At Least 20 Minutes TOO Long...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: At Least 20 Minutes TOO Long...
    Posted: December 28 2010 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Vits

LeeLee Sobiesky is also very dissapointing.

I give this 4/10 - D - 4,0.

I just saw FINDING BLISS,and gave it the same rating.However,Sobiesky was alright,re-gaining my respect for her as an actress.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2010 at 12:25pm
I re-watched it,to make sure if Al Pacino really should be in my "Worst performances of all times" list.I doubted at first,but thanks to how he says his lame speeches in a lamer way he'll stay there.LeeLee Sobiesky is also very dissapointing.

The ending was too abrupt.But there were some thrills and the mystery seemed to be well written.

I give this 4/10 - D - 4,0.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 10:39am
I made a list of the worst performances of all times:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/blogs/?id=674392

Al Pacino is in it.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 1:16am

Either her agent just isn't trying any more, or she just needs to pay her rent and she couldn't care less about script quality. 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

What happened to LeeLee? She used to be in good movies (Joy Ride) but now, she's in this and The Wicker Man.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 12:39pm
What happened to LeeLee? She used to be in good movies (Joy Ride) but now, she's in this and The Wicker Man.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 10:27am
I just watched it and thought it sucked ass. It's probably the worst film of Al
Pacino's career next to Gigli. It was so depressing seeing this inept
drama unfold, and how it failed to be the suspenseful mystery that it clearly
aspires to be, with its ludicrously incoherent plot to the choppy acting to the
ridiculous twist at the end. The only thing that interested me was how many
times they had to do Al Pacino's hair while filming this.
Adam Schramm View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adam Schramm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 5:40pm

WOW was this BAD!  Easily the worst movie I've seen this year, and it may well go on my Top 25 All-Time Worst List.  LeeLee Sobiesky should be a shoo-in for Worst Supporting Actress.  The sheer awfulness of her performance was the most entertaining part of the movie.  Her acting in the BIG DRAMATIC ENDING may make lowlight reels in the Pantheon of Bad Performances.  Even worse than her bursting-into-tears-while-being-handed-the-baby scene in Deep Impact.

Pacino was bad, but really just in an "I'm phoning it in" way. 

By far worst screenplay of the year.  My wife and I kept coming up with more and more ridiculous scenarios that might make some sense out of it in the end, each of which turned out to be better and more plausible than the actual ending. 

All-in-all, a delightfully "Oh my God is this awful," "What the hell is going on here??" "Why in the world did Pacino agree to this  one?" kind of movie that will lift your bad movie watching spirits. 

HILARIOUS! 

bartforhire13 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bartforhire13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2008 at 8:26am
I actually thought this movie was good.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 11:07am

WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOLIERS, IF YOU GIVE A RAT'S ASS                                         

This "movie" was one of the most idiotic I've ever seen. Al Pacino was painful. His speech about his sister was so painful, that my mom said: "He not to good in this". He was worse than Ed Burns. The killer was obvious from her introduction. "Her" being Leelee Sobieski. At first, I thought she was mildly retarded, when Pacino talked about only telling your dog about cases, she said: "But not your parrot". When, she showed up "injured", it was obvious. She deserves WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS for this and "In The Lame Of The Kink: A Dung-eon Siege Tale". The script, almost, made me appreciate "What Happens In Vegas". It made me reconsider lower it on the bad movie scale. Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Actor, Worst Supporting Actor (Neal "I Know Who Killed Me" McDonough), Worst Supporting Actresses (Leelee and Alicia Witt), Worst Screenplay, Worst Screen Couple (Pacino and Witt or Deborah Kara Unger).

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 10:57am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

They actually made the tv spots and trailers really
good -- I don't know how. Now I believe that if I make a bad movie, the
trailer can make it look good. lol...

There's a saying for that; "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
thomas_johnson View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomas_johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 4:15am

I think there is nothing to debate about this matter, if 88 Minutes is a best or worst movie, because everyone of us has a unique definition of a good movie.

And actually, for me 88 Minutes is a very nice movie !!!

Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 9:00am

I actually had high hopes for this movie because it starred Al Pacino, who's a brillant actor and hasn't been in movies in quite a while.

Instead, it turned out to be a broken, muddled mess that just dragged on and on.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 8:16am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Roeper also called 88 MINUTES "a symphony of awful {and} quite possibly the worst movie of the year so far..." 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 2:54am

I saw Richard Roeper's review on-line, and according to him we should not only give a Razzie to Pacino, but also to Al's big hair and fake tan. Here's a LINK to see his review...

hastymanic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote hastymanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 4:58am

After all the horrible reviews, 88 minutes is just a curiosity piece at this point. Pacino is still a fine actor, and I can forgive him for curtailing acclaim for a paycheck every now and then. Are we forgetting the Halle Berry Razzie win and speech? Since 88 minutes is bound to head for DVD in a blink and a wink, give him his Razzie...and move on!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You forget that Pacino's competition for Worst Actor of 2008 includes RAZZIE Icon Sylvester Stallone in the execrable RAMBO. The reviews suggest Al could give Sly a real run for the spraypaint, but my money would still be on Stallone to "win" in the end...

Hasty Manic
I am still looking for a movie worse than 'Manos: The Hands of Fate.' Alas, I remain ever hopeful!
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 2:23am
I do not intend to see Nacho Libre because it looks stupid. And I will never watch Drillbit Taylor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>