Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > MR. WOODCOCK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Guffaw-Free Game of GoofBALL?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Guffaw-Free Game of GoofBALL?!?!?
    Posted: September 12 2007 at 1:19pm

EVERYONE HAS STORIES of UNFORTUNATELY NAMED TEACHERS and CLASSMATES. AT INGLEWOOD HIGH in the 1970s, WE HAD TWO MEN's GYM TEACHERS NAMED MR. COX and MR. PETERS. MR. PETERS LATER MARRIED the GIRL's GYM TEACHER, WHOSE MAIDEN NAME HAD BEEN MISS NIPPLE (NO, WE'RE NOT MAKING THIS UP!).

SADLY, THAT STORY IS FUNNIER THAN ANYTHING YOU'LL FIND in MR. WOODCOCK, a WANNABE "COMEDY" ABOUT a GUY's MOM PLANNING TO MARRY the GYM TEACHER WHO TERRORIZED HER SON ALL THRU HIGH SCHOOL.

OUR BIGGEST QUESTION: WHAT IS OSCAR® WINNER (and OFTEN EXCELLENT ACTRESS) SUSAN SARANDON DOING in THIS STEAMING PILE of BULL PUCKEY?? 

Billy Bob: "Mizz Sarandon, you and me have both actually won one o' them Little Gold Naked Men®. Junior here, on the other hand, doesn't even seem to have managed a RAZZIE® nomination yet. So, ...whatta you say we just ignore the little putz??" 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MJ Narcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 2:40pm
This looks like a remake of School for Scoundrels.  Just change girlfriend for mother, and you get this flaccid piece of Censored.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 8:31am

Flat and thoroughly spiteful is the first impressions I get from it.  I'm worried they're now making these type of films for the sole purpose of saying to the audience: "Go blow your brains out -- you'll see what we put up on the screen and like it...whether you like it or not!"

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 9:56am

You know, There was a time Billy Bob used to make decent movies. He must be in it just for the paycheck these days...

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 1:27pm
This film was actually floating around for quite a while, and couldn't get a firm release date. Apparently, it shows. The reviews aren't too pretty either, so...
You think you know, but you have no idea.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 3:53pm
I read that Billy Bob Thorton's Mr. Woodcock character is worth the price of admission...
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 11:28pm

Has anyone read Ebert's recent reviews? I don't know. He keeps on giving movies 3.5 and 4 stars and even some Razzie films (like this movie) a 3. It's cool, I guess, giving 4/4 for almost every movie released every week. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Yo, moviewizguy -- Funny that you (of all people) should be upset at a critic cutting medicore movies too much slack....

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 6:34am
Everyone sees a picture a little differently, it's always important to keep in mind and respect.  Therein is one of the studios' major problems; in their logic everyone should love everything they do with every ounce of their being, and it's wholly their fault if they don't.  If i'm not mistaken, the Bolsheviks had the same mentality to their fellow Russians, and we all know what happened when that came to a head. 
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 11:05am
I'm not upset. I thought the trailer for this and Chuck and Larry are actually funny.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 1:04pm

You know, I like Billy Bob Thornton, but I'm getting tired of seeing him as the "grouchy horny older guy". It was funny when he did it in Bad Santa, amusing in The Bad News Bears remake. I skipped School for Scoundrels, which now leads us to this...which is pretty sad, considering I've liked him in movies where his role isn't even that big (Tombstone and Dead Man, for example)... 

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 2:56am
With both this and VALLEY OF ELAH in current release, Susan Sarandon could become the next "double-threat" award nominee: Up for both an Oscar and a Razzie in the same year!
Everything SUX!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by Nasty Man

With both this and VALLEY OF ELAH in current release, Susan Sarandon could become the next "double-threat" award nominee: Up for both an Oscar and a Razzie in the same year!

In the Valley of Elah looks like a great film. 

thorshammer View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote thorshammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 5:31am

Could've been funny, should've been funny...and wasn't!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2010 at 3:22pm
I'm I the only one who liked this movie?

Edit: Actually, that was my first impression (before I had started to really analyze movies). I gave it 4/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Vits

I'm I the only one who liked this movie?
Yes, yes you are.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply