the "ABC" and the check mark? It's called "Spell Check". USE IT.

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 9:15am
Sadly this won't go down as the best movie to ever have raining frogs, Magnolia has that honor.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 9:42am

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

Sadly this won't go down as the best movie to ever have raining frogs, Magnolia has that honor.

I have not seen Magnolia if I'm not mistaken is that with Tom Cruise didn't he also get a Oscar Nommie for that trying to remember also what has happen to The Head Razzies hope every thing is okay with him also are Worst Of The Weak looks to be In The Land Of Women which happens to co star Academy Award Winner for Moon Monstruck and also stars Meg Ryan kind of Wonder if this Movie would get them both Co Starring Razzies Nods ITLOW is at 39% on The Tomatoe Meter

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 9:55am
Tom Cruise did get an Oscar nomination for Magnolia, he was very good in it. I thought almost everyone in the cast was good (Although this was, to me, not one of Julianne Moore's best performances.).  It also was nominated for (And won) a few awards for Best Ensemble cast. Well when you have William H. Macy, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Julianne Moore, John C. Reilly, Alfred Molina (Although I was wondering why he only has one scene in each Paul Thomas Anderson film he appears in. His scene in Magnolia was very good, and I thought his scene was the best part of Boogie Nights), Phillip Baker Hall, and the late, great Jason Robards in the cast, it's hard to miss.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 12:53pm

Originally posted by tomsmobr

also what has happen to The Head Razzies hope every thing is okay with him also are Worst Of The Weak looks to be In The Land Of Women which happens to co star Academy Award Winner for Moon Monstruck and also stars Meg Ryan kind of Wonder if this Movie would get them both Co Starring Razzies Nods ITLOW is at 39% on The Tomatoe Meter

Hmmm...we haven't had a Worst of the Weak in a while...he still hasn't added "Perfect Stranger" (11% on RT) and "Are We Done Yet?" (10%) on the forums yet, either...

Well, anyway, I'm sure Head RAZZ will let us know what's going on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>