Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > MEET DAVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

STARSHIP CRASH ’n’ BURN?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STARSHIP CRASH ’n’ BURN?!?!?
    Posted: July 12 2008 at 3:34am
Eddie Murphy has been allowed to do multiple roles ever since The Nutty Professor was so successful.  However, he's failed to capture lightning in a bottle.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 5:43am

This came in 7th place at the box-office. "Hellboy II" was first, "Hancock" was 2, and "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" was 3rd.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 1:10pm
"Coming to America" is the only movie I can think of where Eddie Murphy played multiple roles AND was actually funny. But over the past 20 years since that movie was released, his formula of the one-man cast has failed him. I'm glad this movie bombed, I only hope the same will be said for "Disaster Movie".
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 1:42pm
Interestingly, this crappy movie was written by Bill Corbett (of MST3K fame). Thought he would know a crappy movie when he saw one, but I guess after seeing all the reviews on "Meet Dave," he can always riff on his own movie...  
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2008 at 2:20pm

Well, I think I can lock in my 5 choices for WORST ACTOR now:  Eddie
Murphy, MEET DAVE

Mike Myers, THE LOVE GURU

Adam Sandler, ZOHAN

Sylvester Stallone, RAMBLOW 

Ben Stein, EXPELLED 
Right now, I wonder if anyone else can surpass the
level of awfulness these 5 have already achieved. And we still have half the
year to go... I only wish I could vote for Uwe Boll as WORST ACTOR
based on his You Tube rant!  

On Edit--Will Ferrell is just ASKING for it
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 8:22am

No doubt Eddie's already looking forward anxiously to the 4th Shrek film Dreamworks has long planned, since voicing the Donkey's pretty much all he's got left (as this clearly evidences).  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 2:54pm

Below is a LINK to a whole article about Murphy's career being on life support. The worst news: Murphy is teaming up with the same director of "Norbit" and "Meet Dave" for a THIRD time in a movie about a guy who will die if he speaks one thousands words. I can think of 3 words to go along with those 1,000...and they start with "WTF?!"

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20080713/121599222000.htm l

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Michaels

The worst news of the article: Murphy is teaming up with the same
director of "Norbit" and "Meet Dave" for a THIRD time in a movie about a guy
who will die if he speaks his last thousands words. I can think of 3 words to
go along with those 1,000, and they start with "WTF?!"

Please, after seeing Harlem Nights on cable again, I can guess that 500 of
those last 1,000 words would be the four letter one that starts with "F"
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 2:43am

I'm not sure if that would happen. He's become such a "family icon" that he hardly ever swears in his movies. Compare that to "Trading Places," were he swore every five seconds. Also, that movie had a laugh every five seconds... 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 4:49pm
I liked him in Delirious which was a documentary of his standup routine. He was also good in Bowfinger and Boomerang, so he can be funny...
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2008 at 2:46am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I have always thought there are few things sadder (or more RAZZIE® worthy) than a genuine talent just going through the motions. And (except for DREAMGIRLS) that's exactly what Eddie Murphy has been doing for the last decade or so...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2008 at 11:58am
IMDB is currently doing a viewers poll to see who is doing worst with their respective carreer's...Eddie Murphy or Mike Meyers, click here to vote! (You most register with IMDB to do so, but it is free)
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2008 at 10:33am
They do so good in the Shrek movies...
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:12am

Eddie Murphy's looking to actually defend his title as Worst Actor (has anyone else done that?).  The only real competition he has is Mike Myers. 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:14am

I'm pretty sure The Sly Guy has won back-to-back, given his track record with the Razzies. But Murphy may soon share that "honor" with him... 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 3:38am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yes, indeed, Stallone did "win" back-to-back Worst Actor statuettes for in 1984 (RHINESTONE) and 1985 (RAMBO II and ROCKY IV). Our Awl-Time Male Runner Up Kevin Costner  was a RAZZIE Three-pete as Worst Actor during the 1990s, but never "won" back-to-back...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>