Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > 88 MINUTES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

At Least 20 Minutes TOO Long...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: At Least 20 Minutes TOO Long...
    Posted: April 15 2008 at 1:48am

A FEW OBSERVATIONS ABOUT 88 MINUTES:

1) WHEN YOUR TITLE SUGGESTS a RUNNING TIME, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO WITH IT. THIS FILM ACTUALLY RUNS 108 MINUTES...

2) ANY FILM THAT STARS OSCAR® WINNER (AND FORMER RAZZIE® NOMINEE) AL PACINO, and GOES DIRECT-to-DVD in EUROPE a YEAR BEFORE IT OPENS HERE, IS CLEARLY in SOME KINDA TROUBLE...

3) SOMEONE NEEDS to TELL AL to GET RID of the BEARD -- IT MAKES HIM LOOK LIKE a CHARACTER on THE SIMPSONS...

4) THIS SAME IDEA HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE (AND DONE BETTER) AT LEAST 117 TIMES ALREADY...

OKAY, GET OUT YER STOP-WATCHES -- THIS WILL BE a TIMED POST-MORTEM... 

PACINO: "So, is this gonna, like. rain on my career?  Really?  Bad enough I could get another RAZZIE® nomination??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 3:53am

If this does suck, that's a shame -- Since Pacino used to be one of America's finest film actors. Guess he's doin' stuff for bux now...

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 3:57am

The key phrase regarding Pacino is "used to be." Anyone who saw his eyes-popping, neck-muscles-flexing, spittle-flying performance in "Gigli" (for which he was deservedly a Worst Supporting Actor nominee 5 years ago) already knows Ol' Al gave up doing quality work to do work-for-hire years ago...

Everything SUX!
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:02am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Pacino is clearly capable of doing better material than he's been doing in recent years -- Which in some waze makes him even more deserving of RAZZIE® attention. The ones who can't do any better at least have an excuse -- The ones like Pacino, Jon Voight and their ilk, who trade in on their good names by making crap-for-hire, are, in my book, the worst-of-the-worst... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 8:42am

I saw this movie (don't ask me how), and I think it's one of the worst movies of 2008, so far. I really didn't like it. It was laughable, trying to make everyone look like a suspect (which is even more laughable). They added one action sequence just because the movie was boring, they needed to get the audience's attention back... 

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 1:21pm

OMG! A movie even Moviewizguy didn't like!?!?  It must really suck!!!

Everything SUX!
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 3:48am

I'm surprise Al PACINO even made this movie -- he must really be desperate!

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 4:21pm
One critic says it ranks up there with Revolution on Al's misses list........As big a Pacino fan as I am, it doesn't look like I'll be able to defend this one. I will say that Righteous Kill does look a lot better, though. Maybe Al should take another hiatus. After Revolution he returned to the stage, and after going back to film he got Oscar nominations for Dick Tracy, Glengarry Glen Ross, and finally won an Oscar for Scent of a Woman.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 8:42am
They actually made the tv spots and trailers really good -- I don't know how. Now I believe that if I make a bad movie, the trailer can make it look good. lol...
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 4:36pm

Is this really moviewizguy???? Because the real moviewizguy would have said by now that this movie really deserves a break, and old Al should be getting an Academy Nod instead of a Razzie one.

Will The Real Slim Shady Please Stand UP! 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I saw this movie (don't ask me how), and I think it's one of the worst movies of 2008, so far. I really didn't like it. It was laughable, trying to make everyone look like a suspect (which is even more laughable). They added one action sequence just because the movie was boring, they needed to get the audience's attention back... 

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 4:39pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

They actually made the tv spots and trailers really good. I don't know how so now I believe that if I make a bad movie, I can make it look good. lol

They did the same thing for Jack Black in "Nacho Libre", They took the only 60 seconds of the film that was any good and put it into the trailer.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 2:23am
I do not intend to see Nacho Libre because it looks stupid. And I will never watch Drillbit Taylor.
hastymanic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote hastymanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 4:58am

After all the horrible reviews, 88 minutes is just a curiosity piece at this point. Pacino is still a fine actor, and I can forgive him for curtailing acclaim for a paycheck every now and then. Are we forgetting the Halle Berry Razzie win and speech? Since 88 minutes is bound to head for DVD in a blink and a wink, give him his Razzie...and move on!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You forget that Pacino's competition for Worst Actor of 2008 includes RAZZIE Icon Sylvester Stallone in the execrable RAMBO. The reviews suggest Al could give Sly a real run for the spraypaint, but my money would still be on Stallone to "win" in the end...

Hasty Manic
I am still looking for a movie worse than 'Manos: The Hands of Fate.' Alas, I remain ever hopeful!
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 2:54am

I saw Richard Roeper's review on-line, and according to him we should not only give a Razzie to Pacino, but also to Al's big hair and fake tan. Here's a LINK to see his review...

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 8:16am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Roeper also called 88 MINUTES "a symphony of awful {and} quite possibly the worst movie of the year so far..." 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 9:00am

I actually had high hopes for this movie because it starred Al Pacino, who's a brillant actor and hasn't been in movies in quite a while.

Instead, it turned out to be a broken, muddled mess that just dragged on and on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>