Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ex-STINK-tion, Indeed!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ex-STINK-tion, Indeed!!
    Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:11am

LIKE the WORLD ACTUALLY NEEDS a 3rd RESIDENT EVIL FILM (OR ANOTHER MOVIE STARRING 3-TIME RAZZIE® NOMINEE MILLA JOVOVICH)!

THANKS for the OFFER, HOLLYWOOD, BUT, UH...NO THANKS!!

Haz-Mat Dude: "We found her like this in her trailer... a DVD of RETURN TO THE BLUE LAGOON was playing on her TV set. We think she fainted from embarrassment..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:44am
Now this one I think we can agree was made purely out of contempt for the audience, that they think THEY'RE the ones who were insulted when no one flocked to the prior ones.  So they're revenge is to keep dumping more and more on us (I heard #4 is indeed almost ready as I type this) until we acquiesce to their viewpoint. 
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 11:22am
I never saw these movies. I don't know. They never look interesting but I'll eventually watch them....the question is when...and exSTINKtion is...kinda.....cheesy...
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 1:29pm

No, making movies like this isn't for the purpose of insulting the audience.  It's all for the money.

The first film grossed $40,119,709 domestically and $102,441,078 worldwide (on a budget of $32 million). The second grossed $51,201,453 domestically and $129,394,835 worldwide (on a $43 million budget) so they have been modestly successful.

Sometimes, people will watch these kinds of movies no matter how bad the critics bash them.

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 5:37am
Resident Evil 1 was decent enough on its own terms. If George A. Romero directed it, he'd throw in pointless political commentary. Paul W.S. Anderson made a semi-decent wall-to-wall action/horror film with characters we cared about. And Milla Jovovich brought intensity and pathos into her role.

The second one (Apocalypse) wasn't up there (lots of expository dialogue), but it still didn't make you feel dirty about watching it afterwards.

The third one looks pretty intense so far. With solid-level actresses Ali Larter and Ashanti in the cast, I don't think Extinction will be that bad an installment. We'll just wait until tomorrow to see.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 8:15am

Thi film wasn't screened for critics...that's a bad sign.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 12:31pm
Head RAZZ, I think you're going to have to add GOOD LUCK CHUCK on this forum. It has only a 3% approval rating on RT. That is like etremely low. And i think GOOD LUCK CHUCK will be the bonus Worst New Movie of the Weak.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 2:38pm
I agree with bruin, Good Luck Chuck is getting some of the worst reviews of the year. With the lovely Miss Alba in a movie (Seemingly) this abysmal, that Sin City sequel can't come soon enough.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 9:42am

Definitely a Worst Sequel nomination. Also should be nominated for WORST SCREENPLAY, WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (Ashanti Douglas), WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Matthew Marden), and WORST ON SCREEN COUPLE (Milla Jovovich & herself)

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2008 at 1:05pm
I liked this movie. Yes, I have finally saw all three and this was the most entertaining. Loved it that this movie didn't follow the plot where part 2 ended...but I forgot about part 2...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2008 at 3:21pm

This was hands down the worst of these three movies. Anderson screwed up yet again, writing a completely lazy script that he no doubt wrote in less than a week. The characters and plot were bland and paint-by-numbers as could be. I was watching it with friends, who fell asleep every now and then. When they did wake up and ask what they missed, I replied, "Not much!"

If you want to watch a movie that you can turn your brain off (or just gaze at mindless action) go right ahead and watch this ... for free and edited-for-TV Or, you could you do something more productive with your life... 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 3:56pm
Skip to 05:49.
Thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2012 at 9:30am
Well, that was a good sleep. And it's not like I missed anything important last night.

*beat*

Holy sh*t, I forgot to write my Resident Evil: Extinction review!!

After a "dumb fun" sequel not directed by Worthless Sh*t, he must have figured out the key to a not-terrible RE movie was a director who wasn't him So, he brought in Russell Mulcahy, director of the first two Highlander films. This backfired horribly and led to a Resident Evil even worse than the first one and the overall worst one until last month.

Oded Fehr is the lone bright spot in terms of acting and his death is awesome. When he gets bitten by a zombiefied LJ, he goes off in a truck and kamikazes a large group of zombies. Also, he's high while he does it.

Even though he's not as bad as he was in the last one, LJ is still annoying. There's one terrible thing involving him, but that belongs in the ugly category. The action scenes are pure crap. Mulcahy may be good with Scottish immortals, but he's not very good with zombies.

Ali Larter is pretty bad as Claire Redfield. Remember how Sienna Guillery took her performance seriously and how it helped the film? Well, Larter didn't give two sh*ts about her performance. She even said that she didn't play the videogames the films are based on. Milla Jovovich is terrible. And giving her an army of clones to play only makes things worse. Before I go on, I have a special anouncement: I'm splitting the ugly section into two parts. The first part is for non-Worthles Sh*t things that are really bad and the second is for Worthless Sh*t's many, many, many flaws. This section will be brought back for the other two Resident Evil reviews and all other Worthless Sh*t movies I review.

Remember how I mentioned something regarding LJ that was really terrible? Near the beginning of the film, he gets bitten by a zombie and becomes infected. And he doesn't tell anyone!! This eventually gets Carlos killed. Remember, Worthless Sh*t wrote this on his own, so this can't be blamed on other writers' ideas clashing with his. Worthless Sh*t steals from other films imputantly. The crow attack is lifted from The Birds and the scene where they try to get a zombie to play with blocks is ripped off from the scene in Day Of The Dead where they try to get a zombie to answer the phone. But, the biggest sin of Worthless Sh*t* is his Mary Sue-ification of Alice. He made LJ not tell anyone about his infection so he could kill Carlos off so he wouldn't steal the spotlight from Alice. He givers her psychic powers so she can be the bestest around. And he gives her a clone army so there can be more of her. The reason for this is obvious: Worthless Sh*t and Milla Jovovich are married with a kid IRL. It's nice that he gives his lead roles, but try to make them good roles.

Sienne Guillery was supposed to reprise her role of Jill, but she turned it down because she was working on Eragon. Reprising her role in this would actually have been a smarter career move! Grade: D

Next-up: Resident Evil: Afterlife!!

*not only in this movie, but the entire Resident Evil series and maybe all of his movies
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Worthless Sh*t steals from other films imputantly. The crow attack is lifted from The Birds and the scene where they try to get a zombie to play with blocks is ripped off from the scene in Day Of The Dead where they try to get a zombie to answer the phone.
I'm pretty sure the one with the crows was a direct homage. I don't remember them all, but if you look at my comments on the movie, I list all the movies this makes homages to.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply