Here’s Lookin’ at You...CRUD!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here’s Lookin’ at You...CRUD!
    Posted: April 15 2012 at 9:42am
CLICK BELOW, then skip to 02:35.

Thoughts?  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 10:38am
I made a list of the worst performances of all times:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/blogs/?id=674392

Kiefer Sutherland is in it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 10:32am
I just saw the original movie INTO THE MIRROR.I was blown away...by the fact it was worse than this.MIRRORS have obvious flaws but it still made want to keep watching.INTO THE MIRROR,on the other hand,was plain boring.Since I knew the ending would be the same,I looked at it with the same eyes I did with MIRRORS,like I didn't know.It turns out the ending is bad on both movies.In MIRRORS it makes no sense.In INTO THE MIRROR it only makes sense if you look at it as an artsy film,which it isn't.It completely killed the tone of the movie.Actually,it didn't,since the movie wasn't a horror flick like they promised.It was mostly talking.

Since I gave 20% to MIRRORS,I give INTO THE MIRROR 10%.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 5:04pm
Yeah, see -- this is what half-assed storytelling does to your movie when you don't bother to explain everything because the movie is just one long set-up for a sequel that won't happen. Here's a crazy idea, Hollywood, try making a single, stand-alone movie first, then see how it does with critics and audiences, and then ... AND ONLY THEN ... make as many sequels as you like.  

Originally posted by Vits

1)At no point there's even a hint that the Mirror World is where dead people go.
2)How would you explain that Kiefer's son entered the World through water?

There's also 15 other questions(literally)that haven't been answered and won't because of the script.I guess we can try to hold on to the explanations of the original movie.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 1:09pm

1)At no point there's even a hint that the Mirror World is where dead people go.

2)How would you explain that Kiefer's son entered the World through water?

There's also 15 other questions(literally)that haven't been answered and won't because of the script.I guess we can try to hold on to the explanations of the original movie.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 11:52am
What? I'm confused. It's simply that our character died in the climax showdown and is now stuck in a limbo. What's not to get? He's in the world of the mirror monsters.  

After double-checking,I shouldn't ask about it.You see,the ending makes no sense regarding what the rest of the movie showed us.There is no explanation.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 10:55am
As I said, it's called a bad script...  

After double-checking,I shouldn't ask about it.You see,the ending makes no sense regarding what the rest of the movie showed us.There is no explanation.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 9:35am
After double-checking,I shouldn't ask about it.You see,the ending makes no sense regarding what the rest of the movie showed us. There is no explanation.  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I thought it was obvious: He died after the climax scene, and now he's stuck between two worlds.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 5:06pm
Yeah, ya gotta love those cliff-hanger endings. Oh wait, those only work for TV shows...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 4:58pm
I thought it was obvious: He died after the climax scene, and now he's stuck between two worlds.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 3:07pm
I have an explanation: a very bad screenplay!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 2:59pm

After looking through all your Forums, there still isn't an explanation for this film's ending. Does anyone here have one?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 2:49pm
Thankfully, the fad of making Americanized Korean and Japanese horror movies has died since then.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 1:15pm
2/10.Why?The ending had the same tone as the one from the director's cut of THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT.If it wasn't for that ending,I would've give it like a 4.It's barely scary.
Originally posted by movieman

If there is any reason at all why this movie will do well, it will be because of
Kiefer Sutherland is in it.
Actually,why didn't he get nominated?He wasn't awful,but come on!I understand it's not 100% easy to cry and makes us feel emotional at the same time.But who screams like that when being on fire?I know the director of that scene was a replacement(Aja's wife was in labor),but still.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 1:57pm
Still, stop remaking Asian films! The American versions are always worse, except for maybe the first "The Ring" remake ... maybe, but then of course they made the American sequel, and that was worse!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 1:16pm
Well, it's not actually a remake. Aja used the same concept with evil spirits behind mirrors but dramatically changed everything else. Oh, and I don't think the original film was that good as compared to Ringu, Shutter, and all that jazz.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>