Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > MADE OF HONOR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Remake of 27 DRESSES Already??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Remake of 27 DRESSES Already??
    Posted: April 30 2008 at 10:08am

FEATURING a HIGH-PROFILE STAR from TV's GREY'S ANATOMY with ABOVE-the-TITLE BILLING, and LOOKING for ALL the WORLD LIKE a MALE CLONE of 27 DRESSES, COMES MADE OF HONOR, SOME STUPID STUDIO EXEC's IDEA of a CHICK-FLICK COUNTER-PROGRAMMER to IRON MAN.

FROM TWO of the RAZZIE® NOMINATED SCREENWRITERS of 2004 WORST PICTURE NOMINEE SURVIVING CHRISTMAS, and the RAZZIE® NOMINATED DIRECTOR of 1987 WORST PICTURE "WINNER" LEONARD: PART 6, HONOR WILL LIKELY GET RUN OVER at the BOX OFFICE LIKE the PROVERBIAL DEER in the HEADLIGHTS.  THEN, LIKE 27 DRESSES, IT'LL SHOW UP on DVD a FEW WEEKS LATER.

FEEL FREE to JOIN THE DIS-RECEPTION LINE BELOW, and LET the LOVELY COUPLE KNOW EXACTLY WHATCHA THINK...

Snickering Kid in Background: "Why do they call him Doctor McDreamy, when what I just saw was so...McTEENY?!?!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 10:12am

I'd say unless Iron Man sells out nationwide (which it might) and this thing's playing in adjacent theatres all over the place, Iron Man will blast Made of a Honor a new one (the painful way) come this weekend...

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 10:50am

I originally posted this elsewhere in the forum since I could not find anything on this earlier so here I go again...

So far for the weekend of May 2nd  I have a feeling that "Made of Honor" maybe the pick for worst New Movie of the Week. Has all the classic signs...Not screened for critics, the entire plot lifted from previous works (In this case Julia Roberts "My Best Friends Wedding"), and very little pre-release info promoting the movie. Sure smells like a stinker to me.

Anyways, I still say this is more of a rip-off of "My Best Friends Wedding" than "27 dresses".

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 10:58am

I'd say at the very least Iron Man will make anywhere between $80 million (Low end expectations) theo $130 million (High End, give or take $15 million) at the box office this weekend (of course this is all domestic Box Office). It will need at least that to be considered profitable, with a price tag that is currently on this movie ($186 million in production and I'm guessing $125 million for prints and advertising). 

Originally posted by #1-Film Freak!!

I'd say unless Iron Man sells out nationwide (which it might) and this thing's playing in adjacent theaters all over the place, Iron Man will blast Made of a Honor a new one (the painful way) come this weekend...

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 12:37pm

I just got done voting in a poll at Box Office Mojo about Which May Releases would do best in different catagories, and "Made Of Honor" is not looking so hot. This is from about 2000 voters thus far...

What is your top choice to see this weekend (May 2-4)?
78.3% Iron Man
5.3% No interest this weekend.
3.0% Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
2.2% Forgetting Sarah Marshall
2.1% Baby Mama
2.1% The Forbidden Kingdom
2.0% Made of Honor
0.9% 21
0.8% Other
0.7% Prom Night
0.7% Deception
0.7% Nim's Island
0.5% Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!
0.4% 88 Minutes
1,122 users polled.

When will you see 'Made of Honor?'
52.9% Never
20.9% On DVD
10.2% Sometime in Theaters
9.9% On TV
6.1% Opening Weekend
1,005 users polled.

When will you see 'Iron Man?'
63.0% Opening Weekend
21.9% Sometime in Theaters
9.5% On DVD
4.6% Never
0.9% On TV
1,103 users polled.

What will be the highest grossing May release?
71.6% Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
12.8% The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
12.5% Iron Man
1.6% Speed Racer
0.6% Sex and the City
0.4% Other
0.2% What Happens in Vegas
0.2% Made of Honor
1,706 users polled.

What is your top choice to see in May?
51.2% Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
22.2% Iron Man
12.4% The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
3.8% Sex and the City
3.7% Speed Racer
2.3% No interest in May's releases.
1.7% The Strangers
1.0% Other
0.8% What Happens in Vegas
0.5% Postal
0.5% Made of Honor
1,987 users polled.

And RT already has it at 20% Rotten thus far!!! (And the reviews are not too flattering)

The odds of this movie going down in flames are looking pretty good at this point!!!

Words to live by:
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 11:26am
Wow. With all the people who have abysmal film histories working on this project, it almost makes you wonder if the movie is for real.

In fact, i refuse to acknowledge this film's existence. This has to be a prank of some kind. You can't purposefully combine that much ineptitude into a single piece of work without causing some kind of rift in the space/time continuum. It just isn't scientifically possible.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 6:56am
Made of Honor came in with just 15.5 Million opening weekend.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 7:00am
Way better than I had originally targeted at, I thought for sure it would sink at between 8-9 million. With a reported $40 million budget this supreme "My Best Friends Wedding" Rip off my actually show a profit by the time it sells on DVD .

Words to live by:
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2008 at 3:56pm
Maybe there should be a new Razzie award: "Beating That Dead Horse" or "Milking that Cash Cow Until It Screams".

Seriously, the people making these movies (or their financiers) don't live on the planet we call Earth . . . .
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 2:52am
I have no plan on seeing this. My cousin saw it and said it was predictable,
but entertaining, but you know how it is with girls, just give them a movie
with a cute boy and plenty of hot dogs, and they wont care just how sh*tty a
movie is.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 12:12am

I'm curious as to how this one didn't make it to the "Trifecta of Trash" this week.....

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I decided listing more than 3 titles would be overkill -- But it was a hard call which of the four RAZZIE®-worthy movies being released on DVD today was the "least RAZZ-able."

It came down to the numbers -- which 3 had the worst cost-to-grosses ratio as against which had the lowest RT Rating. Both 88 MINUTES and GURU were savaged by RT crix and failed at the B.O. So it came down to SPEED RACER and MADE for the third slot -- Although RACER had the highest RT numbers of the four (about 35%) it also possibly the year's biggest box office bomb (grossing $44 million against a budget of about $120 million). Of these two, MADE had a lower RT Rating (12%) but was the only one of the four that grossed more than it had cost (it took in $46 million, and reportedly cost about $40).

With only SEX AND THE CITY as a major title coming to DVD next weak, MADE OF HONOR may be the bride instead of a bride's maid then... 

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 2:24pm
Remember when romantic comedies used to charm and please, where they
followed an original story and we enjoyed watching the journey the man and
the woman took together?

Neither did I. There isn't a single moment in this movie's story line that isn't
recycled or formulaic. Even my seven-year-old cousin who knew nothing
about this movie could predict every moment that was going to happen.

Worst Director, Worst Screenplay, and Worst Remake or Ripoff (for My Best
Friend's Wedding
and any other chick flicks that came before it).
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:08am
This is another potential nominee for Worst Screen Couple, but I doubt it ranks with either Paris Hilton/Christine Lakin ("hottie & The Nottie") and Kate Hudson/Matthew McConaughey/Dane Cook "My Best Friend's Girl").
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2008 at 12:11pm
I disagree. I think the only strength of the movie is the screen
couple(despite Patrick Dempsey's character being a creepy jerk who stalks her at her wedding, asks her to marry him, and embarrasses her in front of all of her -- and the groom's -- friends).
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 11:38pm
For Your Consideration:

Worst Actor in a Leading Role: Patric Dempsey (Made of Honor)
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 3:29pm
It was one of the funniest movies of the year.Unfortunately,the endin'was...you know.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>