Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > DISASTER MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISASTER Indeed!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISASTER Indeed!!
    Posted: March 29 2011 at 12:56pm
I just saw it and gave it 3/10.My review tomorrow.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 3:15pm
The only thing anybody needs to know about the Seltzberg duo is that they are the genital wart on the cock of American culture (Thanks Greg Giraldo for that one)
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2011 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it and gave it 3/10.My review tomorrow.
Wow, that is 3 points higher than it really deserves.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 12:24pm

THIS "MOVIE" IS A "DISASTER" WITH NO "DISASTERS" IN IT!(**/*****):

I wasn't surprised to hear Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer a.k.a. Seltzerberg have fans.Not because people like the most juvenile jokes and don't mind home-made production values.But because they see that their movies don't pretend to be anything more.True,movies that take themselves to serious can be bad.But that doesn't mean they have to keep their efforts at minimum.Making a bad movie on purpose is like...well,doing anything bad on purpose:it's still bad.

So what is the problem with this movie?Even those fans I mentioned will be disappointed because no disaster movies were parodied.I know it doesn't sound like a big deal,but it is.It's about expectations.Most parodies are from movies a year before.Other are from movies that didn't premiere yet.That's right.They parodied trailers.Why not call it
Trailer Movie then?I'm not joking.At least it wouldn't be a lie.At first I thought these movies never get a big budget so they couldn't afford to recreate movies that rely on special effects.Do you remember the so-called TRANSFORMER in MEET THE SPARTANS?This time we get IRON-MAN and ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS.Too expensive to use CGI.But then I find out this somehow cost $20 million!I hope they didn't over-spent on
the biggest star of the movie:Kim Kardashian.She wasn't as bad as I expected,but still.

I know I gave it the same rating as it's 3 predecessors,but those were guilty pleasures which made me laugh a few times.This was campy.A lot of people think it's the same,but it means I laugh at how bad it is.There weren't genuine laughs.What saved it was the fact that I smiled once per scene,and also MAD TV alumni Crista Flanagan,Nicole Parker and Ike Barinholtz.Their impressions are always pleasant to watch,even in this movies.

Parodies obviously are meant to not follow the usual script writing rules.But what they do require is a plot.If we dig to much into semantics,this series of sketches is a plot.But let's put this way:if you can't describe the plot with a simple sentence(premise),or without going into details(full script),there's a plot but no story.The plots in this movies are usually the same of the movie that's the main target to parody,and then they add sub-plots from other movies.That's the easiest way to write a script,and Seltzerberg can't even do that?!

Grades: D- in the U.S. and 3,0 in Chile.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2011 at 4:07pm

"Grades: D- in the U.S. and 3,0 in Chile."

That is being very, very, VERY generous.
jacket250 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jacket250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 9:14pm

So what if Amy Winehouse  dies before the film comes out? 

Also, that can't be a whole 'nother level of bad taste.  The movie itself will do that!

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 1:18pm
The really only good part was seeing Hannah Montana die and realizing just how stupid her fans are.

Golden and so true!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

The really only good part was seeing Hannah Montana die and realizing just how stupid her fans are.

Golden and so true!
Nothing I haven't seen better on a 3 minute long YouTube parody clip.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112