Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > WHO'S YOUR CADDY?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SHODDY CRAP?!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHODDY CRAP?!?!?!?
    Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:06am

EVEN WITH ITS LONG HISTORY of EATING ITS OWN and REGURGITATING the RESULT as REMAKES or "RE-IMAGININGS," HOLLYWOOD MAY HIT a NEW LOW with THIS BLATANT RAP RIP-OFF of CADDYSHACK. IF IT LOOKED EVEN REMOTELY FUNNY, MAYBE IT COULD BE EXCUSED. BUT GUESS WHAT...IT DOESN'T LOOK EVEN REMOTELY FUNNY. 

THIS JUST IN: AS of NOON/PST on AUGUST 3 (ONE WEEK AFTER ITS OPENING) WHO'S YOUR CADDY RANKED #1 on the IDMB's 100 WORST MOVIES of ALL TIME LIST... 

FEEL FREE to POST YOUR FEEDBACK (and/or REGURGITATIONS) BELOW...

The Four Horsemen of The A-CRAP-olypse?!?!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:59am

I would put Who's Your Caddy right up there with Booty Call etc.

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 4:25am

How about right up there with Caddyshack II, which even Chuck Rodent ("Mr. Gopher") fled from? 

Response from Head RAZZberry: FYI -- SHODDY-CRAP II was nominated for 4 dis-honors at our 9th Annual Awards, including Worst Picture ( LINK ). It ended up "winning" 2 statuettes: Dan Aykroyd as Worst Supporting Actor (for his pitiful imitation of Bill Murray from the original CADDYSHACK) and the decidedly dippy ditty "Jack Fresh" as Worst "Original" Song...

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 3:19am
You know, along with I Know Who Killed Me, this is another film that I was sure was not gonna fare to well with critics that it might be considered another in the list of worst films of 2007. Along with two infinitely better films (including The Simpson Movie - I would like to meet the person who doesn't love that funny show), there's another Lindsay Lohan film  (seriously, if you people are all into reading about Lindsay and her life, then no wonder our economy is so f**ked up - not to be political, but come on, leave her alone; no wonder she's hopped up on crack), and another is Caddyshack for the CW crowd. Thing is, Caddy features alot of popular actors that I am a fan of, including Big Boi, Tony Cox, Terry Crews, Jeffery Jones, Faizon Love, and Finesse Mitchell. With a decent modicum of talent like that covering your film, there should be no excuse as to why the film ain't that funny. Guess something fell apart.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 5:37am

Both this and "I Know Who Killed Me" were not screened for critics. When they refuse to show something to critics, something's gotta be wrong... 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Time was when a failure to screen somthing for critics almost automatically meant it was a RAZZIE contender. But the practice of refusing to let critics get a crack at a movie before it opens has become rampant in the past few years -- Dozens of titles this year alone have not been shown before they opened. But then, most of those titles have ended up being likely RAZZIE contenders, so I guess the old axiom still holds... 

Guess we'll have to wait for early word on I NOW WHO KILLED ME. But in tepid defense of that film's makers, Lindsay Lohan is such a tabloid target just now that I'm not sure I'd screen anything of hers for critics, either...

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 3:05pm
They really do gotta stop making black versions of white movies (no offense)!!! But I mean "Airplane" ("Soul Plane") is one of them and there's a lot more out there!!! This one is now added to the list! The only one I really enjoyed was 2003's "Love Don't Cost A Thing" (based on "Can't Buy Me Love") starring Nick Cannon and Christina Milian.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 8:48am

I'm black and I must say I totally agree with you. The only movie you forgot to mention was "Johnson Family Vacation," which was a horrible rip-off of the National Lampoon movies with Chevy Chase. "Who's Your Caddy" is just another stereo-typical, unfunny, mess that won't make any money at the B.O. (this and "I Know Who Killed Me").

Go See "Hairspray" or "The Simpsons Movie"!!!

Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 11:43am
Ok, I watched the trailer,  and there were some funny stunts and some funny looking people in it.  
It reminded  me more of the second Caddy Shack which  lacked the "magic" of the first.  No surprise of course, when the bean counters decide to make a sequel and the original actors say "no", then you know it's headed downhill.
But the movie seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, by at least 20 years.
Are there really any Country Clubs left, that don't allow minorities in America?  
Can you imagine what it would be like for a club NOT to welcome Tiger Woods?  I mean, come on, Tiger has completely changed the game of Golf for the better!   Clubs everywhere are falling all over themselves trying to get him to join! 
I guess this is another example of Hollywood being out of touch with what is really going on in America.

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 9:43am
This is definitely a candidate for Worst Remake or Rip-Off!
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 6:13pm
This movie is definitely a Bootleger's dream!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 4:50am
That's because no normal person would pay money to see this.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 3:08pm

All that this movie is missing is Cedric the Entertainer! That's the only way it could be even worse!!!

ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 3:29am

All that's missing is The Rap Diva (That Ain't That Little!) named Little Kim! Or even better Moni'que (the one in "Phat Girls")! Or Jamie Kennedy! Okay, he's white, but aren't there some white supporting characters??  

If you want your six bucks worth, go see "Simpsons Movie"! 

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 4:33am
I wonder what movie they'll try to rip-off next..."Kickin' It Old Skool"?
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Criss808

All that this movie is missing is Cedric the Entertainer! That's the only way it could be even worse!!!

Well...him and Larry the Cable Guy...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 11:29am
Originally posted by ZookGuy

All that's missing is The Rap Diva (That Ain't That Little!) named Little Kim! Or even better Moni'que (the one in "Phat Girls")! Or Jamie Kennedy! Okay, he's white, but aren't there some white supporting characters??  

If you want your six bucks worth, go see "Simpsons Movie"!          ;    

I did, and it was one of the funniest movies of the year, "Simpsons" I mean. "Who's Your Caddy?" looked atrocious!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>