Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > BANGKOK DANGEROUS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

If You BANG COCK, It Be DANGEROUS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If You BANG COCK, It Be DANGEROUS...
    Posted: August 20 2008 at 6:51am

THE TRAILER LOOKED TRASHY...

IT WAS YET ANOTHER 2008 REMAKE of a PREVIOUS ASIAN FILM...

IT WASN'T PRE-SCREENED for CRITICS...

AND IT STARRED RAZZIE® REPEAT OFFENDER NICOLAS CAGE.

SO WHY DID WE THINK BANGKOK DANGEROUS WAS GONNA BE a CONTENDUH??

GEEZ, I DUNNO. COULD IT HAVE BEEN...JUST a HUNCH?? 

FEEL FREE to LET US KNOW BELOW WHY YOU THINK  IT IS (OR ISN'T) DESERVING of RAZZIE® ATTENTION...

* WOW, WE MADE IT ALL the WAY THROUGH THIS POSTING WITHOUT EVER PLAYING OFF the OBVIOUS JOKES THIS FILM's TITLE SUGGESTS. BUT THEN, WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT IF YOU BANG YOUR COCK, IT CAN BE DANGEROUS...??

CAGE: "This man apparently died of self-inflicted suffocation...Holding his breath waiting for me to finally make a GOOD movie again!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 2:54pm

How is LionsGate the most successful indie studio, when all it does is produce Saw movies, Tyler Perry Movies, and so-so action movies like this?

PS: Great picture caption, because it's so true...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 2:14am
Nicolas Cage needs to slow down. I don't know why he tries to continue to be a leading action star. His quirkiness is better suited for more downbeat, intelligent movies, but right now he seems to only have interest in generic Hollywood action movies. At least this is his only movie this year.

P.S. I don't think the people of Thailand would like it that you use their city's name as a silly sexual pun...  
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by jb razz

P.S. I don't think the people of Thailand would like it that you use their city's name as a silly sexual pun...  

Then they should strongly consider renaming it. At least it's not as bad as Lake Titicaca!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 3:25am
Yeah... a foreign country that speaks another language with a city name that
derives from their own language and probably has a meaning in that
language should consider renaming the city because it sounds sexual in
another language to certain people who aren't mature enough to deal with
it.
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 1:19pm

Come on, who hasn't had silly thoughts when hearing references to "Bangkok" and/or "Lake Titcaca"?? 

Maybe they haven't been as prevalent since 4th grade, but...

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2008 at 7:42am
The Bangkok joke is bad in that it's old. I first saw the movie "The Grudge," the Japanese version, in Spain. One of the main character's name is Mariko, which is incredibly similar to the Spanish word maricón, which means gay, queer, etc. The audience found it hilarious. The point being, this kind of childishness exists throughout the world.
And I haven't been coming to this site as long as some people, but shouldn't people wait until the movie has come out to make it eligible for a Razzie? Wanted is highlighted in pink on the list, and that movie kicked ass. Bangkok looks PRETTY God awful, but couldn't it wait ONE week to put it into contention? I'm sure it's gonna be bad enough.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 2:56am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

And I haven't been coming to this site as long as some people, but shouldn't people wait until the movie has come out to make it eligible for a Razzie? Wanted is highlighted in pink on the list, and that movie kicked ass.

You'll find in the Wanted thread, as well as the threads for Horton Hears a Who, Get Smart and Hancock, that many if not most of us praised all those movies.  I'm guessing with Hancock, HeadRAZZ added that one precisely because the critics panned it so badly AND so many of us loved it, one of the few times the Razzies members disagreed heartily with the critics.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Michaels

How is LionsGate the most successful indie studio, when all it does is produce Saw movies, Tyler Perry Movies, and so-so action movies like this?

PS: Great picture caption, because it's so true...

No, Lions Gate is a good studio. I just hate them for limiting their release on The Genetic Opera and dumping Midnight Meat Train in bargain theaters...and like you said, they would so sell the Saw movies all out.

moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 11:18am
I hope this doesn't start a trend of remaking Hong Kong action flicks, a la remakes of J-horror.

On another note, I personally didn't think too highly of the original film. Guess how optimistic I am about this one...
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 8:37am

lol Perhaps it IS time for HeadRazz to consider waiting to Pink some of those names, then.

Originally posted by cvcjr13

You'll find in the Wanted thread, as well as the threads for Horton Hears a Who, Get Smart and Hancock, that many if not most of us praised all those movies.  I'm guessing with Hancock, HeadRAZZ added that one precisely because the critics panned it so badly AND so many of us loved it, one of the few times the Razzies members disagreed heartily with the critics.

-Iron helps us play-
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 12:03pm

Please, don't bring up Tyler Perry. Aside from Why Did I Get Married? (and possibly his new one, The Family That Preys), all his films look rather painful to watch. They're just rehashed African-American garbage with talented actors literally talking to the audience sometimes (and often screaming like banshees if that doesn't work), characters painted in black and white (Steve Harris and Blair Underwood should be ashamed of those roles they chosen during Perry's beginning), and glorified African-American crime posturing IN A CHRISTIAN FILM NO LESS. Trust me, I saw bits and pieces of Diary of a Mad Black Woman in syndication, and I had to laugh. And there's an audience for this, the same people who chose Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton because they're all buffoons who listen to anything. But hey, f**k me, I'm just a dumb white boy who obviously has no respect for the black culture (take note that I was being sarcastic).

On the topic of Bangkok Dangerous, this was a bomb from the beginning: The trailer wasn't even exciting in the least, and the fact that this film was directed by the same people who helmed the original is a shock, too. Poor Nic Cage! 

Originally posted by Michaels

You think you know, but you have no idea.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 3:59am

Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

Please, don't bring up Tyler Perry. Aside from Why Did I Get Married? (and possibly his new one, The Family That Preys), all his films look rather painful to watch. They're just rehashed African-American garbage with talented actors literally talking to the audience sometimes (and often screaming like banshees if that doesn't work), characters painted in black and white (Steve Harris and Blair Underwood should be ashamed of those roles they chosen during Perry's beginning), and glorified African-American crime posturing IN A CHRISTIAN FILM NO LESS. Trust me, I saw bits and pieces of Diary of a Mad Black Woman in syndication, and I had to laugh. 

Yeah, if you see one Perry movie, you have seen them all. They are pretty much just the most meainstream Christian movies out there. Each one has the same message: prayer is the answer to all of life's problems. You're husband left you for another woman, prayer will make it all better. You lost your job and you can barely support your family, prayer will fix it all. Your wife is getting full custody of your childern, prayer is the answer. You're husband is beating you on a daily basis, prayer is here to help. Perry's storytelling skills might suck, but he knows how to hook in the African-Americans who actually do believe in his message. 

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 7:29am
By the way, not related to Bangkok Dangerous, I am a Christian. I am not against the religion. But, honestly, people deserve better entertainment than what Tyler Perry's concocting.

Oh, and get this. First Sunday's a similar film that's using Christianity as a crutch so it won't get Razzie nods. But, lo and behold, it has its own discussion board.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 8:00am

Only $7.8 million during an entire opening weekend?  And it's number one at the box office?  Isn't this way bad?

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 5:17am
Well, we all know what Murray Head's lyrics said:  "One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble," and it appears to be so here, too.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>