Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > DISASTER MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISASTER Indeed!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISASTER Indeed!!
    Posted: January 04 2009 at 4:57pm
I wonder what the comparatively talented Wayans Brothers were thinking when they took those two toolbags under their wings in the first place. They clearly weren't the piece of the puzzle that made Scary Movie 1 or 2 work. And I say that 2 worked due to the fact that it was still better than any "Movie" that came after it. I haven't seen 1 in a while, I'm guessing that doesn't stand the test of time, but it was OK when it first came out.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 2:29am
I think the movie is called "Flick" in hopes they won't be mistaken for the onslaught of Seltzerberg "Movie" movies. But honestly, the Wayans Bros. haven't been any better than Seltzerberg as of late. At least they try to make jokes outside of random pop culture referances and lots of fart and foot to the groin jokes, but not by much.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 5:57am

Yea, I think that's exactly the point. And yes, Little Man, White Chicks, etc. have been just as bad..... Actually, HAVE they? Those were probably better than the Seltzerbergs lately... But back to Dance Flick, it looked SOMEWHAT funny in the trailer... I think maybe I ought to see the trailer again though...  

Originally posted by Michaels

I think the movie is called "Flick" in hopes they won't be mistaken for the onslaught of Seltzerberg "Movie" movies. But honestly, the Wayans Bros. haven't been any better than Seltzerberg as of late. At least they try to make jokes outside of random pop culture referances and lots of fart and foot to the groin jokes, but not by much.

-Iron helps us play-
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 12:36pm

Little Man was really funny but that's just me and I know it. White Chicks was HILARIOUS! I loved it! I loved it. I, honest to God, used to put that film on my top 100 list because it was really one of the most funniest movie I've ever seen. I just can't stop loving it.

After seeing the trailer for their new film, it's immensly better than the spoof films that were released recently. In fact, the trailer is lightyears ahead of the recent spoof movies. I laughed and laughed and laughed again. If you didn't notice, I'm a big supporter of their films because they know comedy and they're crowd pleasers. The trailer for Dance Flick actually impressed a lot of people on the IMDb boards, which is pretty good. The film does look pretty funny.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 12:46pm

Yes, it IS just YOU...

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Little Man was really funny but that's just me and I know it. White Chicks was HILARIOUS! I loved it! I loved it. I, honest to God, used to put that film on my top 100 list because it was really one of the most funniest movie I've ever seen. I just can't stop loving it.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 1:00pm
Black men exploiting stereotypes of white women is funny... Wait, isn't that actually a bad thing?
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 5:21am
I just watched this movie, and I wouldn't even consider it to be a parody,
the dictionary defines a parody as, "an imitation of the style of a
particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic
effect". Disaster movie does not do so. It thinks that just showing a man
that looks somewhat like Edward Norton out of nowhere and have him
turn into the Hulk, lose his pants, and get hit by some random cow is
considered spoofing it, when in fact, it is not.

I sit on my couch thinking, "What the f**k was that?! There was no setup
or logical buildup for that to be shown. This is just stupid."

And this is what someone who finds it funny thinks, "Hey, that's a
duplication of what I saw in that move, The Incredible Hulk, except
he gets hit by a random cow out of nowhere, so it must be funny. Ha ha,
funny stuff, Disaster Movie!"

Seriously, if this is what movies are coming to, maybe we should just sit
down and think about where we are headed as a culture and society. It
makes me sick thinking of all the aspiring screenplays floating around
Hollywood and how hard people are working to get them filmed, and
most of them are lucky if they make it through the IFC. No joke, what ever
happened to writers actually having to sit down and think of jokes that
would naturally occur in a movie?

Disaster Movie seems to have been made by writing the names of all the
popular movies in the past year on scraps of paper, crumbling them up,
and throwing them on the floor, and having a five year old to tie them
together. Almost every single reference is forced in, and almost never
occurs naturally. For example, there's a party scene, and out of nowhere,
some guy that looks like Javier Bardem shows up and uses his cattle gun
to kill someone sleeping on the couch. There is no reason to have that
character at that party, because A) He would never show up at the party,
B) He does not do anything satirical that would make fun of No Country
for Old Men
, and C) He does not to anything to the plot whatsoever. I
laughed more watching the movie, No Country for Old Men, than I did
watching the lazy spoof of it.

I seriously hope that this is their last abomination that they dump on the
public. All the newcomers should be embarrassed for being in this movie,
and Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer need to consult them on the
feeling of embarrassment.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 6:56am
Originally posted by movieman

Lotsa stuff

yup.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 11:21am

Originally posted by movieman

Seriously, if this is what movies are coming to, maybe we should just sit
down and think about where we are headed as a culture and society. It
makes me sick thinking of all the aspiring screenplays floating around
Hollywood and how hard people are working to get them filmed, and
most of them are lucky if they make it through the IFC. No joke, what ever
happened to writers actually having to sit down and think of jokes that
would naturally occur in a movie.

