Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > MEET DAVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

STARSHIP CRASH ’n’ BURN?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STARSHIP CRASH ’n’ BURN?!?!?
    Posted: November 24 2008 at 4:12pm
Gee, at this rate, Eddie Murphy might tie or surpass Stallone's all-time record of 10 "wins," and in a matter of only three years!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 8:55am
Why is this the only "Worst on DVD This Week"? There is also Fred
Claus
, Space Chimps, and (arguably)Hancock. It should be a
Quadrifecta this week.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 2:33pm
I just watched this from Netflix and it actually was not as bad as I expected it
to be. Granted, it is still not a "good" movie, but it is still generally
competent, with Eddie Murphy doing his usual shtick, and some of it actually
works. In fact, if one found a better director and screenwriter, this actually
could have worked as "good" family entertainment. Still not one of the better
efforts of the year, it doesn't stand a chance against The Love Guru and
Disaster Movie.
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 5:00pm

"Not as bad as expected"? Did we see the same movie??

I, too, just saw this on a NetFlix DVD, and while it wasn't nearly as painful to sit through as Murphy's all-time worst "Pluto Nash," it still fell flat about 94% of the time, felt mostly forced and unfunny, and had a "plot" about as predictable as a TV sit-com. Not Eddie's worst, but far from being among his best... 

Everything SUX!
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 1:37am

Again, I am not praising the movie, I am saying that while it does fall flat most of the time, there are some occasionally clever jokes in the otherwise mediocre material.

When you look at some of the truly awful comedies of 2008, (like Meet the Spartans/Disaster Movie and The Love Guru) Meet Dave, and/or some of Eddie Murphy's other work (like Pluto Nash) Dave does not stand a chance...   

Kate View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Michaels

As much as I love Gabrielle Union, she should get a nod just for her bad decision making when it comes to choosing what projects to take. She was offered the role of Kate from the TV series "Lost", but she turned it down because the show didn't make sense to her and she thought it would fail within its first season. As we all know, she was WRONG.

WHAT??? I'm a total Lost addict, but I never knew that! Crazy!
FEED ME A STRAY CAT
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 2:32pm
***/*****

Months ago I said this was one of the funniest movies of 2008,and I was crucified by that.After re-watching the movie I don't change my opinion.However,it doesn't mean it was one of the best movies of the year.

This movie really seemed like a family movie based on the simple humour(which was good)and a few plot holes that can only be noticed by critics.However,this movie made the mistake of adding things that made it PG-13.Therefor,this can't be enjoyed by the audience(late teens and adults)because they're not the target.I was lucky that I saw it when I was 17.

I give it 4,5/C-/50%.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Vits

This movie really seemed like a family movie based on the simple humour(which was good)and a few plot holes that can only be noticed by critics.
Well, that's the critics' job ... and the Razzies'. At least you didn't give it a 4 our of 5 stars or whatnot, like someone else might.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123