Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > 10,000 B. C.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DINO DOO-DOO??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DINO DOO-DOO??
    Posted: March 21 2008 at 2:23am

This movie may or may not win Razzie nominations, but Yahoo has included it on a new list of 10 most historically inaccurate movies. The other winners were:

Gladiators

The Last Samurai

Apocalypto

Memoirs of a Geisha

Braveheart

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

The Patriot

2001: A Space Odyssey

To read the article and see why each of these films won a place on the list, click this link:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/10mosthistoricallyinaccurate .html;_ylt=AtLrZzLlV1UkmcJUOWE9p1RfVXcA

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:34am

Funny how they put "Braveheart" on the list, considering I thought it was one of Mel Gibson's better films!

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

This movie may or may not win Razzie nominations, but Yahoo has included it on a new list of 10 most historically inaccurate movies. The other winners were:

Gladiators

The Last Samurai

Apocalypto

Memoirs of a Geisha

Braveheart

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

The Patriot

2001: A Space Odyssey

To read the article and see why each of these films won a place on the list, click this link:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/10mosthistoricallyinaccurate .html;_ylt=AtLrZzLlV1UkmcJUOWE9p1RfVXcA

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 3:36pm

Braveheart was  a decent film, but it is fraught with historical inaccuracies, as the article specifies. I thought 2001 was a somewhat more curious addition (albeit probably a tongue-in cheek one) since it is not an historical film per se, but rather a speculative one.

At the time it was made, we were on our way to the moon (although we hadn't made it yet), and it seemed as if the conquest of Mars and the rest of the solar system would follow in short order. How sad that since the last human set foot on the moon 36 years ago, no human has ventured further from our planet than Boston is from New York. On the other hand, we have extensively explored our solar system with robotic spacecraft, which is both cheaper and safer, so we haven't done all that badly.

NOTE: the words "last" and the number "36" above have been set in bold letters to avoid further editing that might create the impression that I, too am guilty of an historical inaccuracy.  With all due apologies to the board, I suppose you will just have to accept this as an inside joke, but take note, Head Razz.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
phe_de View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote phe_de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 5:14am

"2001 - A Space Odyssey" is "historically inaccurate"?
It's science fiction, for goodness' sake!

We might as well say that any SciFi-movie (or book) that has a specific year in its title is "historically inaccurate". 1984, Strange Days and Back to the Future 2 come to mind.

And what about the "Time Machine"? Was there a nuclear war in 1966? Is technology so well developed that we might think about blowing up the Moon in 2037? And what will happen in 802701?

Everything is possible...and nothing is sure.

Everything is possible, and nothing is sure.
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 8:45am

I can think of quite a few westerns that could be on that list...

Specifically, WILD WILD WEST. I can't put my finger on it, but there was something about that movie that made me find it unrealistic.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 12:00pm
 Well, Wild Wild West was not meant to portray a specific historical event. Most of the movies on the above list, with, again, the exception of 2001 (and obviously 10,000 B.C.) were so intended. While a lot of westerns don't accurately portray events in the old west, they are basically genre pieces as opposed to representations of events.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 4:48pm
I hate to say it...it's not RAZZIE worthy...but glad to say it's not the other way either...  This one will just stick the the middle of the barrel...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
hastymanic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote hastymanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 5:21am
Ok, since all of this happened 12,000 years ago, I'm apt to conclude some of the 'facts' may be a bit 'unfactish.' Give 'em a break!  Blah! Who am I kidding? There's no excuse for a film that aspires to be epic and monumental and settles for late night cable fodder. Assuming it's inevitable appearance there,  I sincerely hope the Weather Channel is only a couple clicks away.
Hasty Manic
I am still looking for a movie worse than 'Manos: The Hands of Fate.' Alas, I remain ever hopeful!
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2008 at 4:29am
This movie is the definition of a deserving RAZZIE "winner":

prehistoric epic + bad special effects + laughable acting + historical inaccuracy = pure cinematic garbage!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 12:14pm
Just saw this. It was damn stupid. It was, also, damn entertaining.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 6:25am
People say this was so stupid yet they went along with it and it was entertaining. Well, I'm in the minority (or majority, whatever). It was very stupid and very boring. The Day After Tomorrow was just an exhilerating film and I loved that movie to death! This movie was like...oh, some animals...big animals....CGI animals....only in 3 scenes...the only 3 entertaining scenes throughout the film....zzzzzzzzzzzz
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 12:21pm
The really sad thing is that this movie still managed to make close to $270 million worldwide with a 91 percent disapproval rate at RT. I guess people are either into mind inflicted torture or this is just showing us how bad that the average audience intelligence level is.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 2:44pm

10,000 B.C. shows what happens when you pile a lot of money into a movie consisting wholly of ideas borrowed from many other movies and characters as two dimensional as a slice of Dominoes pizza.  I'm especially disappointed in how bland Camille Belle's character Evolet was.  Evolet should have and could have had a lot of heart, and the character as written, directed and performed was nothing but recycled cardboard. 

Then there's that one particularly ridiculous moment.  Remember, when the mammoth looks at you, your dreams will come true. . . .

Even so, this movie doesn't come close to worst of the year, with such stellar movies as The Hottie & The Nottie, Strange Wilderness, 88 Minutes, Meet The Spartans and Witless Protection crowding the field, not to mention TWO Uwe Boll films, In the Name of the King and Postal, AND Sly Stallone's resurrection of Rambo.  Even among wastes of money pictures, 10,000 B.C. wasn't anywhere near as bad as Speed Racer.  In the end, blandness hamstrings this picture, and even in its best moments, it never transcends being a very expensive B movie.

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 6:50am
I actually had free tickets to see it courtesy of my favorite country station...  Of course they were tossed in with a birthday bag during their birthday breakfast...

Last year there were NASCAR tickets and passes for The Ultimate Gift...which I used...and I'm STILL trying to get rid of the Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector DVD they stuck me with...  I'll put the worst part of it in the following thread... http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71&PN=1 &TPN=38
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 12:53pm
An apparently, the director's next movie will be "2012", about the many possible ways the world will come to an end. A docudrama about Uwe Boll and the writers behind "Meet The Spartans" making "Video Game Movie" perhaps?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 8:34am

I finally got around to seeing this piece of crap on On Demand the other night. It was definitley a howler. The mammoths looked kind of cool until  the scene when they started stampeding. They ran with a sort of weird bunny-hop that must have produced gales of unintended laughter in the theaters. The sabre-toothed tiger looked like a reject from some Ray Harryhausen effort.

Combine that with a plot in which the audience probably couldn't help but get the feeling that they were rooting for the wrong tribe an you have the formula for a stinker definitely worthy of Razzie consideration.

This was Battlefield Earth set in the stone-age.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>