Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 / 26th RAZZIES® POLLS > POLLS: 2005's BERRY Worst Male AND Female 2nd Banana Choices
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWORST SUPPORTING ACTOR Poll, 2005

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Who would YOU Pick as 2005’s BERRY Worst MALE 2nd Banana??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[6.14%]
[11.55%]
[5.42%]
[14.23%]
[10.57%]
[5.55%]
[4.05%]
[19.26%]
[8.81%]
[9.53%]
[4.90%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR Poll, 2005
    Posted: November 10 2005 at 2:09am

Here they are in all their...WHAT-EVER! The short list for our 2005 Worst Supporting Actor RAZZIE®

Too bad you can only pick ONE...

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS ONLY A POLL, INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE AMUSEMENT OF VISITORS TO OUR WEB SITE AND FORUM. ACTUAL WORST ACHIEVEMENT IN FILM NOMINEES AND 'WINNERS' WILL BE DETERMINED BY BALLOTING VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBERS.

THIS YEAR'S RAZZIE® NOMINATIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY, JANUARY 30...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 6:38am
Of that list, I didn't find Terence Stamp to be that bad in ELEKTRA -- Hell, I thought he gave the best performance in the movie (but he was  1,000,000 times better as his other comic book character General Zod in SUPERMAN II -- Best comic book movie villan ever...... until Nicholson's Joker came along). I DO agree with putting Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen on the ballot.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 9:11am
Why I vote for Kingsley, with apologies to Robert Herrick...

Ah Ben!/Say how, or when/Shall we thy guests/Meet at those lyric feasts/
Made at the Sun/The Dog, the Triple Tun?/Where we such clusters of
RAZZIES ™ had/As made us nobly wild, not mad/And yet each awful verse
of thine/Outdid the corndogs/outdid thy frentic whine.

My Ben/Or come again/Or send to us/Thy wit's great overplus/But teach
us yet/Wisely to husband it/Lest we that talent spend/and Razzies™ didst
rend/And having once brought to an end/That precious stock, the store/
Of such a wit the movies should have no more.

RD View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 1:15am
Well, I'm surprised that Steven Dorff is nominated for ALONE IN THE DARK. I mean, that movie was forgotten before it hit theaters, it was so bad.

But Ben Kingsley may be up for another Razzie for BLOOD RAYNE, another videogame adaptation. And already, the reviews and buzz are negative!
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 2:49am
Has THE ENTIRE CAST of a movie ever been nominated for a Razzie??  If that's allowed, I'd suggest SON OF THE MASK as this year's "They ALL Suck!" Contender!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 9:42am
Sort of, (SPICE WORLD, COLOR OF NIGHT, SHOWGIRLS, BATTLEFIELD EARTH)...
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 7:00am

I just found out that BOOD RAYNE, the next film from Berry Untalented Director Uwe Boll, will be coming out the first week of January, 2006 -- Meaning Ben Kingsley (who's So Wonderfully Awful in A SOUND OF THUNDER) will miss out on his chance to get a DUAL Worst Supporting Actor nod for 2005.

I still can't believe Kingsley got off RAZZIE-Free for his hideous work in THUNDERBIRDS a few years back!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 7:08am

And will Michael Madsen's Award-Free Streak live to see another day, even after BLOOD RAYNE? James Lipton, if you're going to put him on your show (hey, you've had Stallone!) do it NOW -- Before this abomination comes out! It'll be a quick introduction:

(James Lipton reads a list of Madsen's movies) ".......But he is best known for RESERVOIR DOGS, for which he was on the nominating ballot for AFI's All-time Best Villains list, and was ranked by Maxim Magazine as The Second Best Screen Villain of All-Time".

Jo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 3:28am
Craig Berko as Max Baer in CINDERELLA MAN!

What does the Razzie audience think of Ron Howard and his habit of turning real people into fictional characters for the sake of drama?

CINDERELLA MAN takes humanitarian and role model boxer Max Baer and turns him into a psychopathic killer, in the name of drama.

A BEAUTIFUL MIND takes John Forbes Nash and changes his character as well, to make the story "better."

Each screenplay lists Akiva Goldman as a screenwriter.  Each changes feelings about Jews (the first, a Jewish hero is changed into a villain, in the second, Nazi sympathizing is erased).

Here are some links.  Is this dishonest story-telling Razzie worthy?  When is it okay to make true life into fiction?

http://www.slate.com/id/2120151/
http://unrepentant.blogspot.com/2005/06/cinderella-man .htm

http://www.clocktowerfiction.com/Reviews/feb02review.shtml
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/movies/bestpictures /mind-re.html
l

Maybe the Razzies should put Craig Berko as Max Baer on the Worst Supporting Actor list?  I don't know what could be worse than purposely misportraying a real person! 

Maybe Jethro would show up to accept the award?

Python View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:43am

This time I had to pick from two lousy performances from Son of the Mask. I hope my hard work pays off. This film deserves to be burned.

brandon View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 1:31pm

Originally posted by Jo

Craig Berko as Max Baer in CINDERELLA MAN!

What does the Razzie audience think of Ron Howard and his habit of turning real people into fictional characters for the sake of drama?

CINDERELLA MAN takes humanitarian and role model boxer Max Baer and turns him into a psychopathic killer, in the name of drama.

A BEAUTIFUL MIND takes John Forbes Nash and changes his character as well, to make the story "better."

Each screenplay lists Akiva Goldman as a screenwriter.  Each changes feelings about Jews (the first, a Jewish hero is changed into a villain, in the second, Nazi sympathizing is erased).

Here are some links.  Is this dishonest story-telling Razzie worthy?  When is it okay to make true life into fiction?

http://www.slate.com/id/2120151/
http://unrepentant.blogspot.com/2005/06/cinderella-man .htm

http://www.clocktowerfiction.com/Reviews/feb02review.shtml
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/movies/bestpictures /mind-re.html
l

Maybe the Razzies should put Craig Berko as Max Baer on the Worst Supporting Actor list?  I don't know what could be worse than purposely mis-portraying a real person! 

Maybe Jethro would show up to accept the award?

the answer to your question, "When is it ok to make true life into fiction" is when it is made into a movie.  Movie are, by nature, fiction. Yes, even the ones based on real events.  Facts are for print, movies are about feelings and emotions.  I notice you have stated that "Cinderella Man" deserves a Razzie, but haven't said much about the actual movie.  The movie's purpose was to create a portrait of a truly good man centering on a sympathetic portrayal of its hero.  I think it succeeded at least adequately. don't you?

Starman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 5:46pm

Shame there's not a Razzie for ensembles.  Then I could just nominate everyone involved with Hitchhikers Guide the the Galaxy in one go.

Starman
 Post Reply Post Reply