I hear you, buddy. It's bad enough H-Wood is so unoriginal that they make prequels to spin-offs to sequels to remakes. Add onto that any moron can have this script produced so long as he's been a "proven success" in the past, even if he was riding the coattails of someone else's talent, like Seltzerberg did with the Wayan Brothers. Even if IFC is more a major-minor studio thing, it's one of the few ways filmmakers with talent can get their feet in the door. With Seltzerberg, that door should have been repeatedly slammed on their feet and in their faces.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Michaels

I hear you, buddy. It's bad enough H-Wood is so unoriginal that they make prequels to spin-offs to sequels to remakes. Add onto that any moron can have this script produced so long as he's been a "proven success" in the past, even if he was riding the coattails of someone else's talent, like Seltzerberg did with the Wayan Brothers. Even if IFC is more a major-minor studio thing, it's one of the few ways filmmakers with talent can get their feet in the door. With Seltzerberg, that door should have been repeatedly slammed on their feet and in their faces.

I believe the original "Saw" was an allegory for what ought to be done with their feet.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2009 at 11:15am
Totally, and I enjoyed the first Scary Movie, mainly focused on its two main
targets, Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. And since the six
screenplay credits include Seltzer, Friedberg, and the Wayans brothers, I'm
starting to think Buddy Johnson and Phil Beauman are the only two
good writers that should be making movies, since Jason and Aaron
have been mooched off them to get become "filmmakers".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2009 at 1:05pm
Aside from the cine-du-merde that the Wayans Bros., referring only to Shawn and Marlon, have popped out lately, I'm not convinced they're unfunny. I still enjoy Don't Be a Menace in South Central While Drinking your Juice in the Hood and some of the other stuff they've done.
Hollywood Z View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hollywood Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 4:49pm

I'd say let's nominate and have these guys (Setzer & Friedberg) win, but only if by them winning, it sentences them both to an eternity of being banned from filmmaking and instead sentanced to a life of beatings and misery. Better yet, I'd be satisfied if there was just an X-Ray machine on stage that would force them to stand up there and show the rest of the world that they've proven it possible for two people to not only live, but make a living off of being born without brains.

Don't these guys know enough that parodies only work if you're encompassing the genre within the movies that are being parodied? Iron Man, Juno and Wanted are not disaster films. Armageddon, Posiedon and The Day After Tomorrow are disaster films. Disasterous, yes, but disaster films nonetheless.

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2009 at 4:15am
Wha-wha-what?

This piece of crap won less razzies than Indy 4? Let me calm down for one....

WHAT THE HELL?

All of the 1-vote by the IMDB voters, the 10 pages in this forum, the hate site in my signature, the nearly 0% rating on RT, those 6 nominations... all of that should have convinced you to punish Seltzerberg for their slaughter on humanity, but now you guys made them go scot-free, for 3 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

Great, now I can see Seltzerberg scheming their next piece of crap because of their lack on "wins," ready to torture the world of comedy again.

Oh whatever, at least I can look forward to that other show tonight and see if their winners are satisfactory.

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2009 at 5:07am

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

Wha-wha-what?

This piece of crap won less razzies than Indy 4? Let me calm down for one....

WHAT THE HELL?

All of the 1-vote by the IMDB voters, the 10 pages in this forum, the hate site in my signature, the nearly 0% rating on RT, those 6 nominations... all of that should have convinced you to punish Seltzerberg for their slaughter on humanity, but now you guys made them go scot-free, for 3 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

I guess no matter if you're a Razzie voter or an Oscar voter, some people choose whatever they want, no matter how good a case you make. The Oscars want better ratings, so instead of giving major catagory nods to successful and highly praised movies like "The Dark Knight" and "Wall*E", they went with the Oscar baiter "The Reader". The same goes for here. Seltzerberg are the living embodyment of everything wrong with Hollywood right now, but Mike Myers' cruel idea of comedy seemed worse to our voters. Go figure. Oh well, there's always next year. As I said, expect at least one or two more "Movie Movies" before studios finally cut off the money flow and Seltzerberg are reduced to having to ask people over the Internet to give them donations, same as Uwe "The 21th Century's Ed Wood" Boll.  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2009 at 8:00pm
In case no one reads my other pleas for mercy on other threads, I'd just like to point out once again that Seltzerberg does NOT currently have any new projects to their name, and thus we may have missed out on our last chance. I understand Michaels logic, of course, but I'm really going to kick myself if that was the last chance. And remember that there were TWO pieces of crap slapped together to make an Uberkrappe of a nomination there. I just saw Frost/Nixon this last Friday, and I laughed more during that than Disaster Movie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>